main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends A Year in the Life (L/M, holiday fic series) 25 March The Deepest Note is the Cobalt Sky

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JadeLotus, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Sqweeee! I am so happy for them ! It's about time they got their well deserved "kinder surprise";)[face_love] . I am looking forward to read about those seven months with Karrde's crew. Sqweee!Sqweee!:p^:)^[:D]I love this series! I absolutely adore it!

JadeLotus and Nyota's Heart like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUGGGGGGGGGGLES! SQUGGGGGLES! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Oh yum, yum! Scrumptious! Every word! The touching ceremony of remembrance at the Silver Sea. :cool: Luke and Mara's total warmth and playfulness but you know the last scene just topped it off! ^:)^

JadeLotus and Demendora like this.
  3. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    YAY!!!!!!!! The Skywalker baby is here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

There was an overarching sense of tranquility about this one; a nice change from Chrysalis. I loved picturing Chandrila and the ceremony as I was reading.

And then there's this...

:eek: Does she know?!?!?! :amidala:

4. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] I'm ginchy-goo and I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee it. [:D] [:D] And I love how Mara told him. Very much a way she'd tell him.

Now I wonder if Mara was able to keep her hands off him...? [face_mischief]

Gemma, divapilot, JadeLotus and 2 others like this.
  5. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Awwww, I really needed this today! Absolutely lovely!

I really enjoyed the little section with Mon Mothma. Very poignant and perfectly played.

6. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Such a wonderful update! Of course, the biggie - a pregnancy! I hope everything works out in the best of ways.

Other beautiful parts: the ceremony of floating flowers and candles was gorgeous. It kind of made me think of Waterfire, which is an event in Providence where cauldrons of fire illuminate the river. So dramatic. But this is more subtle and more personal.

I loved how Mara felt safe enough to finally mourn her family. She isn't just mourning the death of the parents who loved her, she is mourning her own loss- the loss of traditions and family line, the loss of normalcy, the loss of growing into adulthood guided by loving hands.

Gemma, JadeLotus and Nyota's Heart like this.
  7. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    This so adorable and BTW I loved her dress and how Luke traced the infinity sign on her back over and over. And the pets being cuddled together when they came in was just perfect.

8. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    <insert sing-song voice!> BABIES! BABIES! I LOVE BABIES!!!
    [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing] [face_dancing]
    Yayyyyyy!!!! I love it! I read Chrysalis on AO3, and didn't realize you had posted it on here too (like a doofus). And I'm soooo in love with this story. Chrysalis was just a whole pile of lovely....it really was such an awesome moment, by itself and in the larger story. Have I mentioned I love Luke and Mara? [face_love]

And now this lovely moment! I love Mara's slightly tense interaction with Mon Mothma...almost like a regret, but not...more like the potential for a regret. And I don't know why, but her giving her candle to Mara really touched me. How nice :*

You're amazing!!!!! ^:)^

[face_good_luck] Irish

9. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005

Thank you! I'll do my best :p

[face_laugh] "kinder surprise" I like it! And thank you!

Thank you! I thought Chandrila was the perfect spot for a remembrance ceremony like that.

It seems like such a beautiful planet! And yes the Skybaby has finally made an appearance :D

Maybe...but she's not going to come right out and say it ;)

Not a chance :p And thanks, gal!

Thank you! I love Mon Mothma and her interacting with Mara was really intriguing to me.

Thank you! I know there are various traditions like this with lanterns and other lights, and always think they're so beautiful - a peaceful and personal way to remember the fallen.

It's a great loss, and one that Mara herself doesn't always think about, it wasn't only her childhood that was stolen by the Emperor, but the happiness of her parents as well. It's something quite daunting to accept.

Thank you! They've got their own little family, finally.

Thank you! I really liked exploring the deeper side of Luke and Mara's relationship.

Thanks again! It was nice to write some fluff after the angst! And Mon Mothma's such a gentle soul, I think she saw Mara needed it more than her.

taramidala, ginchy and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    The Deepest Note is the Cobalt Sky

The beach was beautiful, Mara couldn’t deny that. A long, wide stretch of pristine white sand that was warm and soft beneath her feet. Clear blue water lapped gently on the shore and extended out to the horizon, tinged purple and red in places from the coral beneath. The sun beat down on them but it was not unduly harsh, although the warmth it added to her pale skin made the water enticing.

