main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Aayla Secura

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalonx, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    It wierd, the way you say "cheeky"... that's a British term, but I seriously doubt you are from the U.K. Talonx. I definitely imagine you being more erm... lets just say American.

DarthTalgus likes this.
  2. CIS Droid

CIS Droid AOTC 20th Anniversary Banner Winner star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Oct 21, 2015
    Aayla was a nice character. But just like Kit Fisto she barely did anything after Jedi Crash duology. Fist had better luck than her because he at least was in the mon cala arc.

3. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    She was a fun and cheeky character though right? It was cool to see another young Jedi, and also a female and a Twilek at that.

Agreed, she was a really great character - fun, cheeky, energetic, athletic and another young Jedi. It gave us a nice perspective on the youth of the Jedi Order. She was also a strong female who was confident and beautiful inside and out - as demonstrated by her compassion and caring nature. Also in TCW and in games, she is an awesome fighter.

I think it's a shame that she didn't seem to have much of a lead role after TCW Jedi Crash two parter. She did appear in other episodes - e.g. the Zillo Beast and in several Jedi Council sessions. The fact that she appeared in AOTC and also in ROTS (Jedi Council sessions and the Betrayal of the Jedi scene) showed she was a character of merit and a prominent Jedi. It would have been really cool to see more of her as well as see character development. In the episodes she was in, Aayla was great!

Would have been interesting to see her on Ryloth - I mean a Twilek Jedi right! Also Aayla undercover on assignment or shown in episodes as the lead Jedi General would be very cool. It would be great to see someone like her more often as she provides another perspective on the Jedi and gives us a fun person to follow. After all, she has become a popular character in her own right - from the movies, TCW and various games.

The Mon Cala arc was really good. Shame Aayla wasn't in it, or even in the Zygerian one. Given her graceful and serene style, would have been very cool to see Aayla Secura in action more often, don't you think?

CIS Droid likes this.
  4. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Thats a great idea, Aayla should have at least got a scene where she explains how she feels about whats happening on her home planet. I like the Mon Cala arc and it would have been better if someone like Aayla replaced Padme or Anakin. Maybe they didn't know how to animate her headtails in an underwater suit? Wasn't she in a close relationship with Kit in the old EU?

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Not sure if it was mentioned or not but either Henry Gilroy or Steven Melching was on a podcast (RFR I believe) eons ago and mentioned that they wrote at least a draft of what would have been a fourth part to the S1 Ryloth arc, this time featuring Aayla on an undercover relief mission on her home planet. Alas it wasn't meant to be, GL or then producer Catherine Winder may have vetoed.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    How often did she appear in the TCW comic which back then was canon?

7. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    It would have been interesting to see Twilek Jedi including Aayla involved in anything on Ryloth much like we saw Ahsoka with the Togruta colony. Not totally sure that a relationship with Kit would be a great match. Aayla's a little more cheeky. I guess a way to go would be to have Aayla interact with another young Jedi her age (like we saw younglings displaying affection for one another, or Anakin and Padme, or Ahsoka and Lux). Or possibly Aayla interacting with a young prince or world leader when posted to defend that world. For example, they may save her life or they might be smitten with her. Else, they might interact and develop a fondness for each other and either that is resolved in friendship, or through their sacrifice to save her. It also opens up the possibility of someone searching for her after Order 66. There was a comic strip I posted above where another Jedi discusses Aayla having feelings or more than a non attached relationship with others.

It would be very interesting to see flirtatious interaction between Jedi and citizens - either undercover or even when they know they are Jedi.

Another idea would be for Aayla to be undercover - given she's a Twilek and a Jedi she would be the perfect person for the Order to use on certain assignments involving the Hutts or the underworld. Flirting in these circumstances would be interesting - e.g. Anakin with the Zygerian Queen or Ahsoka's difficulty in purpose over feelings with Lux? There's a nice screenshot above of Aayla Secura telling a pirate/slaver that her will is her own at the moment of revealing who she really is.

