main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

aargh - so annoyed with myself

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by spike_thmid, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Just been informed that I won't be getting an interview for a job I applied for because I didn't impress enough on the application form :mad:

It's my own stupid fault, I have every single box ticked on what they want - in fact they are about 3 years behind in terms of set-up from where I am working now (and I've been here for 5 years) I could do the job blinfolded but I didn't stress that on the online application form (which was badly set out).

I am so so so angry :mad: :mad: it was more money & half the distance to travel and it was with another local authority so I could transfer my pension, holidays etc

aaaaarrrrrgghhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad:

2. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
  3. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    :( Gutted for ya mate. But, as me dad always told me, you gotta practically sell yourself when it comes to applications.

4. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    [:D]

I applied for a couple of payroll jobs a couple of years ago. I have experience, but no piece of paper to say I'm qualified. Next stop, job agency for me, as that's worked for all the other office cashiers at Woolies. And job agencies apparently love Woolies cashiers. Good news for me!

5. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    thanks guys :)

I'm not use to filling in those type of online applications - I'll just put it down to life experience.

but when it comes to interviews I tend to nail them !! even though I am the shy & reclusive type [face_blush] as you have all come to know :)

just gutted I've messed up the chance to show them what they are missing, my philosophy is - if I don't get the job then it's not the sort of place I'd want to work anyway. Because if an employeer doesn't have the fore-sight to employ me then what sort of company are they !?!?

but not to even get the chance [face_frustrated]

6. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Sorry to hear it matey But Welcome to my world .:_|

Theres plenty of work out there Im sure you will find the right out [face_dancing]

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    :( Meh Chris.
    I had to do one of those online applications a while back, it stored it funny, so I had to do it again. Just had my first interview this week on Tuesday, and first rejection! Was down to last four, one lad had a little more experience in database management than the rsy of us, so it went to him. No worries, on to the next :D

8. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    its fate telling you to be patient - there is something better out there waiting for you...chin up dude....everything happens for a reson I believe...:cool:

9. Tethys

Tethys Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 2005
    My friend Sam (remember him) was stuck in the same job for 5 years since he left Uni which got steadily worse as he stayed there (he's a VB wiz) and the pay was poor. But he didn't really have a view of what was out there. After much nagging from me (shock!) he decided to apply for a job he'd seen advertised but sent me his CV and app form to have a check through beforehand - and got the job - yey! He would likely have got it anyway without the extra checks from me, as he is so good, but I always think its a good idea for you to get a second or even third opinion on these things before sending them off - I 'm fairly sure even online app forms let you save as you go along so they could be shown on screen. Pref someone who has experience of actually having successful CVs/and possibly even a background in the type of job you are looking for.

10. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    this is great philosophy! i also apply that to men who reject me :p

anyway, i hate it when that happens. i usually need to get to the interview as well, and so far i've nearly always got lucky with the companies as i think my applications are really crap. but when i black out at the interview, it's really bad. the last time that happened i was late for the interview. it's NEVER happened again.

do file it under life experiences. :)

11. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Spike - come to the CV daddy! Send it my way anytime...recruitment is my job. ;-)

12. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    I'm quite pleased with my CV - if I do say so myself [face_mischief] it was just the damn application form :mad: after speaking with their HR department I think they were expecting an essay !!

Jase, you don't deal with engineering/construction do you [face_praying] if so I am looking for a position within land/building surveying :D

13. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Funnily enough....PM me!

14. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
    you have been PM'ed Jase

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.