What gave her pause was the people. The beach was littered with them - tourist and locals alike, of all ages and races, some in beach chairs, lying on towels or under umbrellas. Others were walking along the water’s edge, dipping their feet in the tide, lightly splashing each other. Many were swimming, breathing and sight apparatus attached to their faces so they could traverse the reef to view the coral and exotic fish just under the surface.

Even more were clustered around the bar which had been set up halfway down the beach, where the staff were all wide, toothy smiles as they mixed a variety of cocktails loaded with alcohol, ice, and local fruit. Jubilant music emanated from speakers attached to the bar’s roof, and a few danced somewhat out of time with the music, occasionally sloshing their drinks onto the sand.

“Great idea, Farmboy.” Mara surveyed the assorted group of intoxicated patrons from her beach chair. “Bring your pregnant wife to the planet of the drunkards.”

Luke scratched the side of his neck absently. “Come to beautiful Antipodea,the brochure said.Stunning beaches, unique fauna, friendly locals.”

“They’re friendly, alright.” Mara lifted her sunglasses as two scantily clad women stumbled past her, drinks in hand and laughing uncontrollably. “And I thought Tatooine was uncivilized.”

“Relax, Mara,” Luke leaned back in his chair and adjusted his straw hat. “Everyone else is.”

“Everyone else is drunk,” Mara shot back, glancing longingly at the bar where one patron was enjoying a glass of iced whiskey.

“I’m not,” Luke pointed out.

“You can have a drink if you want to,” Mara told him, rubbing the slight curve of her belly. “No need to abstain simply in solidarity.”

“It’s alright.” Luke rested his head back on the chair. “The sun is enough for me.”

Mara wished she could say the same, but she’d never found crowds particularly relaxing. They were useful as a cover, but Karrde had only given then a few day’s leave and she didn’t want to spend it in a group of strangers.

“I’m going to go walk by the water,” Mara declared, hoping to shake the restless feeling.

“Want me to come with you?”

She looked back at Luke in his chair, eyes closed and soaking up the sun like a desert lizard. “No,” she said with a smile. “It’s alright.”

The soft, undulating sand soon turned firm under her feet as she passed through the ridge of beach still damp from the morning tide. She lifted her loose skirt as she reached the water line, the ocean calm and lapping gently around her ankles. Mara took a deep breath and tried to block out the noise around her; shrieks of delight from children as they splashed each other in the surf, the distant sounds of music and revelry from the bar, conversations of couples as they walked along the beach behind her.

Minutes passed and she was unsuccessful, the beauty and peace of the beach and endless ocean before her marred by the crowds. She rubbed her belly again in what had already become habit. Luke had kept his promise, taking a sabbatical from the Academy while she finished up with Karrde’s organisation. Unfortunately the Jade Sabre was in dock for repairs following a skirmish in Hutt Space, and they’d been forced to bunk on the Wild Karrde.

It had been a long time since either of them had been confined to such close quarters, an issue amplified by the seeming inability to find any time to themselves. Luke had commented irritably one night that as much as he liked her crewmates, he didn’t much care for them as an audience. Mara had picked a fight with Aves who’d made one lewd comment too many, and Karrde had ordered them to take a few days furlough.

The experience had solidified her choice to extract herself from Karrde’s organisation - it wasn’t a fit for her anymore. She’d made a promise to Luke to help him at the Academy once the baby was born, but despite still taking pleasure in her trading work she was looking forward to settling down and establishing some roots. Even it it was on that steam terrarium Yavin 4.

Mara turned and made her way back up the beach, thinking perhaps a little sun nap might relax her. But when she reached her chair she found it occupied by a pretty blonde woman, chatting amicably with Luke.

“Ah, Mara.” Luke leaped out of his chair as she approached, guiding her to sit down in his place. “This is Zelia Faraday.”

