main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT A Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy: your Classic Trilogy Social Thread!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by anakinfansince1983 , Apr 2, 2016.

1. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    I too had no idea it wasn't already booked in for Dec 2019. :confused:

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Haha, I made it. I am a mod myself on a DCEU forum (as you can tell by my avatar I freaking love what they are doing with my favorite comic book heroes). I actually made a whole library of gifs for modding lol, I had way too much fun :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    New banhammer? That's the gift that just keeps on giving.

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

I havent had to use mine in awhile........(waiting.......waiting).

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

Go ahead, punk, I dare you. :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm fine with Abrams as long as there is no mystery box and the OT characters are handled with respect.

7. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    Ok. Now watch carefully. When I nod my head....

Darkslayer likes this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Are you good with Lens Flares? :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  9. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Oh for your, I am revoking your DD214. :p

Darkslayer and Sarge like this.
  10. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    The mystery box thing is the thing I'm most afraid of, simply because it IS his thing.

I know he's not everybody's cup of tea, but I'm hoping the character Snoke gets some sort of pay off as a character, having JJ in charge of his character (assuming he doesn't kick the bucket in TLJ) worries me.

Sarge likes this.
  11. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I know people mention the mystery box thing but I just can't see KK/Lucasfilm letting him do that with the conclusion of the trilogy. I'd hope he wouldn't want to anyways.

Bazinga'd and Sarge like this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Mranakinfan, who is thrilled with the Abrams pick, said the same--that he would not get away with pulling a Lost ending with Star Wars.

But no lens flares, please.

Bazinga'd likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    I have never truly figured out the "Mystery Box" thing. Can some one try to explain to me its purpose?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Yes, please.

My reaction was 'meh'. I guess I'll do my best to be positive until I see the end result.

Dagobahsystem and Dandelo like this.
  15. Martoto77

Aug 6, 2016
    From what I've read, it''s kind of like the Maguffin but with the distinction that it finding out what the Maguffin is, or why it is, becomes gradually more important to the audience in line with the characters in the story. A maguffin is just an excuse for things to happen that gets forgotten about while we're engrossed in the action surrounding it.

The problem, from some people's perspectives, is if the mystery box doesn't meet expectations when it's opened.

I personally don't think the mystery box, as defined by previous works, really applies to the ST or what Abrams did with TFA. What he did do, which is related to the mystery box theory, was fully embrace the fact that cinema is a reductive process. You only tell the audience what they need to know in the moment in order for them to respond as you wish, when you wish. Even if it provokes questions. The intention being that by the end of the trilogy, those questions that really need to be answered will have been answered.(although not all of them, I sincerely hope)

Bazinga'd likes this.
  16. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

Huttese 101 likes this.
  17. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Sarge likes this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The Vanguard: Similar styles, but different rules from what I did. I was never anywhere near good enough to compete at international level like those guys, but I absolutely recognize their techniques and moves. And they are very very good at what they do.

I have to chuckle when they talk about the big 16 on 16 fights. We often had that many at regional practices. For a big weekend event, it was common to have a hundred fighters on the field. The biggest battle I was in was the annual Pennsic war in western Pennsylvania in 1999. Each army numbered over a thousand. That was awe-inspiring. The opening charge was a tremendous rush, and I can still hear the crash when the opposing shield walls met. And I was right there in the middle of it feeling the shock against my own shield. "Intense" doesn't even come close to describing that.

cubman987 and The Vanguard like this.
  19. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Sounds like a rush! Can't say I'm not interested, at least to watch in person. Maybe one day when I'm not trying to do several big-commitment type things at once, I'll spectate a competition or something. There's gotta be that sort of thing in San Diego County.

The comment one of the guys made of breathing your own CO2, that was interesting. Sarge

Sarge likes this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yeah, very few of us fought in full-face great helms cuz we like O2. I enlarged the breathing holes and added a few extra to mine. Air is good. CO2, not good.

21. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Its like doing tactical maneuvers in MOPP 4.

Merrick Simms and Sarge like this.
  22. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Dandelo likes this.
  23. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Guys, I don't see Jay anywhere...

Seagoat likes this.
  24. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA