main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Aayla Secura

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by DarthTalonx, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]

Can we not?

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  2. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I like your slogan in the footnote. Is that the clone trooper motto? I remember it was in Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader. Great motto, "An army of one man, but the right man for the job".

Would have loved to see this inside joke banter used often between trooper and Jedi in TCW - e.g. Jedi General meets a new Commander of a different Jedi on a mission: "The voice is familiar," they tell the helmeted commando. "The face even more so," replies the trooper.

Tbh, Dooku in the films is quite a cool character played brilliantly as well. He oozes that polished respectable demeanor of someone who is suave, charismatic and persuasive. Dooku as described in the books, shown in the films and novelization is someone of integrity and I think it is interesting that he is seen as someone who has a principled stand in the Clone Wars - he is the face of the CIS movement and thus the primary target of the Republic if they are to defeat it. For his stance on corruption is respected by many. Grievous is more of the evil, but many systems willingly join the CIS. It is not so much being against the Jedi, but against the Republic, right?

It would have been interesting to see Dooku in the days he was a Jedi. Yes, Dooku has that almost regal aristocratic air about him, something that is what the Republic used to be. Like his last look of shock when Palpatine utters the words to Anakin "now...kill him."

I think it's great that different characters in Star Wars demonstrate the wonderful variety of the galaxy and different personalities. Aayla for example has that fun, cheeky, youthful exuberance and beautiful yes. I like her droid in TCW, I think her astromech is called QT (Cute-Tee?). Also a female Twilek Jedi is awesome. She and Sabine would get on well, they're both really really fun!!

Didn't quite understand? =)

whostheBossk and MandoArtist like this.
  3. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    No, no. I envision Ahsoka as the one with the part time job while she goes to school. Though she may also be the main character you play as too...

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yeah let's move away from this conversation and talk about Aayla Secura/other female characters in a more appropriate way.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  5. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Its satire. We are obviously making a point of someone else's posting patterns.

6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well I'd appreciate it if it stopped so we can turn the focus back on Aayla Secura and talk about her as a character.

It's not that I care about whether or not it's Satire, but there are surely more appropriate ways to use that. Either way let's just focus on her character rather then the way other people post.

7. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Hear hear!

I think Aayla was a great character - a confident, fun and exuberant young Jedi. Really great to see a Twilek Jedi as well. Apparently she had a brush with the dark side as well, sounds similar to Anakin. It's cool to get a perspective on the youth of the Jedi Order as well and seeing them alongside the Jedi of old/Old Guard (e.g. Yoda or Mace).

She's got this elegant style and grace about her. Aayla displays calm when Ahsoka and the troopers are chasing the probe droid. She also imparts wisdom to the young Padawan about feelings, emotion and patience. It seems from experience.

Love the fact we saw her fight as well as in the background. Very fast and athletic fighting style. Fast and furious! Adia Gallia also demonstrated this in TCW when fighting alongside Obi Wan and Anakin. Shaak Ti to a certain extent as well, though even more patient and elegant, maybe owing to being a Master more akin to the patient Obi Wan.

And I think we saw a little about her character with her droid. You see R2-D2's personality and to some extent everyone he interacts with - Anakin in the Clone Wars, Padme in AOTC, and Luke and Leia in the OT. We get to meet QT-KT in the D squad arc. Aayla drops her off at the start of their mission. Would be funny to see them in a starfighter.

Aayla is a cool character in many ways right?

8. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    When?

9. CheckSix

CheckSix Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 15, 2015
    I'm not usually a big fan of female characters (especially ones wearing skimpy outfits),but I loved Aayla. I liked how she was very no-nonsense and functioned as a good foil for Ahsoka in the season 1 eps.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I love you for this comment, I wish for all the likes in the world to come to you, I'm in tears [face_laugh] . This post is the shiny beacon in this deranged thread, whatever happens to this thread I'll always be cookoo for Dooku

11. sarlaccsaurs-rex

Apr 10, 2007
    Me Tooku.

SateleNovelist11 and DarthTalgus like this.
  12. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm cookoo for Dooku, COOKOO FOR DOOKU, COOKOO FOR DOOKU ! [face_hypnotized]
    [​IMG]

13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Darth Talon in The Art of TFA(5th Bro as a Sith Lord on left as bonus):

[​IMG]

14. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015

[face_rofl]

15. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Anyone who plays the dating sim and DOESNT pick Aayla or Tua has something wrong with them. :p

DarthTalonx likes this.
  16. seventhbeacon

seventhbeacon Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2015
    Easily my favorite PT era character, introduced in the comics and created by John Ostrander and Jan Duursema. Her story was fantastic, and I maintain a personal headcanon that she survived the purge using Force illusions to let the clones think they killed her. It was great when she showed up in TCW, I was very happy with her portrayal and sad she didn't get more episodes. I would rather the Story Team review some of the older "Legends" stuff and carefully upgrade a few back into the main canon, especially most of that entire ongoing comics run, and the Ostrander-written stuff.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  17. DarthTalgus

Sep 3, 2012
    I'll pick Snoke anytime [face_love]

[​IMG]

Darth Doop likes this.
  18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Let's get back to talking about Aayla Secura as a character instead of dating sims.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  19. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    She's my favorite character in the jedi temple dating sim

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That's nice. But let's move away from dating sims. What do you like about her character the most?

21. Darth Doop

Apr 24, 2014
    Probably her willingness to accept any flowers I give her in the game. :p

I'm just pulling your leg :p

22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    We have only ever had one appearance of Aayla in The Clone Wars animated series, and the rest of what we know of her character was in the Old EU so this thread is going to be closing down.

Plus the Clone Wars ended some time ago and it doesn't look like we're going to get any new information soon and we don't need to keep going around in circles and repeating things.

Locking this thread since it seems to have run its course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.