Mara regarded the woman; pale skin, wavy blonde hair and small button nose that gave her the appearance of cuteness despite likely being in her thirties. She was wearing a bright blue swimsuit which showed off her figure, and a white translucent kaftan with delicate, hand-stitched embroidery.

“We’ve met,” Mara reminded him, and Zelia gave her a broad smile.

“That’s right,” she said, her Coruscanti accent a touch crisper than Mara’s own. “At Rogue Squadron’s Midwinter party. What a coincidence to run into you both again.”

“Is it?” Mara asked coolly, trying and failing to keep her jealousy from flaring.

Luke squeezed her shoulder slightly. “Zelia was just telling me her good news - she’s engaged.”

Mara’s eyebrows shot up in surprise. “Really? Congratulations.”

“Thank you,” Zelia enthused, touching the diamond star hanging from a gold chain around her neck. “This is Crístiôr’s homeworld, and we’ve stopped here to relax for a few days before meeting his family. Ah, there he is now with my drink.” She raised her hand to wave over a tall, broad-shouldered man, with blonde hair and skin tanned by the sun.

“Crís, darling,” Zelia said as he approached and handed her a glass of fizzy wine. “This is-”

“Luke Skywalker!” Crístiôr stepped forward to shake Luke’s hand, pumping it up and down enthusiastically. “It’s a flamin' honour.”

He spoke with a broad accent which matched those of the locals she’d already met. It was similar to one she’d heard long ago, from an aging clone solider from the wars, and had some tonal overlap with the accent of the Pantorans, but Mara had decided that it was still quite unique. If it a little grating.

“Have me met before?” Luke asked as Crístiôr finally let go of his hand. “You seem familiar.”

Crístiôr laughed and slapped Luke on the back. “No, but I feel comfortable saying I know you very well, mate.”

“Stop being coy,” Zelia reached for Crístiôr’s hand and drew him back to her side. “Crís is an actor, Luke. Surely you know about the holothrillers based on your exploits.”

Of course, Mara thought to herself. The accent had thrown her off, but the man before her was indeed the actor in the set of holos she’d bought Luke as a Midwinter gift, and they’d had fun together tearing apart. It was actually quite comical, seeing them next to each other looking nothing alike. Crístiôr was taller and broader, but while he seemed charming enough he didn’t have Luke’s radiance or depth. However Mara conceded that she was biased.

“I’d love to pick your brain, Luke,” Crístiôr said seriously. “Really get inside your head.”

“Darling, I’m sure he doesn’t want to bother with that,” Zelia tugged lightly on his hand. “I know your favourite hobby is to spend all day talking about yourself, but it’s not Luke’s.”

Crístiôr laughed heartily. “That’s why I love this woman,” he flashed them another wide grin. “She gets me.”

Mara had to shield her eyes from the sun to look up at him, trying to reconcile the man in the holos with her flesh and blood husband. “We’ve seen some of your work, Crístiôr,” she said slyly, recalling some of the finer details of the holos they’d watched.

“Call me Crís.” He crouched down in the sand next to Zelia so Mara didn’t have to crane her neck.

“Crís,” she smiled. “It must be a relief to get out of those tight pants they make you wear.”

Luke cleared his throat uncomfortably. “Mara.”

“Nah, that’s alright,” Crís winked at her. “Something we put in to keep the audience happy.”

“Actually, I was going to say that it’s one thing those holos actually get right.”

Crís laughed again, and shook a lazy finger at her. “I like you, luv. Why don’t you tell me what else you enjoyed about my performance.”

“You see.” Zelia smacked him lightly in the arm before turning back to Mara. “Such a glory-hound. You’ve watched the holos, then?”

“Sheer morbid curiosity,” Mara gave a shrug of her shoulders.

“Nothing compared to your exploits of course,” Crís, whose grin appeared to be fixed on his face. “They’re a bit of a lark.”

“I have to say, I was impressed by your fighting style,” Luke said, and Mara could feel his unease lessen. “Mara’s cynical, she thinks it’s all clever editing.”

“Nah, it’s all me, mate.” Crís winked at Mara again. “100%”

“Stop being such a flirt Crís,” Zelia rolled her eyes. “Why don’t you buy Luke a drink and he can give you some advice about Jedi humility.”

