main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    Hi All,
    The idea has been thrown around for sometime to have sewing classes for us and the regional FF chapters. Well, the day has finally come. The first ever "Very Beginner's Basic Sewing" Class will be held on Saturday, November 8, 2003 starting around 1pm. Location TBA - will either be at my house, or in Northern NJ depending on response from NJO and MEPA. The class will be fee-based (to pay me as the instructor for my time) and will last for about 4 hours. You will be responsible to provide (or borrow) your own sewing machine, sewing supplies, pattern, fabrics and notions. A complete and detailed list will be forthcoming.

The first class, since it is 'very beginner's basics' we will make a pillow and a pillow cover for that same pillow so you can change the 'look'. I chose a pillow b/c it allows you to get the hang of using a simple pattern, sew straight lines both with a machine and by hand, and b/c the pillow cover will have a basic zipper inserted. All easy enough if you can follow directions and have patience.

This class is strictly for those who have little or no experience sewing! It is first-come first-serve and the limit for this class is 6 people. Just in time to make a Christmas pillow for your mom! :)

Please PM me for your reservation and the fee.

A second class will run in early January, at which time, more advanced classes will also be offered.

soliciting/advertising is against the TOS

2. Khemist_Karla

Khemist_Karla Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2002
    A question for you Jenni....

Will I be able to attend the second one if I don't go to the first one? I'm leaving for vacation on Nov 7th so I can't make the 8th, but would love to attend the second one.

:)

Karla

3. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    The next one will be more advanced. But I will re-run this 'Very Beginner's' class after a session of the more advanced beginner's class. You need to asses what you think you are capable of. This one may be a little too easy for you unless you want a review and a nice pillow to boot! :)

4. -GIMPY-

-GIMPY- Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2003
    I know this might be asking for much, but is there any chance for a class on armour basics and such cause I have to say that is pretty darn interesting. Don't get me wrong I will definitely be up for the advanced sewing thing. I am trying out my wife new sewing machine while she's at work.(he he)

5. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I don't think any of us have the skill for armor making. However, we all know people who do. The best thing to do is to stay tuned here and when I hear of an 'armor party' in the region I'll be sure to post. Most people get their armor already pre formed so all they have to do is rivet it together and trim it down to fit them. :)

What kind of armor are you looking for Dan?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.