Aaargh! The Complaining Thread.

Discussion in 'Memphis, TN' started by rhonderoo, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    It's 4:48 pm in the afternoon and I have to print out 100 nametags with a largely sky blue background graphic. Of course the !@#$ing HP color laser needs its Cyan Cartridge replaced first.

[face_plain]

[face_plain]

2. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'm due to quit my job in one week, but as if to give me a frickin' hint, they have scheduled me past my quitting date. WHAT?! Do they actually expect me to continue working there even though I'm moving 87 FREAKING MILES AWAY?!?!?! With a new job already waiting for me?!?!?!?!

I OH SO THINK NOT!!!

And not only that, they gave me next weekend off so I can have a weekend to myself. But they still scheduled me to work those days I requested off. Now I know that once they say I can have days off, it's set in stone. But I feel as if I have been blatantly disrespected. I'm not working those days. What are they gonna do, fire me? Psh.

My hearing is half shot, my back and knees are on the verge of early arthritis, I nearly broke my arm the other day when a truck tire fell from it's rack and slammed my arm against a bar, and as always I'm freaking BROKE. $8/hr still isn't enough to make ends meet. I come home exhausted only to have to get up at 5:30 the next morning to do it all over again. And I cannot count how many times a day I want to look my customers straight in the eye and tell them exactly where they can shove their special order tires and their distaste for Wal-Mart policy.

Oh, and if I have to move one more time, I'm going to go on a spree of mass carnage and distruction. This is getting so old.

*deep breath* Wow, I feel better. [face_beatup]

-Darth Grace [face_skull]
  3. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    Crap, it's time for me to start work.

Gotta run.

Lin
  4. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    We got a new KOTOR game.

And it's an MMO rather than KOTOR 3.

Oh, and remember Revan? The guy you played in KOTOR 1? Who the Exile went to find at the end of KOTOR 2? How you thought KOTOR 3 would be about him and the Exile in Unknown Space? A throwaway sentence on the game website covers it (Revan never came back).

Thanks a lot, George [face_plain]
  5. TNPredsFan Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm really surprised that they mentioned Revan at all. The MMO is jumping ahead 300 years from KotOR I, so they had plenty of room to finish Revan's story. I noticed that the website didn't mention the Exile at all.

I hope the 300-year jump will keep the comics safe. That would irritate me.
  6. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    I'm walking around my office with no shoes on.

Apparently someone's dog left a present on our lawn this morning. And, of course, like all tennis shoes and their multitude of deep crevaces in the sole, I can't clean them up well without a water hose and some tools.

I swear if I knew whose dog it was, I'd go poop on their lawn to see how they like it.

I seriously considering going out at lunch and buying new shoes. It's that bad.
  7. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    Aren't they set before the games? If so, they should be fine.

[face_sick]

This is why I try and pick shoes that are as smooth soled as possible.
  8. TNPredsFan Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, but it makes me nervous.

9. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    My garbage can is teeming over the brim, and yet I still have used piddle pads that I need to dispose of. ARG!! [face_beatup]

10. JD Jedi Jedi Master

star 3

Ice-Cream anyone?

<EDIT>
    I never knew we had a "National Measurements Institute". I'm picture a queue of young guys with huge cars all queing up in one door ....... and coming out disappointed from the other.
  11. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Ewwwww! That's right up there with "two girls, one cup"! Haven't those folks seen the movie Waiting? Don't they know better than to send anything back after complaining loudly?
  12. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Forgive me, but I gotta gripe about this:

After having the cops show up twice to shut down Drive-In nights, I did some checking of our County ordinances regarding noise regulations. Apparently we're supposed to be done by 11 pm, but these regulations under the section regarding the playing of radios, phonographs, etc. says that these regultions shall not be construed to interfere with activities of a politcal or commercial nature.

That being said, I'm forming the Party Political Party. There. We're now a political party, and our events shall support our candidates when we get around to having some.

Or, we could just go under their exemption section which states that none of the terms or prohibitions shall apply or be enforced against... "the reasonable use of amplifiers or loudspeakers in the course of public addresses which are noncommercial in character".

Also, there isn't crap in the code that exempts the Memphis Motorsports Park from the massive amount of noise it creates. Next time they race until midnight I'll call the cops on their redneck butts. If these ordinances are applicable to events I hold, then it applies to them, too.

They don't want to argue with an anal-retentive crazy person who can research the crap out of stuff.
  13. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    I can just see a crowd of pissed off rednecks carrying pitchforks and torches marching on the Brown household. [face_laugh]
  14. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    If they burn down my house, they'll be doing me a tremendous favor. :p

Anyway, they have to be able to read the police report in order to find me.
  15. Jedi Trace SouthEast RSA

Manager
    star 6
    Ugh. I don't like this time change. Do we still need Daylight Savings? Really?
  16. rhonderoo Former Head Admin

star 9
    It's dark when I come home now. [face_plain]
  17. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Can't we just fall back a half hour and call it quits? Going home in the dark sucks big time.
  18. Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist

VIP
    star 4
    I know. Kev and I drove out to the haunt to pick up his Ectomobile after work and swinging by the comic shop, and when we got back to his place it was pitch black. I felt like it was 10pm or so and it was only a quarter after 7! I-)
  19. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    My foot is itching. And after scratching every millimetre of skin, it's still driving me mad.

Where's my meat cleaver? :mad:
  20. JD Jedi Jedi Master

star 3
    Have you read that Stphen King short story about the drug runner who crashes and ends up on a desert island?

He.....HAD.. a sore foot too.......
  21. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    I have actually.

"Tastes like pork!"
  22. StarBlazerM31 Jedi Knight

star 2
    This is nuts! It's been over a week, and we're STILL making trips back to Memphis to pick up crap from our apartment. When did we ever have so much stuff?! I smell a yardsale coming on. Anyone want to drive to Henderson for an awesome yardsale, let me know. I will have Star Wars stuff.

Also...there are too many freaking WoW patches!! And one just refuses to work! I just paid for this crap, dangit, it had better work! Gah!

23. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    Help! I'm being bombarded with Christmas ads everywhere I go. No matter where I go I'm not safe. They're on TV, on the radio, on the internet in pop-up flash ads, and even in my inbox.

I know that retailers are desperate this year, but... dayum! They're making me strongly consider atheism this holiday season.
  24. Commander Antilles Force Ghost

star 6
    Is it wrong to fantasise about killing neighbours who stamp around like elephants at all hours?
  25. Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    If they're upstairs neighbours... No. It's perfectly OK. I think it's permitted under the Geneva Convention.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.