main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: your Classic Trilogy Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinfansince1983 , Apr 2, 2016.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    The Cubs are a Major League Baseball team from Chicago, IL. They are (unfortunately) best known for having the longest championship drought in professional sports history as they have not won the World Series since 1908 or even appeared in the World Series since 1945. They usually suck and when they do make the playoffs they tend to lose spectacularly. After making the playoffs last year with the 3rd best record in baseball (before losing in the National League Championship Series), they went on to have the best record in baseball this season and now find themselves tied with the Los Angeles Dodgers in this years NLCS, putting them 2 wins away from the World Series (or 2 losses away from my heart breaking again). You are correct to assume I am a dedicated (die hard) fan, though defecated fan would have made sense too with all the **** I've put up with with this team. My username is a play on a Budweiser ad that used to appear on the backs of the Cubs official magazine (the Vineline) that said "Nothing beats a Cub fan Bud man", it's been my screen name for basically everything since I signed up for AOL Instant Messenger in the mid 90's. The 987 part is just random numbers because any meaningful numbers to me were already taken.

2. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    And now the Cubs are a win away from the World Series!!

PymParticles and Seagoat like this.
  3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    And in more disappointing sports news (not that I follow too much), my town's hockey team was just defeated insultingly

Pfff. "No goal." That was clearly a valid penetration of the net

Valency Jane likes this.
  4. Mace Windu is GOAT

Mace Windu is GOAT Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    I don't support either team, I just want the series to go on. So in that case... Go Dodgers!

5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Can someone pull a Sidious and electrocute me so I can quit my job without making it look bad?

6. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    You could always fake your death, change your name, and move to another country.

7. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    But then I'd have to start all over, defeating the point :p

8. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    Darkslayer hope you got to see the game tonight buddy!

[​IMG]

9. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    Yay Cubs! Great game tonight!

Darkslayer and cubman987 like this.
  10. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    I'm pulling for you guys! You deserve a win, you've had a great season.

Darkslayer and cubman987 like this.
  11. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Yes, usher in the End Times with your victory! :p

Valency Jane likes this.
  12. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    PLEASE

Just end the collective agony of human existence already. Enough is enough.

Valency Jane likes this.
  13. Valency Jane

Valency Jane Force Ghost star 6

Jan 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

:p

14. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    :eek: but there are new Star Wars movies coming out!!!!

Darkslayer, TX-20, Sarge and 2 others like this.
  15. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Never mind; you raise a good point.

Actually it's funny you say that because for a period of time I was so crushingly depressed that the only thing keeping me going was "Do you really not want to see Episode VII?" I really wish there was some kind of way I could thank George Lucas for creating this series.

16. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm pretty sure he's gotten a lot of "thanks" from us sitting in his bank account. :)

For real though, I would love to meet him just so I could say thank you in person.

17. zombie cubman987

zombie cubman987 Undead Mod of PT, CT, and Saga

Oct 5, 2016
    Happy Halloween everyone!

Sarge and Valency Jane like this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Philosophical question of the day: Does it count as double-posting if it's your sock?

Valency Jane and Dagobahsystem like this.
  19. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
  20. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Here's hoping for a Cubs victory tomorrow night! It looks like Back to the Future Part II was only off by a year...

cubman987 likes this.
  21. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I have no idea how I'm supposed to survive tomorrow....

22. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    Scotch?

23. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm honestly so nervous I don't think alcohol would even effect me....plus it's generally frowned upon at my work.

Sarge and PymParticles like this.
  24. PymParticles

Oct 1, 2014
    ...That's a good point. Well, I hope you make it through the day without too many nervous breakdowns!

And speaking of scotch, some highlights from my Halloween weekend:

• Went our partying every night from Thursday to Sunday; ended up feeling so fatigued last night that instead of going to the club my best friend was DJ'ing at like I was planning to I just stayed in, roasted pumpkin seeds, baked cookies, brewed tea, and watched A New Hope while my body recovered.
    • Me and a friend of mine who looks a fair bit like me convinced quite a few people that we were fraternal twins.
    • That same friend drunkenly threw an empty bottle of bourbon so far off a balcony we never heard it land. After he chucked it, he turned to me with the biggest grin on his face and said, "That felt really good."
    • That same night as we were leaving, a different friend jumped out of our car while it was moving, landed on his chest, got up, and ran away for, like, no reason at all. This isn't the first time he's done that.
    • I fell off the same fence while hopping it twice in one evening. The second time I was so wasted that when I landed on my side I just started laughing because of how badly it hurt. My whole body is still sore and my lower back feels like it's being punched every time I cough or sneeze or sit down or get up.
    • Got complimented on my Jon Snow costume a lot.
    • I'm finding more and more tiny white hairs spread throughout my beard. I'm 22. Twenty-two.
    All in all a 10/10 five-day period.

EDIT: My shoulder is now bleeding for some reason

Valency Jane and Evening Star like this.
  25. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    I'm pullin OT at work so we put the game on the radio.
    Just wanted to throw a show of props to the cubman987 - I hope for a nail biter and for the Cubbies to play their butts off!