main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Aaahhhhhhh CHEWBACA!!! What a WOOKIE!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Entropy, Apr 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Hey all, for those of you who haven't been watching any of the other boards. I'm reposting one Jerri put up earlier on the Jacksonville board. :)

"I thought all of ya'll would be interested to know the Chewie is back for Epi. 3. That's right everyone. For all of you wookie lovers, we get to see the mighty Chewbacca doing his stuff on the big screen again. I received the scoop straight from the source, but here is the info. that is posted on the starwars.com web site......

Classic Characters Return For Epi.lll.......
    Epi.lll, which is now in the pre-production stage, will connect the SW saga by bridging the prequel trilogy to the original trilogy.

Returning actors from the original trilogy are: Peter Mayhew as Chewbacca the mighty Wookie, Kenny Baker as R2-D2, & Anthony Daniels as C-3PO.

Peter Mayhew says, "I'm delighted to return as Chewbacca. I think his re-appearance in this film is a fitting way to tie the whole saga together, especially for Wookie fans". Given that Chewbacca is a sprightly 200 years old in Epi.lV, he is more than old enough to fit into the prequel timeline.

Anthony Daniels has played C-3PO in all of the SW movies, either inside the golden rod or lending his voice for 3PO. R2 has continued to become more & more automated since the beginning of Epi.lV. However, it has been a SW tradition for Kenny Baker to be included as the heroic R2-D2 at some point during the movie. Director George Lucus has said that having Baker inside the suit has brought "an element of humanity" to the classic character."

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Whats funny to me is this is exactly what we were asking Peter Saturday night. He was being a bit evasive about the question, saying he wasnt really sure, it was up to Lucas, so I am curious if he knew then, or found out later. From everything I am gathering from Jerri, it sounds like he didnt find out until after that night, but its still funny how we were JUST asking him this! TOO COOL! I am looking forward to seeing my favorite wookiee back on screen!

3. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I'm pretty sure that he did. Like I said, he seemed a bit evasive. Not that I blame him, I'm sure Lucas wouldn't have been too happy with him if he went off blabbing to every fanboy who asked him about it. :)

4. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I guess he knew for about a week. He told Don too, they just weren't allowed to tell anyone till an official release.

5. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    Maybe that was a CLONE of Peter Mayhew...

6. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    I just know that this is soooooo awsome! I am really happy for Peter & Angie. Angie is soooooo lucky. I'm sure she will probably be able to go w/Chewie for the filming. I can't wait to see Chewie back on the big screen! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.