And yes, Aayla would have been good on Mon Cala (a great arc), Zygeria, just more in general really! It's great to see a female lead and someone fun like this more often and also develop over time. I thought she rocked. What do you think? Any other ways to have her feature in the context of the Clone Wars and teaching us morals/furthering the story?

That would have been cool. I mean the Master Di part was really cool as was Windu on Ryloth. It's cool to see other Jedi. It would have been great to see some Twilek Jedi interacting on their home planet. Aayla would have been a cool touch. Was she to feature more? She was such a fun Jedi, would have been awesome to see her more often and also developed over time?

Which comic was this and what role did she play in it?

CIS Droid likes this.
  8. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

The hutt infiltration idea sounds good. It would be great if she would appear in an episode together with her clone commander, Bly. This would make her death even more tragic when we know how close she and Bly was.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  9. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Yes an undercover assignment would be very interesting. The Hutts/galactic slavery would be interesting. Zygeria therefore would also have been an opportunity. Or I wonder about if she crash landed but had temporary amnesia and was taken in by pirates or a separate group of fighters who then started fighting either Republic or CIS? I think an episode or storyline showing Aayla interacting with citizens would be nice. It's funny to see Jedi being flirted with or people slightly smitten by them. And it would be cool to see her be a main character more often either in battle or in a story right?

CIS Droid likes this.
  10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    [face_plain]

DarthTalgus likes this.
  11. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Would be cool to see Aayla interact with other Twileks too, whether on Ryloth, Tatooine, that farm that Rex landed on, or other Twilek Jedi.

I think Aayla's fluid, athletic, energetic fighting style was awesome too.

Wonder what she'd be like in space? And wonder about the many citizens she encountered who according to the comics, stories, etc, respected her and remembered her fondly?

An amnesia storyline might be cool with a Jedi rediscovering themselves whilst saving those who found them. Reckon Aayla could crop up again in a series or in Rebels (even a flashback)?

Eh? Would be cool to see Aayla Secura interacting with other Twileks. When a Jedi meets their own species and can interact with them on a more personal level. E.g. Ahsoka with the Togruta colony. Or a Jedi meeting those they knew before - e.g. Yoda with the Wookies, Obi Wan with Sabine, Anakin with Padme and the Naboo. Aayla could meet the Twilek on that farm Rex ran into or even encounter other Twilek Jedi or those on Ryloth? Maybe she's an inspiration for others who see the actions of the Jedi which Hera in Rebels mentions as remembering?

12. CIS Droid

Oct 21, 2015

Sorry for the late reply. It would be nice to see her interact with other twileks, whether they be jedi or normal citizens. And if they ever do another clone wars comic series Aayala would fit right in.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Absolutely concur! Such interactions are really cool to see between the Jedi. I think a TCW era comic, game or series would be the perfect place for Aayla to shine once more. Go Aayla!, right?

CIS Droid likes this.
  14. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Interesting scene with Aayla Secura and Anakin Skywalker above. In terms of her attire, comparing with Darth Talon, it appears that both dress for comfort and have their own unique style.

Was cool to see Aayla in TCW Secret Weapons - I think her droid was also part of the special unit along with R2-D2. I think her R2 unit was the pink one, aka Sweet Pie?

In the comics, it's interesting when Aayla interacts with ordinary citizens, those who aren't Jedi. She has shown herself to be compassionate and someone easy to talk to. This was also highlighted well in her TCW appearance, where she starred alongside Ahsoka and fought alongside Yoda.

Haven't seen her pilot a starfighter or starship yet, though we have seen her in command of a Star Destroyer and the escape ship in Jedi Crash (TCW).

Aayla is a really fun, elegant and energetic character. Her athletic fighting style is a wonder to behold. It would be super to see her on screen again. It's very nice to see a strong confident young woman and a female Twilek Jedi. Super to see the variety of the Jedi Order and it would be cool to see her interact with her own people much like Ahsoka did.

