main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aayla: alive or dead?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Jun 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004

So sudenly that being uber cool gived you character? o_O As opposed to a personality, a history (well yes Maul has that, but it's not nearly as interesting), and motives? I think just the fact that Dooku was Qui-Gon's master, and Yoda's Apprentice makes his character infinately above and beyond Maul's. As opposed to someone who has just been brainwashed from birth to hate the Jedi, he turned his back on an order that had raised him from childhood, and went completely gainst their teachings, and ended up even going to war on them.

2. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    Dooku was a master-planner and manipulator. Maul was just an assasin (although cooler to watch).

I believe the death of Maul made Palpatine realize he needed a different type of apprentice. Enter Dooku.

3. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004
    Yep, goodbye cold-blooded, heartless killer and hello to esteemed, old gentlemen.

4. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    The point is that Dooku had a character of depth, while Maul didn't. That's the real problem.

Plus Dooku needed to be charasmatic rather than intimidating in order to gather the Seperatists. I just can not see Maul doing that. Even if he had a deeper character. he's just too scary looking. For thesame reason it seems a bit awkward in ROTS that the responsibility of leaing the CIS falls onto the very wide shoulders of Grievous. you can tell that he'd need helps soon to keep the CIS together. Even in that one meeting their trust in him was crumbling.

5. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Personally, I think people who only know her from the movies dismiss her as cleavage with a lightsaber, but those who read the comics or take some time to research her a little beyond the films come to learn she's a nicely complex character with an interesting history.

No big deal, Hugh_Jass (cute name btw). Just trying to clear up the Aayla pigmentation debate for ya ;)

6. Mythra

Mythra Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Hey, what's wrong with cleavage with a lightsaber? [face_dancing]

:D

7. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    I will never diss Aayla. By far one of my favorite Jedi. I enjoy seeing her in animated and drawn form, too.

8. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Nothing wrong with it at all, Mythra, just saying there's more to her than that :D ;)

She's a fave of mine too, Alanikan. People just don't give her enough credit.

9. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    No one got my SS joke. Ah, well.

10. a_dune_sea_vacation

a_dune_sea_vacation Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2005
    She's dead... unless she was faking a seizure.

11. Sebulba_Wins

Sebulba_Wins Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Yeah I can easily see him leading the CIS. I really have trouble understanding why they followed Dooku. He didn't take an active role in fighting the Jedi and Clones at the end of the Arena fight. He ran away when things started to go poorly. This was just his first day on the job. I'm surprised they didn't just put Nute Gunray or someone else in charge after the pathetic leadership Dooku showed.

12. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Once she was shot once she fell then the clones shot her continusly all the clones many many many times. They just kept shottoing her body . I mean unless you ould come back alive after being shot like 50 times then she's dead.

13. Durnar

Durnar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2004
    As a rule, leaders surviving is more important than leaders fighting.
    Maul could not have led the CIS. He has no subtlety, charisma or intelligence. He just kills. Dooku understands diplomacy and intrigue.
    And look at it this way, if Mual went to fight on Geonosis, hed have died. He got punked by 1 Master and 1 apprentice. Having to face most of the council as well as tons of other Jedi and clones would make him street pizza.
    AND, whats this about Dookus first day on the job being Geonosis? He was the public head of the CIS for over 2 years before Geonosis, and behind the scenes for even longer. He just understood the importance on not dying, rather than fighting a losing battle.

14. NobleIthorian

NobleIthorian Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    I thought Amy was already asked to be in the TV show?

And for all you know, all the scenes of the Jedi dying were Yoda's visions, he could have been wrong.

15. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Yeah. Um. Being the leader of a nation means that you need to be able to lead. Not fight. You can't lead if your dead. Plus you will not attract support if your intimidating, or try to scare people into joining you.

16. Tyrantus

Tyrantus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 10, 2004

And for all you know, all the scenes of the Jedi dying were Yoda's visions, he could have been wrong.

Nope, that interview was later found out to be false. Her characters dead, accept it. As for Yoda's visions, that is not true. Those were real, all the Order 66 scenes were. He felt a tremor in the Force as those killings were going on though.

17. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    Aayla's definitely dead. Her death scene would be cheapened, and I would be offended, if she was revealed to be alive.

As for Quinlan Vos, who knows? The only representation of Sith in which he is killed is the comic (well, and the illustrated screenplay), but even then he was only seen on top of an exploding tank, and seeing as though this wasn't actually shown in the film...

[face_mischief]

18. Luxor-Three

Luxor-Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    What happened to Lumiya and Bariss?

19. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    Did you mean Luminara? :confused:

They're both dead. Luminara got killed on Kashyyyk and Barriss snuffed it on Felucia. Bummer.

20. Luxor-Three

Luxor-Three Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2001
    yes, I meant Luminara.......

21. ThrawnRocks

Apr 10, 2004
    Lumiya is slive and will be featured in the upcoming LotF series.

22. seeker_two

seeker_two Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2003

Nope, that interview was later found out to be false. Her characters dead, accept it. As for Yoda's visions, that is not true. Those were real, all the Order 66 scenes were. He felt a tremor in the Force as those killings were going on though.

Just because Amy Allen may play a role in the TV series doesn't mean she would be playing Aayla...

Just look at STAR TREK. How many actors there have played multiple roles in the series (i.e. James Cromwell, Jeffery Combs, J.G. Hertzler, etc.)?

I hope they bring back a lot of the SW actors in different roles. Imagine Amy Allen as Bria Therren....or Carrie Fisher as Vima daBoda...or Harrison Ford as Garm bel Iblis... :D

23. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Yeah Amy Allen could be in the TV series but she won't be Aayla.

24. Dark_Guardian

Dark_Guardian Jedi Master star 2

Apr 11, 2004
    She might be dead, but...

What about force-zombies? [face_mischief]

25. james_hewlett

james_hewlett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2004
    That would be very interesting and cool. If the series was to show the building of the rebelion it'd be awesome to see Bria, as well as all the other early rebel characters from the EU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.