Aayla costume

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by goldbubbly, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Commander-DWH
  1. Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff

VIP
    star 3
    Looking forward to hearing the details!
  2. Domina_Tagge Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi! I have never posted in this forum (I have been on the fanfic boards for quite a while), but I am also planning an Aayla Secura costume for Halloween. She's one of my favorites from AOTC. I did the packaged Queen Amidala deluxe costume two years ago, and it was a huge hit. Last year, I did my own Galadriel costume from LOTR, and that also worked out really well. This year, I mostly decided I wanted a lightsaber! ;)

My husband had the bright idea of stuffing small pantyhose with polyester batting to make the head-tails, and hair-spray them the right shade of blue. I tried it with plain tights & batting, and with a little suspension of disbelief, it looked really good. (one tip, don't use control top pantyhose! my head was squeezed way too tight! lol!) Then I will wrap brown fabric or maybe leather scraps (I'll see what I can find) to mask the join between the pantyhose and the makeup on my forehead. It might be tricky to match the hair spray color and the makeup color.

I might wear one of the packaged "Jedi Knight" costumes for the party, because I don't want to paint my entire upper body blue. Hands, face, and neck will be quite enough without the midriff! I will go to thrift stores to see if I can find a brown top & pants that I could get makeup on without any guilt. Then I might just go for it, and hope it isn't too cold on Halloween night.

I'm just beginning to get into costuming, but anyone who wants to try any of these ideas is welcome to them!

[edited]

Good luck with your costumes everyone!
  3. Sithwitch_13 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Okay, I was redirected here...
    Does anyone know a good brand of body paint I could use or if I could use another type of paint (tempera, etc)?
  4. Jaina_S_Fel Jedi Knight

star 2
    Go here: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7309831

Sorry, I don't know how to do that link thing.
  5. JediToren Jedi Master

star 4
    Jaina_S_Fel: There is a link underneath the Body field of the post reply form that links to Markup Codes. That explains how to do links, images, italics, bold, underlined, etc.
  6. Domina_Tagge Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, thank you for the info, Jaina. I think I might try to get the Ben Nye Magic Cake make-up mentioned in the other thread. Does anyone know how the color blending works with that blend?

The trick is going to be getting the tights to an acceptable shade of blue. I hope I find the right color blue tights when I go shopping tonight. I'm going to do the soft-sculpture thing with the tights & stuffing, so that should work out OK; I've done a trial run with my old nylons and some pins and it looks great, though the wrong color. My husband thought I'd completely lost it, hehe.

Thanks again!
Moderators: Commander-DWH
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.