main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aayla Secura Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Undisclosed, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    [image=http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/94/81/46m.jpg]
    Just thought I'd throw in a quick word to say a happy belated birthday to Amy Allen (Aayla Secura in AOTC) who celebrated her 28th birthday on Friday! Happy Birthday Amy!

Picture Courtesy of IMDB

2. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    D'oh! Sorry about the picture....
    How do you alter the size?

3. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Edit it in paint? :confused:

4. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    I always though Amy Allen's birthday was on October 24, since she's a Scorpio...
    (I could be wrong tough.)

5. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    I suppose you could certainly be right GodofDeath (you are a sort of expert on Amy!) but I only thought her birthday was September 24th because it says so on the Internet Movie Database page for her (see that here) but then again the IMDb has been wrong before....

EDIT: I just did an internet search and from the initial results it seems as though her birthday is in fact OCTOBER 24TH....Damn IMDB!

:oops: *runs off and hides*

6. GodofDeath

Feb 15, 2003
    The Starwars.com Hyperspace Daily Star Wars Webstrip starts next week.

One of the stories will be "Reversal of Fortune", written by Paul Ens with art by Thomas Hodges it will feature Aayla Secura in a Clone Wars era adventure:
    The Jedi Council believes it can end the war by removing the Separatist leadership. They send Barriss Offee, Aayla Secura and Stass Allie to capture Commerce Guild leader Shu Mai. But General Grievous will remain one step ahead of the Jedi and has plans of his own.

(The Daily Star Wars Webstrip will only be available to Hyperspace members.)

7. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    I don't have Hyperspace but thats some pretty cool news. I wonder if they will be released some other way in the future?
    Oh well at lest we can be sure that she doesn't die in the comics as she is confirmed to be in Episode III and all...Not so confident she won't die a really stupid death there though!

P.S I heard there will be a new EU character in ROTS. I wonder (and hope) if its Quinlan?
    That would be pretty damn awesome!

8. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    Quinlan was in TPM.

So far it's very likely the EU character is K'krukh.

9. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    Yes but as I understand it. The creators saw this guy in the back of a scene in the TPM and decided to draw the character like him...

And forgive my ignorance but who exactly is K'krukh?

10. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    He's a Whiphid. He has appeared in several comics, last one Republic #63. And he was also in the last chapter of the cartoons.

11. GodofDeath

Feb 15, 2003
  12. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    He's a Whiphid. He has appeared in several comics, last one Republic #63. And he was also in the last chapter of the cartoons.[i/]

Thanks for that.
    In fact I just re-read Volume One of the comic Clone Wars and there he was! Somehow I missed his name the first time round....
    So he's going to be in the movie is he?

13. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Nice sketches!

14. Jort

Jort Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 2, 2004
    So he's going to be in the movie is he?

It's likely, but we're not sure yet.

15. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    From the official site.....

Two of the most deadly challenges faced by Aayla Secura in recent years have been the Anzati and the Morgukai. The Anzati assassins are a vampiric species of centuries-old killers. The Morgukai were a fanatical cult of Nikto warriors whose strength and tenacity made them dangerous adversaries to even trained Jedi. She survived both threats intact, but now, the two have joined forces.

The Separatists are employing Morgukai in large numbers, trained by Anzati masters working for Count Dooku. Together, Master Tholme and Aayla Secura have uncovered this plot, but can they disrupt it before it's too late?

Find out in Star Wars: Republic #73, by Jon Ostrander, Jan Duursema and Dan Parsons, featuring cover art by David Michael Beck. This issue is scheduled for release on January 26.

Sounds pretty cool...

16. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Great. More of them Morgukai punks :p Now, even more Anzati? *ulp*

Thanks for the scoop! It sounds great. Of course, its cool that they had Aayla be more key in the behind the scenes of the great big Clone Wars.

:D

17. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    Glad I could help kampilan!
    Hey aren't you the one that likes Pepsi Blue?
    I really liked that before they stopped making it here in New Zealand (apparently it was a limited release anyway) but do they still have it in America?

18. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Yeah, that'd be me alright, Kiwi. I'm one of the few who did enjoy drinking Pepsi Blue and I still see it at some stores here in the US (mainly the Dollar/99 cent Stores). I think they are units that didn't sell out at the major stores. No convenience stores, Gas Stations, or major grocery stores carry it.

Anyway, welcome to the Aayla Thread. Hope to see at the Revenge of the Sith Aayla Thread too. Right now not too many of us want to get "spoiled" on the new movie so we stay away.

Do you all think Aayla will make an appearance in any of the EPIII:ROTS trailers? Maybe not the teaser one that's coming out soon but possibly the regular trailers?

19. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    Aayla look hot in Dark Horse Republic #68

20. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    Do you all think Aayla will make an appearance in any of the EPIII:ROTS trailers? Maybe not the teaser one that's coming out soon but possibly the regular trailers?

I don't see it being very likely but if we do it'll probably be one of those blink and you'll miss her moments....
    My fear at the moment is that she'll be killed off in some random Jedi death without any meaning at all!
    I want Jan and John to decide her fate but as they have both said...it's not up to them!

Anyways last month I posted saying Happy Birthday to Amy Allen as the IMDB said that her birthday was on September 24th but it seems as though her actual birthday was on October 24th so happy birthday Amy!

I really hope this is her actual birthday....

21. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    Yes I seem to recall Amy Allen's birthday about the same week as Jan Duursema's birthday (how cool is that?) and being a Scorpio myself (November) its also pretty nice, that.

I don't think we'll see Aayla in the teaser but maybe in one of the regular ones because I believe we will get a glimpse of the world she and her Clonetrooper squad is in.

I also would very much like to see Aayla's destiny concluded in the pages of Republic...as well as my other favorite Jedi like A'Sharad, Zao, etc.

That would be great to see Quin in EpIII and his current questionable Dark Jedi status would definitely add to the theme of the movie but it would be seem too complicated to bring his character in the movie now. Better to read about his destiny in Republic as well I think!

22. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    If we assume the worst, and that is of course that Aayla dies in Revenge of the Sith what is it the way you would most like her story to be continued?

1. "The Death of Aayla Secura" - As we will likely see a brief shot of her death in the movie this would be a story up to the point she dies, showing how she got there etc....

2. "Aayla in the Clone Wars" - Untold stories of Aayla in the Clone Wars

3. "After Aayla" - The legacy of Aayla lives on with a story about perhaps her children (?) or family

4. "Aayla: Apprentice" - More stories about Aayla's Jedi training with Quinlan set before the events in "Twilight"

5. "Bring Me to Life" - Even if Aayla dies there could be some strange way for her to be brought back to life...Would you want this to happen....?

23. kampilan

May 18, 2002
    2. Aayla in untold Clone Wars stories
    4. Aayla as a padawan stories

Like Jan says, we must remember how the Jedi lived, not how they died. :)

(Oh, and sorry about Sen. Kerry's defeat. I voted for Pres. Bush btw all the way! Now its time for all Americans to unite together and support the unanimous candiate that won. No more division please! I actually want all the actors, bands, singers, biased newsfolk, comic book creators, etc that demonized the Bush Admin to come out and formally apologize to them publicly) ;)

24. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    Oh, and sorry about Sen. Kerry's defeat. I voted for Pres. Bush btw all the way!

Yeah its a real shame I couldn't vote (not being an American and all) as I cared more for the result of this election than any in NZ. Kerry seemed like such a nice and good guy from all the news I watched (I watched a lot of World News Tonight which plays here on late night TV, I believe its on the ABC channel in the USA). The funny thing about this whole election thing is although it was pretty much 50/50 in America studies had apparently shown that in most of the rest of the world a large percent wanted Kerry to win and about 80% of people of New Zealanders surveyed also wanted him to win....

Now its time for all Americans to unite together and support the unanimous candiate that won. No more division please!

Yeah thats the main thing now. I hope that Bush can unite the American people again. But anyways enough about the election! [face_peace]

2. Aayla in untold Clone Wars stories
    4. Aayla as a padawan stories
    Like Jan says, we must remember how the Jedi lived, not how they died

Yeah thats pretty much what I wanted to see although I really want to see the story of how she dies as well. But Aayla: Apprentice would be really cool.

25. kiwi_jedi

kiwi_jedi Jedi Youngling

Aug 29, 2004
    Hey everyone here's a preview of the February 2005 comics from Dark Horse featuring our fave Jedi...Aayla Secura

STAR WARS: REPUBLIC #74

Writer: John Ostrander
    Penciller and Cover Artist: Jan Duursema
    Inker: Dan Parsons
    Colorist: Brad Anderson

The final arc in Republic before Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith! The events in this story will tie directly into the film!

The Outer Rim Sieges have begun, and Jedi Master Oppo Rancisis leads the Republic forces in a desperate drive against a new and major Separatist threat on the planet Saleucami. Aayla Secura and her army must punch through the Separatist fleet to bring re-enforcements and much needed supplies. On the surface of the planet-and beneath it-battles rage, and betrayal simmers! The Dark Jedi Sora Bulq has allies ... and one may be among the Jedi themselves!

Pub. Date: February 23, 2005
    Format: Full color, 32 pages
    Price: $2.99

Sounds intresting and Aayla does in fact die in Episode III it's also possibly one of her final adventures....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.