main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AA/SDS Stormtrooper armor

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by theGreatSot, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theGreatSot

theGreatSot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    I hope that this doesn't get locked, but the only Stormtrooper armor posts don't seem relevant... Does any one out there own the AA/SDS 'trooper armor or have seen it in person? I realize that it hasn't been for sale for very long, but just wondered what people thought about it. I own a suit of GF armor and wondered what the difference in quality would be. I would love to own a suit of original armor and the AA/SDS armor is the closest thing too it. Any way... just wondered what people thought about it. - Zac

2. -KnightShade-

-KnightShade- Jedi Youngling star 2

May 18, 2004
    There is alot of information about this armor and comparisons on the RPF boards already.
    Rather than duplicating it - I'll suggest heading over and using the search button ;-)

3. theGreatSot

Jul 31, 2005
    Awesome! :D Thanks for the response! I'll head over there. - Zac

4. prop_master

prop_master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    I have seen the armour personally and it is a nice suit.It's made of thick ABS glossy plastic but......it's not from the original moulds so it's not the most accurate.

5. theGreatSot

Jul 31, 2005
    KnightShade - I went over to RPF. Didn't find anything after doing a search...
    prop_master - Thanks for the input. I didn't realize that it wasn't cast from AA's original moulds. That really lowers my opinion of how great it could be. I mean, don't get me wrong, I still think that it would be quite amazing to say that I own a suit of that quality. Although, with the accuracy, I would say that my GF suit is one of the most accurate that I have seen- Zac

6. prop_master

prop_master Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2003
    There is an accurate ANH suit in the making....all will be revealed soon;-)

7. Montorok

Montorok Jedi Youngling

Jul 28, 2005
    I don't own a set but personally I'm aiming to eventually get a TE (Trooper Expert) kit over the SDS. There's some..."politics" in the armor world apparently. Anyway, you could try heading to Sandtrooper.net and ask there. Most people there have the TE or the inaccurate FX kit (like me) and favor the TE set so keep in mind there is some bias towards that set over others. But if you ask about comparisons, I'm sure there's someone there that could help. They probably have a topic about it as well.

8. KevVader

KevVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005
    The TE suit is accurate, but keep in mind, it's an ANH lid with ROTJ armor....it's also a thin form as the originals were......and very expensive. There is another kit out there which looks the shiznit and is 3mm thick ABS and is of similar lineage as the TE. Check out the RPF for details...I ordered my set....[face_dancing]

9. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Keep me posted! :)

10. QueenAmidalaEP1

QueenAmidalaEP1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 15, 2005
    My armor is "white" (i.e.: it's not Dirty/Sandtrooper) and that's all I anyone has ever need to know for me to participate in high level canon 501st events like: C3 opening ceremony, LFL Battlefront II:Digital Life promo, Today Show:The Apprentice/Donald Trump promo.

Sure there are people that can tell you what exactly is right or wrong about each cast of the armor, but you know what, the general public doesn't care if your helmet is a bit to big, all they see is a Stormtrooper.

But if your 501st and want more info check http://www.501stforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1603

There is also comparison photos, etc here: http://web.ukonline.co.uk/bingo275/fanstormsubmen.htm

11. KevVader

KevVader Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2005

....yes, but the oversize lid is but one problem with the FX armor IF someone is seeking an accurate suit.....there are many other details as well.

But you are correct....most people don't care.....However, if you are looking for as accurate as possible (which you may be, as you are inquiring about the SDS armor)then look elsewhere as the FX is far from it....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.