Crís laughed again, leaning over to kiss Zelia on the cheek as he stood. “What a good idea.” He turned to Luke, gesturing towards the bar. “These cobbers serve the best beer flight in the system.”

Mara shifted slightly in her seat, and Luke squeezed her shoulder again in comfort - she loved a good craft beer. But she pushed back at him through their bond, urging him to go and enjoy himself.

“Well if that’s the case how can I resist?”

“You won’t be disappointed.” Crís put his arm around Luke and led him towards the bar. “We take beer very seriously here.”

When they were gone Mara turned back to Zelia, who was smiling with no apparent ill will. “I’m glad it’s just us girls,” she said, leaning forward conspiratorially. “We didn’t get a chance to talk at Midwinter.”

“So you do remember.”

“You mean you pulling Luke away for an interlude outside and returning both happy indeed?” She gave a pearly laugh. “How could I forget.”

Mara smirked at the memory. “And now you’re marrying the man who pretends to be Luke for a living.”

“I can see why you would think that.” Zelia’s amusement dipped slightly. “But you can plainly see they could not be more different.”

“What about his co-star?” Mara asked, her thoughts turning to the intimate scenes Crís had shared with the actress playing herself. “Not afraid of life imitating art?”

“No.” Zelia took a sip of her wine with a light shrug. “They can’t stand the sight of each other.”

“I hated Luke once, too,” Mara pointed out.

“Yes, but I suspect not in the same way.” Zelia pulled her sunglasses down her nose and looked over the rims, a gleam in her blue eyes. “Really, Mara, where does this jealousy come from?”

Mara bristled slightly. “What can I say, I’m proprietary.”

Zelia threw her head back and laughed. “Honestly, Mara, Luke and I had a two-week fling three years ago,” she said. “Believe me, I’m not pining over him.” She appraised her thoughtfully, and Mara held the woman’s gaze, not quite ready to back down.

“Loving Luke as you do it must be difficult to image any other woman giving him up,” Zelia added softly. “But some things are meant to be, and so others must be fleeting to make way for fate.”

“If you believe in that sort of thing,” Mara said dryly, not quite ready to admit that the woman was growing on her.

“I do,” Zelia said, warmth exuding from her and Mara didn’t need the Force to know that the woman was genuine. She could see why Luke had found comfort in her years earlier, and for the first time she wondered if Zelia had opened his heart slightly, proving that not all of his romantic entanglements were fated to end in disaster.

“I also want to offer my congratulations,” Zelia added, leaning forward slightly in her chair and dropping her voice. “I see you are expecting.”

Mara was startled, staring dumbly at Zelia for a moment. She was barely showing, and her loose clothing concealed even the slight roundness of her belly.

“How did you know?”

“You’re the only person of age on this beach without a drink in their hand, and based on what I saw at Rogue’s party, you don’t abstain.”

Mara couldn’t help but laugh. “Well, that’s true.”

“Don’t worry,” Zelia assured her, reaching forward to touch her hand. “I won’t tell anyone.”

“Not even your husband to be?” Mara raised one sceptical eyebrow.

“Not if you don’t want me to,” Zelia said seriously. “I grew up in the public eye too, I know how important a bit of privacy is.”[/COLOUR]

Mara waved her hand. “Tell him if you think he can be discreet,” she said, knowing they’d have to make the announcement eventually - perhaps this holiday was their last chance to be truly alone with the knowledge.

“Oh, he can,” Zelia nodded. “Although it will make him very happy - he’ll already start thinking about how he’s going to play it in the holofilm.”

“Right.” Mara sighed. She’d not considered that every progression in their lives and marriage would now be committed to hololoid, through an artistic filter, of course.

“Crís and I want children someday,” Zelia said, her light attitude quivering slightly as she looked down at her wine. “Although I admit the prospect frightens me slightly.”

Mara regarded Zelia curiously, unable to think of any reason a socialite would have such concerns. “Why is that?”

