main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: your Classic Trilogy Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinfansince1983 , Apr 2, 2016.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I head back to campus in a week.

Thank freaking God.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I can't believe it's time for school to start....move in is going on here at Illinois State with about 50% of the roads either closed or under construction, it's a nightmare. I'm also old enough now that I hate when the students come back, it's so quiet and peaceful when they are gone.

3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I'm probably not as old as you Cubman but I've got the opposite issue. Every summer my city and the surrounding area just gets flooded with people. Last month I went in to get a free slurpee at 7-11..the hoard of teenie weenies burned up the slurpee machine. No shugary goodness for me!!

I can't wait for school to start again.

4. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    4 day vacation from work starting tomorrow.

cubman987 likes this.
  5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Nice, doing anything exciting?

6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Going to Bristol Tennessee for the NASCAR Cup race on Saturday. Can stay Sunday if it rains out on Saturday.

7. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Nice! I'd love to go to Bristol for a race. My father in law and I go to the Joliet (Chicagoland) race every year and it's always a good time.

8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Mansfield Truck races 06-08, Indy 06, MIS Cup June 08 and August 2012, Mid-Ohio NNS for a couple years, 2015 Daytona 500 and now Bristol.

Hope its a great race. Going to need ear plugs. 15 second laps? Yep.

First night race. Hope the rain stays away. Going with my Dad.

9. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    OH GOD SCHOOL

I start in ten days

I have ten days to live before I ascend to a new state of existence where black and white meld, up and down lose meaning, left and right go the same way, AtG,NtY!

10. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I had to got to see a night race in Joliet one time because of the rain....1:00pm race started around 9:00pm I think. Once we got to see the race it was actually a cool experience to see the race under the lights and not have to worry about getting sunburnt or anything.

I'm heading up to Chicago for the Wizard World con tomorrow and Sunday....some great panels I'm looking forward to including a Back to the Future panel (with Fox, Lloyd, and Thompson), and X-Files panel with the entire main cast, and I'm going to get a photo with and autograph from Carrie Fisher, should be a great con. It's the first time I'm going to a con with the wife, will be interesting to see how she likes it as she's not real into that kind of stuff outside of Harry Potter.

Dagobahsystem and Force Smuggler like this.
  11. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    The new banner for this sub forum is terrible. Where are Lobot and the Magical Ice Cream Man of Bespin?:mad:

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Behind Luke's head.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Which one? He has three.

The Vanguard and DarthCricketer like this.
  14. Kuro

Kuro Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    Been drinking plenty of Crystal Pepsi the past week or so (a convenience store that’s only about 10 minutes from my house carries it). God, I missed this stuff.

Also saw this really wonderful movie yesterday called KUBO AND THE TWO STRINGS. It’s a really enjoyable and creative animated fantasy film. Arguably the best film I’ve seen so far this year (in my opinion, 2016 has been a really weak year for movies so far). If anyone posting here has kids, please take them to see KUBO. It’s the type of movie kids should be seeing, but sadly doesn’t get made often enough, something to truly spark their sense of wonder and imagination.

15. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Back from the race, Back at it tomorrow. Will expand on tomorrow night or Monday.

16. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Had a blast at Wizard World, great panels and Carrie Fisher was delightful both when we met het and in her panel, which was one of the funniest and most entertaining panels I've seen.

Force Smuggler saw the race got rained out Sat, that sucks but hopefully you finally got to see it today.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Had to come home today. Saw 40 laps last night. Got a Jeff Gordon #24ever shirt, a Tony Stewart Mobil 1 hat and a Ryan Blaney shirt.

Pretty cool track. Would love to go back.

Stayed until it was called at 11:30, was midnight by the time we got back to the car, and was 1:30 when we got to the hotel. Long day and night.

18. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I have to confess a weird hobby: there's this fantastic comic store in South Florida (Tate's) with a huge Star Wars section, and whenever I'm there I have to get a ridiculous action figure for my brother. So far he's received: Boss Nass, Anakin Skywalker's Force Ghost (Sebastian Shaw), Nute Gunray, Prune Face, and most recently, Aunt Beru (with blue milk accessory). My friend also received a Dexter Jettster. Half the joy of the experience is the look on the cashier's face when it's the only thing you purchase that day. I think next I'll get him the two-headed podrace announcer.

19. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    [face_laugh] That's classic! Do they have a MOC Yak Face?

20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I think I saw a Yak Face, but I can't be certain. They had the guy in the red dress with the messed up teeth from Revenge of the Sith whose face looks like it's made of corduroy. Also Klaatu, Barada, and Nikto from Return of the Jedi. Snaggletooth. Hammerhead. The works.

Dagobahsystem and MOC Yak Face like this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

PymParticles likes this.
  22. MOC Vober Dand

MOC Vober Dand Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 6, 2004
    Tion Meddon? All the greats. I hope it was a blue Snaggletooth!

PymParticles likes this.
  23. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Dude, we're on a SW forum. We're weird enough.

you have no idea how much i envy you and desire to track you down and steal all these figures

24. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Anything less would have been a rip off!!

25. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    ...Wait, this isn't normal behavior? God... dammit. I should have just stuck with lacrosse.

Haha as if, I sucked at lacrosse, I was just on the team so I could give my jacket to girls. I never got it back.

Oh, and you can steal those figures when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.