main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: your Classic Trilogy Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinfansince1983 , Apr 2, 2016.

1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

In other alcohol-related news, I'm taking a wine tasting course this semester. I'm receiving credit for drinking wine every Monday and Wednesday afternoon. Graduating in style.

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Wine tasting?! And you get actual college credit for that? How are you graded? Can you drink more wine for extra credit? Will you be able to tell where a wine is from just by smelling it when the class is done? Why wasn't this course offered at my school?

3. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016

Well done Pym. It doesn't get any better than this.

4. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
  5. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I thought this was the thread you were coherent in? ;)

6. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm so freaking exhausted. I've been running errands nonstop over the past three days in the lead-in to the 9-hour drive to campus I have tomorrow morning. All I want to do is sleep... but first my brother and I are finishing up The Force Awakens. We can't let our Star Wars marathon go incomplete. Priorities.

7. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    There is an old movie theater in town, I think it's been around for like 80 years, and it shows documentaries and older films now and I just saw that Raiders of the Lost Ark is playing next Friday! I'm excited as I've never actually seen it on the big screen and will be watching it in the theater it originally played at here.

8. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    My student theater has had Raiders of the Lost Ark make it to the voting round, like, three times over the past year or so for the Classics programming block. It has never been voted in. One of the three times, an argument against it was, "It's kind of a 'dad' movie." Mary Poppins got voted in instead, I believe. I think I stopped showing up to meetings after that.

See, this is what Anakin was talking about in Attack of the Clones when he waxed poetic on the values of a benign dictatorship. Dictatorships get us Raiders of the Lost Ark. Democracies get us Mary Poppins.

9. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    The respect I had for your school because of that wine tasting class just took a big hit with this new, troubling information.

10. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I go to FSU; there should be more than enough to cause your respect to fluctuate alarmingly.

Dagobahsystem and cubman987 like this.
  11. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    You go to any of the football or basketball games?

12. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Honestly, not all that often. This is my last semester, though, so I'm planning on attending at least a couple more football games before I leave.

cubman987 likes this.
  13. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm a Duke basketball fan because all of the professional sports teams I root for sucked when I got into college basketball (well before the Blackhawks got good again) and my alma mater is more often in the NIT than the big tournament come March.....so I'd love to be able to go to a lot of the ACC games.

On a sad note I just found out the local comic book store I've been going to for 20+ years is closing at the end of next month....the nearest comic shop will now be about a 45 minute drive away. Pretty not cool about the whole thing.

14. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

PymParticles and The Vanguard like this.
  15. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Not to say Mary Poppins isn't a great musical

but

Raiders

PymParticles and Sarge like this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    And now I have a mental image of Harrison Ford trying to do a Cockney accent and singing Chim-chiminy chim-chiminy chim chim cheroo.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd pay to see that.

18. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Meeeee toooooo!

19. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I start class tomorrow, so I think I'm going to while away the hours watching the Dollars trilogy. I also finally got around to watching Krampus yesterday afternoon. My favorite horror movie is Trick 'r Treat, so I'm personally surprised it took so long, and it was no Trick 'r Treat, but I enjoyed it. Horror-comedy is my favorite variation of the genre, and always has been since I watched Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein Meet Frankenstein with my grandpa as a little kid, so it scratched all the right itches for me.

20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I started watching Stranger Things (Netflix) this weekend and holy crap! It is my new favorite show, so, so good. Anyone else check it out yet? If not I highly recommend it.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Lol I'm at college

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Lol I can barely remember college

The Vanguard and Darkslayer like this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I have all 7 main SW movies on I-Tunes. Movie marathon happening eventually.

24. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I have them all in steelbook form :cool:

25. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Darkslayer So... did you hear about Deathstroke?

Darkslayer likes this.