Zelia sighed, toying with her necklace slightly. “I suppose up until this point I've lead a rather...frivolous life, and the thought of someone being wholly dependent on me, their happiness and welfare my complete responsibility, the risk of failing them…” She looked back up at Mara, a sudden anxiety in her expression.

“I know what you mean,” Mara nodded, thinking back to her own misgivings. “I think Luke would say if you want it enough, and for the right reasons, the risk is worth it.”

“But you're the one who has to carry the child,” Zelia pressed. “What do you think?”

Mara gave it a few moment’s thought. Her own childhood had been far from ideal, and she knew better perhaps than anyone else what the wrong treatment could do to someone so young. But she was also proof that such damage was reversible.

“I suppose it’s about trusting yourself,” Mara said. “And not being afraid of hard work.”

“Hard yakka,” Zelia responded with a smile. “That’s what they call it here.”

Mara bit back a laugh. “Of course they do.”

The following day Luke rented a speeder and took her down the coast. Apparently he’d mentioned to Crís her dissatisfaction with the crowds, and had been given directions to a place she might find more palatable.

It was a secluded bay, bracketed by a great rocky bluff on one side and rolling green hills on the other, ending in a steep cliff of black, jutting rocks. They made camp on the narrow strip of sand buffeted by vegetation, looking out over the blue ocean where white-crested waves broke against the rocks in the distance, and petered out on the sand before them.

Mara sat down on the beach, the crashing ocean in her ears and the sun warm on her face as she took in the beautiful vista before her. They were the only souls for a hundred kilometres, their only witnesses the gulls who flew above them and the crustaceans crawling along the sand.

“Oh, Luke.” She reached for his hand, guiding him to sit down beside her. “It’s perfect.”

“It is,” Luke agreed, the sun picking up the blonde in his hair. “Different from anywhere else I’ve ever been.”

Mara nudged him lightly. “I thought you'd be right at home here.”

“It's different,” he said, fingers sifting through the sand. “On Tatooine the sand is baked by eons of harsh sun, but this is the work of the ocean. Look,” he held out a handful. “You can see the tiny pieces of shell and coral, broken down over thousands of years.”

She could see, the sand not homogenous and fine as it had been on the tourist beach, but made up of tiny, coarse granules of brown, white and yellow. Mara looked back out at the waves as they pounded down over and over again, compressing the seabed below. She wiggled her feet into the sand, delighting in the coarseness against her skin.

“How do you know such things?” Mara questioned him. Her own education had been formal and extensive, but thoroughly Core-centric. The beauty of the natural worlds of the galaxy had been considered ancillary and unimportant, and the more she travelled the more Mara realised just how inadequate and insular her upbringing had been.

“I was alone a long time before we were married, Mara,” Luke said dryly. “I read a lot.”

They climbed the bluff, finding a path through the rocks worn smooth by wind and rain and the hardy vegetation which had evolved to withstand both.

“Alright, clever boots,” she said as they climbed, pointing to the oddly shaped outcrop. “Explain.”

Luke shot her a knowing grin, holding out his hand to help her up through a difficult incline. “It’s crystallised granite,” he said. “Forced upward from the planet’s core a millennia ago, the only rock on the coast hard enough to withstand erosion by the elements.”

“Hmmm.” Mara could tell by his words that he planned to turn the phenomena into a Force lesson for his students back at the Academy. “More reading?”

“The guidebook,” Luke admitted with the shrug. “That was the geological explanation at least.”

“Is there another?” Mara searched the incline before her which was covered in smooth rock. She tested the area with one foot before stepping up, Luke following carefully behind her.

“Well, the local legend has it that the coastline was once smooth like the beach further north,” Luke explained, and she felt his steadying hand on her back. “And was home to the Celestial Antipodea.”

“After whom the planet is named, I assume.”

“Right,” Luke nodded, drawing level with her and taking her hand. “He was a bit of a rogue, apparently, exiled by his kin and sent here where there was no sentient life for him to foster. So instead he cultivated the land, intent on making his brothers and sisters so jealous of its beauty they would ask him back. Instead they came to him, bringing colonies of humans and other beings.”

“And he didn’t like that?”

