main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV AAAARGGHHH!! Who here is Spoiler Free in the Extreme?

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Apr 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Meaning you won't watch the trailers, go down the action figure aisle, etc?

I was too. I mean I AM too! It is so difficult!

Today I was in Target, and my son runs to the SW stuff and calls me over. Before I knew what I was doing, I look up, and see a big helmet. Still not spoiled, mind you, but that thing was like the cheese in the mousetrap. At first I made my family bring me things that were spoiler free to look at. But soon enough, I found myself going to the endcap and looking for myself!!

I tried to shut my eyes, but in the words of MoronDude, it was Marvelous to see and Horrible at the same time!

I looked, and got out, but not before I was spoiled to:

1. A fact about a character I did not know.
    2. A possible way that a character will look.

I had to come and confess here. Stay away from Galactic Heroes, and don't look at the back of the card!

Is anyone else Spoiler Free? To what degree?

Should I just give up and give in? That's what Lucas want's us to do, right? Why else would he pre-release stuff like this (besides $$$)...

2. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I've so far been almost entirely unspoiled. I have seen a few pictures on the web in different places, one on the cereal box, and I saw 1 sneak preview action figure that was in the wrong isle, but that's about it. I hope to remain that way til the movie is out. Less than 3 months to go now.

3. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    should I just give up and be spoiled? Is what we are trying nonsense?

4. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    For me, I am pretty much as EpIII-spoiled as the average fan who welcomes only MINOR spoilers.
    I do refuse to take out and read my EpIII #1 comic book from its plastic comic bag but have seen 3 random pages from the Dark Horse Comics site that they carefully selected. I still refuse to read or see MAJOR spoilers.
    i.e.- I know about a certain female Jedi and seen images but someone at a site I go to posted a Major Spoiler after I had asked( as a courtesy to casual fans) overly-excited fans there to use links to the spoilers.

EpIII material is almost everywhere now so I don't know how one can really remain "completely Spoiler Free".

I do have the EpIII scrapbook and it contains mainly MINOR stuff but very few MAJOR ones. I did so knowingly because I'll be at CIII drawing some free sketches at the Fan Force Table on my scheduled watch and needed references without resorting to the new Visual Dictionary, which I am told contains mucho spoilers as in past Visual Dictionaries.

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    should I just give up and be spoiled? Is what we are trying nonsense?

A question I've been asking myself the last couple of days. I saw things, things that top the Awesome Meter, things I didn't want to know about. I'm tainted... and if I don't keep succeeding on my Will Saves, I fear I'll fall to the Spoiled Side.

BUT, I think it IS worth it to stay unspoiled, and I'm still trying.

6. GersonSith

GersonSith Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    Nothing in this life worth anything is easy

7. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I agree with GersonSith. I tried to remain as free as possible. But I REALLY wanted to watch the Clone Wars cartoons. I have been collecting all the toys since they started re-releasing them. I realized that this is THE last time something this big for Star Wars will ever come about.

I'm trying to stay as unspoiled for storyline. I try not to read the description on the back of all the figs I bought. Looking at them just makes me wonder why Lucas couldn't have done this for Episode I.

BUT. It's a very noble and difficult task to remain completely unspoiled by May 19th. The payoff will be in your favor though, I think. Because you won't have ANY expectations based on merchandise - only what you take with you.

8. Talon_Wolfe

Apr 8, 2002
    Yes... YES!

Thank you, brothers. I once more am resolved to stay strong! My time of weakness is over.

9. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Yes I agree that the payoff for staying the course of being "as spoiler free as you can get" will be tremendous. Its hard but the reward will be---"more wealth than you can imagine" :D

In regards to seeing the toys and selected images, I probably do have some high expectations because of what i have seen. But at the same time I still expect to be majorly surprised.
    Like BrotherHalo, I have avoided major plotlines and most of the overall plot.

I know I will definitely stay way and avoid the official soundtrack.

10. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    IS EPISODE 3 FRIGGING OUT YET????? THE PAIN!!!!! THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL!!!!!!!!!! MUST SEE REVENGE OF THE EVER-LOVING SITH!!!!!!!!

IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???
    IS IT OUT YET???

IS IT OUT YET???

11. Darth_Tofu

Darth_Tofu Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2002
    I just try to remind myself that you only get to see the movie once without knowing what's going to happen. Not to build it up too much...

I feel like I'm going into the theater how anyone who is not obsessed with star wars would see it. Ive seen two trailers, I've bought some of the food, and I shield my eyes and throw things at people who try to spoil me more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.