main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI A write-up of Celebration 2...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheHuntressDiana, May 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I've been talking to someone (his name is Dave) who frequents another MB I hang out at. So...take a read and tell me what you think. Maybe we could work on something at the next meeting for this?

-THD

Dave: ...say, you wouldn't be interested in doing a write-up of Celebration for a site *other* than TFN, would you? :)

THD: Such as...your site? :)

Dave: Such as it is :)

THD: If you want...I can give you input to all the members of R2-Detroit and you could get one from me, all of us as a group, or individually (about 11 of us went).

Dave: That would be *excellent* :) particularly given the fact that I can guarantee you quotes and possibly even re-publication in the freep :)

And shortly there after, I got this e-mail:
    Dave P. gave me your email address, and said you might be interested in writing up an account of your experiences at Celebration II for Echo Station's eMag. If you are, let me know. You can take a look at the eMag here: Echo Station

Toryn Farr
    Editor, Echo Station eMag

2. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Sounds like good publicity for us! Let's do it!

M.

3. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Writing...something I'm actually good at!! :) I'd be more than happy to contribute to the report, or proofread it before we send it out.

4. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I'm glad someone is good at this kind of thing...because I'm not. :)

5. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Are you sure you want my warped and distorted input? :)

6. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    A suggestion:

We can all write as much as we want about the overall experience of C2 (not necessarily personal stories) and I can take all of them and form a cohesive story that can touch on all the parts of the event each of us got to. When I say "not personal stories" I mean don't write something like "Hey I met Anthony Daniels at Subway and here's what happened." More like descriptions of events like the costume contest, the various Q and A's, impressions of the crowd in different areas of C2, and maybe the city at large. Compiling and editing text like this is a big part of what I do for a living, and I'd be honored to help put something together that can act as our "group memory." Let's talk about it on or by Saturday and we can go from there. Sound good?

7. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.