I also would like to see Aayla encounter other Force users (similar to how we get to see Ahsoka in TCW and Rebels). Even interact with other citizens in the galaxy.

One great thing was also that she was a young Jedi, similar to Anakin. You got a different perspective on what a Jedi is, and a viewpoint on them compared to the Old Guard, so to speak. She also had a great personality, she was beautiful inside and out. Would be good to see her more often, or even in more games, her appearance in Star Wars BF2 was a nice touch. I wonder if we'll see her on our tv again, or even an anthology maybe?

15. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    DarthTalonx Yea...Yea... Aayla and all that.

Ah yes... Khaleen Hentz... One of the reasons I have a thing for goth style women. :p

DarthTalonx likes this.
  16. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    This thread is making me want to try and make a visual novel style dating sim featuring characters from TCW/Rebels in a highschool setting. I'm thinking Aayla as the cool gym teacher.

17. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

While I do have crushes on fictional characters (That goes with geek culture like peanut butter and jelly :p ), I don't talk about them in open forums.

18. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    That's no fun. Waifus are scientifically proven to make the days go by faster. ;)

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  19. DarthTalonx

Nov 12, 2014
    Lol! You should! Did Aayla Secura have a theme in terms of soundtrack? One of the great things about Star Wars is how it's music compliments it so beautifully, so well, I mean it's iconic! Just like the movies with the Force theme, the Skywalkers/Binary Sunset, Ahsoka's which made a comeback in Rebels recently. I think Aayla's which played in the episode was also cool, a kinda mix between Ryloth and something beautiful, serene and flowing - matches her style.

So is Aayla the gym teacher? Nice. Or maybe the fun person in the year above who shows you the way?

I really liked the fact that she was also present in key meetings in the Jedi Temple/Council as she was in the films. It was cool to see her around the Temple, would have been great to also see her and other Jedi feature more. I believe her droid, the pink astromech above, was also part of D squad alongside R2D2, was it's name QT (as in Cute-Tee)?

One of the great things about the Star Wars galaxy is its variety and Aayla demonstrated that - a female Twilek Jedi. She's such a lovely, bubbly, flowing character. And her athleticism and elegance was lovely to see. Her mixture of energy and patience is almost exemplified by Ahsoka in Rebels, she reminds me of Aayla. Twileks are very interesting characters to see on screen and it would be great to see them feature and developed. I am glad we are seeing this with Hera who spoke of her passion of flying and looking up at the stars with wonder when on Ryloth.

Would be great to see Aayla again on screen. It's nice to see her interact with Jedi and non Jedi to see how different Jedi behave. And the fact she is young gives us that insight and view on the youth of the Jedi Order. She's also energetic and full of youthful exuberance along with many of her peers (e.g. Anakin, Serra Keto, etc.) It would be funny to see a group of Knights and a group of Masters being separated in battle and then using their own skillsets to overcome the enemy. Throw in Padawans to and it's cool to see how different they can be. Her attire and personality also shows the wonderful variety of the galaxy itself. Not entirely sure why many more Jedi including Aayla weren't developed and shown more? Even their background appearances rocked!!

Some of the comic highlights of her look quite good actually. And noticeably Aayla is such a fun and fine (often one of the best to play as) character in many Star Wars games. I wonder, maybe she could make a tv appearance again? Or even anthology maybe?

20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    I'm sure Aayla the gym teacher would be about as fun for you as 'Aayla the pizza girl' ... [face_plain]

21. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    It's alright, I know you love Count Dooku. I can keep a secret...

22. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007

How did you find out... [face_blush]

23. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I didn't need to. EVERYBODY loves Dooku!

Even Anakin.

24. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Aren't we all cookoo for Dooku?

25. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Gym teacher, ey? I'll bring my pencil!

DarthTalonx and sarlaccsaurs-rex like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.