main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga A Wroshyr Walking Stick: A Holiday Fic-Gift for KELIA

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Luna_Nightshade, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    Hello all, and KELIA!

The following is for the
    Fourth Annual Winter Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange.

My fic-gift request:

I would like a story in Saga featuring:

1. a special occasion
    2. a misunderstanding that is quickly resolved
    3. an appearance by Yoda

I do not want: any unhappiness

Characters: Any cannon - and please, minimal OC's

No, I can?t believe I wrote Yoda and Chewie? in the same story? and without any angst. If anyone remembers me and my style, fluff is not exactly my thing, so you gave me quite a personal challenge here, KELIA!

Happy holidays! I hope you enjoy.

A Wroshyr Walking Stick

Good relations with the Wookiees, I have?
    Yoda

Long before the Clone Wars or Order 66?indeed, even before Yoda was a Grand Master?Kashyyyk enjoyed the presence of the Jedi.

Kashyyyk had long been important enough to the Temple to have earned the assignment of a Jedi watchman. It was the watchman?s purpose to maintain the planet?s diplomacy and find Force-sensitive children to be trained as the next Jedi. But ultimately the watchman?s purpose was to disappear. Be secretive. Hide. Appear only when needed. Look normal. Blend.

So when the freshly-knighted Jedi?and Watchman?Yoda landed on Kashyyyk, he had been understandably concerned about his chances of success.

But he had been successful in his own way. Kashyyyk had not exploded under his watch. He had been successful enough to become a Master himself, be added to the Council, train hundreds of younglings, and eventually be taken off world permanently in order to lead military campaigns during the Clone Wars.

Yet Kashyyyk was still precious to him. No war would keep Master Yoda from returning for the most important job of his entire year: to assist Father Wroshyr bring some much-needed joy to the young Wookiee children in Kachirho.

//You?re not furry. Father Wroshyr?s helpers are furry, like us. What are you?//

//Meesha!//

Yoda glanced down at a pair of bright eyes peering up at him from behind a heavy fringe of dark hair. It appeared to have once been pulled back in a red bow that now hung limp near her cheek.

The girl?s mother swooped in from the line of Wookiees and their children waiting to spend a moment with Father Wroshyr.

//I am so sorry, Master Yoda.//
    The mother pulled the child tight against her legs. //I don?t know where she gets it.//

?Upset, I am not. Misunderstands, she does,? Yoda smiled. He rocked back against his heels and smiled at the little girl. ?Father Wroshyr?s helper, I am. Old friends, we are.?

Her heavy fur spread to reveal a toothless grin beneath.

//You know Father Wroshyr?!//

//He knows me very well, Miss Meesha.//

Chewbacca came to stand behind Yoda. He smelled sweetly of the wroshyr tree sap oozing from the fresh-cut branches braided into his mane.

It was a great honor to be selected as a town?s Father Wroshyr in the Life Day March to the Tree of Life, and one that Chewbacca never took lightly. It was Father Wroshyr that came down from Korrokrrayyo Mountain every Life Day to renew the life force of the wroshyr forests. It was Father Wroshyr that came every Life Day to bless the Wookiee younglings and bring them gifts from his great workhouse in the wroshyr roots. But most importantly, it was Father Wroshyr that brought with him the souls of Wookiees who had died since the last Life Day so they could share the holiday with their families before he took them away to the Beyond. The war had ensured that there would be many souls visiting this Life Day.

Meesha?s gasped and pulled her paws against her mouth.

//Father Wroshyr!//

With a slight groan, Chewbacca knelt to meet Meesha?s height in the grass. Her eyes were wide as moons as he gently lifted her scruff from her forehead and rearranged it smoothly into the bow.

//Meesha, what do we do for our best friends on Life Day?//

Meesha puffed her chest out so hard she wo

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

But it was good, even if sometimes so very brief, to remember why.

In an already great story, this last line was super good! You should write more like this - heck, just write more! Kelia should love it - I do.

3. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Awww, how sweet! I've always wondered how Yoda got his walking stick or how he had met Wookiees. I love your explanation!

4. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Very sweet and very nice. Good show.

5. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    That was a perfect Christmas story!

6. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    a sweet and perfect fic[:D]=D=[face_dancing]

7. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    A cutesy little story, somehow it causes me to imagine Yoda as a plushie.

8. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was just wonderful!

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

What a beautiful occasion and ceremony you described. It was far better than I could have imagined or hoped for.

And I have to say, I just loved Meesha!

Thank you for a job well done!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

9. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    that was a very sweet story =D= :D
    awesomely done!

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Kashyyyk had not exploded under his watch.
    Always a good sign. :p

Wonderful Christmas story. :)

11. Luna_Nightshade

Luna_Nightshade Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2006
    V_S: Hello there! Thank you! I?m glad to be back. It?s really doing a lot to clear my head after finally finishing school. I forgot there were fun things to do with your laptop other than write your master?s thesis!

SithGirl132: Thanks! I think the walking stick is pretty cool and I wanted to do something fun with it.

MiralukaJedi: Thank you. Sweet isn?t usually my thing so I?m glad it worked.

JediMara77: Thank you! I?m feeling exceptionally Christmasy this year.

earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks! By the way, sweet icon. ;)

Mechalich: Lol, and your comment made me think of the plushie viruses you can buy. I suppose it is a good thing to not always write painful stories and let Yoda be? cuddly?

KELIA: You?re very welcome. I?m glad you enjoyed your present, and I?m glad to see you still kicking it around here.

Maggy: Thank you! Sweet is a new thing for me. Kind of fun.

FelsGoddess: Indeed, always a good sign. Thank you!

Thank you all for coming in and sharing KELIA?s story with me. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, whatever you celebrate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.