“No - careful of that brush, it’s poisonous - he was afraid that inhabitants would ruin his pristine world. In his frustration, he beat his fists against the coastline here, breaking up the earth’s crust and causing the molten rock to burst upwards from the core. See those boulders?” Luke pointed to the smooth, round rocks that littered the bluff. “They call them Antipodea’s tears - he cried until he was dust, and was blown out to sea.”

“It’s a nice story,” Mara conceded as they continued to climb. “But Celestials again?” she rolled her eyes. “People looking to some great ancient race, trying to connect the universe? It's nonsense.”

“I'm surprised you'd say that,” Luke teased and squeezed her hand. “Given your own recent ah, spiritual experience.”

Mara thought back to the cave on Kaurna - where the locals believed their deity lived. They'd counted back the days, and had determined that's where she'd conceived their child.

“You think the Serpent was a Celestial?”

Luke shrugged. “Maybe.”

Mara waved her hand. “Nonsense,” she said again.

“I once heard the Force called the same,” Luke countered. “Is it really so hard to believe there are things about the universe we don't understand?”

“There are things about you I don't understand,” Mara needled him. “Like why I'm here hiking instead of sunbaking on the beach.”

“Because you'll like this better - look.” They had reached the top of the bluff, the great expanse of ocean before them stretching all the way to the horizon. Their beach was below, curled inward upon itself, concealed by hills and black granite cliffs which stretched onward, forming a wild and jagged coast. The wind was stronger at their vantage point, whistling in her ears although she could still hear the powerful crash of the waves below. Mara looked up at the clear cobalt sky which mirrored the ocean, the bright, hot sun beating down upon them.

“Do you feel it?” Luke asked, arms embracing her from behind, voice soft and low in her ear. “Something you can’t read about in books - something indescribable, that cannot be analysed or quantified. Whether not the Celestials ever really exist outside stories, can’t you feel them just the same?”

He was talking about faith, Mara realised - faith in him, in their bond, to find comfort rather than fear in all that they did not know. It was the same advice she’d given Zelia, although she had not thought of it in those terms; to find strength and resolve within oneself. She leaned back into Luke’s arms, the power and beauty of her surroundings swelling something great inside of her.

“Yes.”

Notes
    "Antipodean" is based on the word antipodes, referring to points which are diametrically opposed, and also a slang term for Australian and New Zealanders.

The title is from the poem The Colours of Light.

Zelia Faraday first appeared in Part 7 of My True Love Gave To Me, and Luke and Mara watch the holofilms in Part 12.

Crístiôr's accent is based on a broad Australian accent - as opposed to a New Zealand accent (Jango Fett/clones) and South African accent (Pantorans).

Inspired in part by a trip I took recently down the south coast:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is who I had in mind for Crístiôr:

[​IMG]

11. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Beautiful scenery here—thanks for showing the photos of the RL inspiration, too. :) Though I can totally see where the presence of lots of wobbly, inebriated beings would, well, put kind of a damper on the atmosphere, and it's nice that Luke and Mara found a quieter, more isolated spot to reflect and be together.

Crís was fun. Even if he is a bit of a blowhard, he's at least a fun, happy-go-lucky blowhard, and you characterized that well. :D Besides just how funny he was, I enjoyed the various meta things you introduced with him: the whole concept of Luke getting to meet the man who plays him on the holo (and indeed that there are holos of his exploits in the later GFFA), the fact that Crís's own fiancée had a fling with the man her current fiancé plays on the holo, and just how completely different those two men are from each other! Of course, that's undoubtedly true of almost all actors playing nonfictional people, even in RL. I have to say, I'm now curious about what he and Luke talked about together over at the bar.

Naturally, I'm massively curious to see how the story Luke tells about Antipodea and the other Celestials will play out in the course of the story. The reference back to the Serpent of Kaurnan lore in Chrysalis was an intriguing one, and how cool would it be if there were some kind of connection between that supernatural world and the one that no doubt will soon be expanded on here! :cool: And given the title, I wonder what the "deep note" will be—whether there will be some kind of sound or music that comes into play later, possibly as an aspect of that supernatural world. :cool: (Will this one be continued, or will it stay a one-shot?)

