main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lightsabers & Blasters Aayla Secura/Ki-Adi-Mundi style lightsaber dimensions?

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Zeph, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zeph

Zeph Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2011
    I'm preparing my Aayla Secura costume for an upcoming convention, and it's time to worry about the lightsaber... The problem is, I have no idea what the dimensions are for the saber, and I have to have them to get started. :(

Her lightsaber (I'm doing ROTS version) is the same as the one used by Ki-Adi-Mundi. However, countless attempts to find any info on the dimensions of the saber have turned up nothing. =(

Please help, and thank you!

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Are you making it yourself, or looking for someone who makes them?

3. Zeph

Zeph Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2011
    Well, I need the dimensions so I can have it commissioned. ^^;; But are we allowed to talk about that? XD I'm a little foggy on all the forum rules. ^^;;

4. MiricaEclipse

MiricaEclipse Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2011
    Well, i've not search for Aayla Secura's, but Wikipedia.com has a Lightsaber section, and they give the typical dimentions on a lightsaber... You might be able to look at the lightsabers dipicted, and Aalya's and decided 'okay, this is a little bit bigger... maybe if i added an inch to the end, it would work!'.

Mirica

5. Allaerra

Allaerra Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2011
    www.sitharchives.com has the dimensions for all of the on screen character sabers. We have used this site many times for dimensions and most of them are fairly accurate. Aayla's and Ki Adi's saber are similar but different, so be careful as to which version you rely on. Were you looking to have a functional saber, or just a static prop?

6. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I could point you to someone who could make it for you - both the hilt and removable blade.

7. Zeph

Zeph Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2011
    Thank you guys! I've checked Sith Archives, but my computer has trouble displaying it, for some reason. :( I can only seem to access the dimensions charts through Google images. 0_o

Wait... Aayla's and Ki-Adi-Mundi's sabers are different? I thought they were identical. ;_; Shoot, I'll have to rely on different refs than I was hoping to use, then... Thanks for the tip. :)

JedHead1: Thank you very much for the info you sent me. :) I wanted to answer your mail, but my account here wouldn't let me because I hadn't posted enough. ^^;;

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    PM sent.

9. Zeph

Zeph Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2011
    Thanks, that helps a lot! ^_^

10. hopefuljedi

hopefuljedi Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2011
    Hi I was wondering if this person made other lightsabers, such as Mara Jade's, and what the price would be. I would love any info if you could give it to me.

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    PM sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.