main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aayla Secura Fan Club...

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by kampilan, Oct 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MidnightRain

MidnightRain Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2003
    I haven't seen the second season of CW yet. [face_plain] (I wish it was coming out on DVD sooner.) So I'm still hopelessly mispronouncing her name. I've been saying it "Aye-al-uh" for years now. I don't even try with Asajj Ventress's first name. To me she's just Ventress.

2. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    I met Amy Allen at a local convention once, well not so much meet as I said "hi" as I passed her at a signing booth, only had 20 bucks so I got Dave Prowses autograph instead.

-The Scummy-

3. DarkHorseXIII

DarkHorseXIII Jedi Master star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    ^ You only had 20, bucks? Did you have to pay fr autographs?

I have no idea when CW season 2 will be out... I wish they woudl do it before ROTS DVD.. so I could be tied over.

4. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    Yes! My thoughts exactly! I'm going into withdrawal here. [face_worried]

5. DarkHorseXIII

Jul 24, 2005
    It has been out since what March? Ample time to put together a DVD...

6. Darth_Snuggle

Darth_Snuggle Jedi Master star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    I think it's coming out around the same time as the RotS dvd, but I'm not positive. I believe there's a post somewhere on the SW Films section about release dates.

From what I read abot the RotS dvd, they're not putting the Set Diary reports on it, so no "Aayla Secura: An Expanded Role" segment for us non-Hyperspace members :(

7. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Yeah, had to pay, and I have more but the rest was for a signed DVD of "Saving Star Wars" a really funny movie.

-The Scummy-

8. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    Darth_Snuggle posted on 7/27/05 9:03pm
    I [i]think[/i] it's coming out around the same time as the RotS dvd, but I'm not positive. I believe there's a post somewhere on the SW Films section about release dates.

From what I read abot the RotS dvd, they're not putting the Set Diary reports on it, so no "Aayla Secura: An Expanded Role" segment for us non-Hyperspace members [face_sad]
    [hr][/blockquote]

Really!?

[face_angry] [face_angry] I'm going to be very let down if I don't see some damn good extras on this DVD. [face_angry] [face_angry]

And I believe you're right, about the Clone Wars, season II. Though, I still think they should release the [i]entire[/i] Clone Wars series on one DVD. :D

~Vassago

9. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Yeah, I'd prefer the Clone Wars seasons on a single disc, too (especially considering the first season's episodes were so short). But by splitting them up, they can get more of our money - a shrewd, if irritating, business practice ;)

As I heard it, the RotS dvd will have 15 of the 18 "featurettes" that are available through Hyperspace at the moment, plus a couple of longer featurettes. You also get 2 playable levels of "Battlegrounds II" (or some other SW videogame), but I'd much prefer they junk that in favor of more content.

People used to post Aayla-inspired art pics here, so I hope it's okay if I resurrect that tradition. Here's a piece I'm working on at the moment; a portion of a larger work:

[image=http://home.pacbell.net/ri221b//sw/snug_enqpic01.jpg]

I'm a Kit/Aayla 'shipper. So sue me :D

10. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    DS- great CW-inspired artwork, my man. yeah, I used to post my sketches here. That, or GodofDeath did it for us. I have done a number of Aayla sketches right before CIII but never got around to finishing them so the're all pretty much WIPs, lol.

11. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    Nice, DarthSnuggle! I love the expression on Kit's face, and all the lip prints! [face_laugh]

12. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it :)

I'd like to see those WIPs if you're willing to share, kampilan! And I hope more people post their Aayla-inspired works: art, fanfic, whatever. Now that her story's basically over, it would be nice to keep her alive (in a manner of speaking) through the fandom.

13. DarkHorseXIII

Jul 24, 2005
    Snuggle Cool Fisto/ Aayla pic!

I hope they make the ROTS dvd good... with lots of Amy Allen!!!!

14. MidnightRain

Jul 16, 2003
    Does anyone here collect Aayla merchandise? I have the Aayla Unleashed, and the two action figures that have been made of her. I'm hoping that they'll make an Aayla mini bust or Clone Wars maquette...

15. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Thanks DarkHorseXIII! I've got a few more ideas in mind. Maybe one of them will actually be somewhat serious in tone ;)

I collect some Aayla merchandise. I have a photo and the two action figures that came out - plus an extra of the RotS to keep in mint condition, her SW miniature for my custom "Epic Duels" game deck, and most of her comic book appearances. I'm kicking myself for not picking up one of her "Unleashed" figures when i had the chance. I came across a wall full of them but I didn't see any with a flawless paint job so I didn't get one (I'm a stickler for that kind of thing. I went through each and every RotS Aayla fig when they came out to get the one that wasn't cross-eyed or had too much of a dirt wash, too big a gap in her arm cut, etc). Then I never saw the "Unleashed" figure again :(

I'm hoping that Sideshow Toys includes Aayla in their 12" line of SW figures as they said they were planning on including Expanded Universe characters in it. Aayla may technically be a movie character, but she gets far more exposure in the EU, so I cast my ballot for her anyway.

16. GodofDeath

GodofDeath Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Darth_Snuggle, that's a great Aayla & Kit Clone Wars style fan art. You really capture the Clone Wars cartoon style art dead-on, impressive. :)

Would you mind if I add it to the Fan Art section of the Aayla Secura fansite?
    (You would be credited as the artist off course.)

As for Aayla merchandise, there's a 'new' Hasbro 3-3/4 inch "Revenge Of The Sith" Aayla Secura figure coming out later this year, a 'Holographic Aayla Secura'... basically a transparant blue version of the existing "Revenge Of The Sith" Aayla Secura figure.

It seems all the Aayla Secura Unleashed figures had that pinkish paint wash over the blue skin color. (What the heck was Hasbro thinking?) I removed it on my Aayla Secura Unleashed figure using model paint remover (nail-polish remover would work too) but it requires lots of patience and one has to do it carefully, especially on the torso since the blue skin color is also painted on there.

(Sadly I haven't been on these boards much lately due to lack of time...)

17. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    You're more than welcome to include my illustration on your site GodofDeath (did I mention how much your site rocks? :D ). It's not as funny out-of-context as it's part of a larger piece, but I'll be sure to send you the completed version as well once my work schedule allows me time to finish it up (and I get it printed for autographing, that is).

It seems all the Aayla Secura Unleashed figures had that pinkish paint wash over the blue skin color.

Yeah, that's what kinda turned me off to buying one when I had the chance. But I caved the other week and got one off ebay. Don't think I'll be trying to alter it, though - don't trust myself to ruin it.

Oh, if you click on my username and scroll to the bottom, you'll find a link to a rather mushy Kit/Aayla fic I wrote. I'd post a direct link here, but it feels like spamming.

18. lord_S

lord_S Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    aayla is cool and sexy

19. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    This November, Aayla returns in the "Battlefront II" videogame as one of the hero-class characters gamers will be able to play. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned here before :)

20. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    Bumping this topic for a special announcement:

Aayla Secura has been crowned Wookiepedia's Miss Star Wars 2005! Hooray! *tosses confetti*

http://starwars.wikicities.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Miss_Star_Wars_2005

21. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    Blasphemy! Yaddle should have Won!:p

22. Aayla-91

Aayla-91 Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2005
    Nice tread, many Aayla fans like myself:)

So, do you fans have any news or some cool Aayla or Amy pics to show?

23. Darth_Snuggle

Jun 5, 2005
    I haven't had the opportunity to meet Amy Allen, but I have done a couple of illustrations with Aayla in them that can be seen in my forum art thread. Not sure if we're allowed to post images, so I'll just link to them:

Scandal!
    Merenzane Gold

24. Aayla-91

Aayla-91 Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2005
    Nice pictures, i really liked the Aayla to the right on "Merenzane Gold" , she was so cute:)

25. DarthDubya05

DarthDubya05 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2005
    Aayla is ugly. Yaddle is prettier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.