JadeLotus and Ewok Poet like this.
  12. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    So happy to see another entry in this series, and really enjoyed their trip to a GFFA version of Australia! The celestial story here was as evocative as ever as well. :)

JadeLotus and Findswoman like this.
  13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    I loved, loved this! What a sweet, subtle tribute to your own beautiful homeland!

The funny thing is, I completely guessed who Cris was and visualized the celebrity as that character throughout the story. :)

It's so wonderful for them to get away together. Although meeting up with their friends was great and Mara's talk with Zelia was reassuring and sisterly, the second beach was so much more meaningful. Their connection to each other strengthens, and that in turn strengthens their connection wopith the Force, the universe, and everything else. Perhaps the Celestials have more to do with their fate than they first supposed.

Lovely chapter, beautiful title. I'm so happy to see you've picked this story back up.

14. Demendora

Demendora Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 9, 2010
    Sqweee!Finally un update! I am so happy to see you still working on this story!After watching TFA I feel so heartbroken and lost, that I couldn't even see stories with new canon characters. I am glad people still love old one.
    Well,that was awkward and funny at the same time. Lol. Only Skywalkers being on vacation can bump into Luke's former lover and her fiance, who is actually an actor playing Luke in those holomovies. I still consider this chapter of "My true love gave me" as one of my favorites. Especially NC-17 version,lol. And yeah, I want to know what guys were talking about too. I am glad girls were able to speak honestly about all this situation though. And LM going to more private sector to rest and just to be together. I love it!I love this series!

15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm glad to see this updated! Some really pretty descriptions in this chapter. Cris made me laugh, so funny for Luke to meet the holostar version of himself. And, of course, I just love LM when Mara is preggers.

16. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Oh so, this is some combo of heaven and spring break. By the way this place was introduced, I remembered the first time seeing Bondi Beach on a souvenir coaster and realising how kriffin' crowded if is. Now, if you Aussies really get that wasted, I don't know, but I guess this was more inspired by RL than it may appear to somebody up here.

I loved the cynicism in Luke not liking Karrde's crew members as the audience and Mara's two-word description of Yavin 4.

And then comes...the actor who plays Luke? Knowing that Luke is an INFP, I can only imagine how much Jedi training it takes in order not to be irritated by somebody like Crístiôr coming into your personal space and expressing the desire to get into your brain.

Now, as somebody who is freaked out by the idea of stardom, I found this intriguing for the whole idea of there being three Lukes: the Luke whom his wife, sister, friends and students know, the Luke Crístiôr imagines in his head and, ultimately, the mega-weird tight pants Luke presented to the audience through Crístiôr. Just.too.trippy!

And even then, Luke sees something good in this man and praises his fighting style - even when Mara doesn't, despite the fact that she seemed to be more interested in the flicks ar firsr.

Zelia and Crís are perfect for each other. Intrusive blabbermouths.
    And then, in complete contrast, that lonely beach and the story of granite turning into a story of the planet's founder and then...just...what. Celestials! I guess I will have to read the other story referenced to learn more about the cave and the deity, but I definitely am intrigued!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

17. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    ACK! How did I miss this?!? Space!Australia sounds so prettttty. And the inferior Hemsworth as Movie!Luke? LMAO!! So glad to read another installment. [face_love]

Findswoman and JadeLotus like this.
  18. Irish_Jedi_Jade

Irish_Jedi_Jade Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2007
    OMG OMG OMG I AM SO EXCITED YOU UPDATED!!!! [face_dancing]

Seriously. This is like....110% one of my favorite L/M stories EVER and I never ever want it to end [face_praying] But I loved this chapter (Especially Zelia's little "Jealous Much?" moment...and Mara's response. SO PERFECTLY HER.) I'm so excited to see more preggo Mara and Daddy Luke and....well, pretty much I will love wherever you take this.

[face_love]

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Gorgeous! Gorgeous - I'm like Mara - crowds is not my idea of a vacation especially if you're with Luke [face_laugh] Zelia is a great confidante :) - and I love Mara's eventual ease with her and how she and Luke are with each other - talking about philosophical things and teasing. ;)