main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Aayla Secura's death

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Circle_Is_Complete, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    Well surprisingly I did a search and didn't find a topic on this so I created one. Many say her death was along the lines of the punk death of Boba and they both went out weak. As far as Aayla goes can someone confirm she originally had a longer scene were she ingnites her saber? I read it somewhere on these boards. I just wanted to say that upon further viewings of the movie I like this version because it further shows the ruthlesness of the assasinations. I KNOW she was a powerful Jedi but she was still a women with no defense and not only that she was shot in the back and many times after she was dead. This was right after the Younglings were killed. So it was the women and the children. I think it adds depth to the scene.

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    The younglings scene comes well after Secura's death. Here is the order of the Order 66 sequence:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (attempt)
    Ki-Adi Mundi
    Aayla Secura
    Yoda's reaction
    Plo-Koon
    Stass Allie / Adi Gallia
    Yoda (attempt)
    Younglings scene in Jedi Council chambers
    Padmé and Threepio
    Bail Organa scene with Zett Jukassa

3. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    The only "addition" to the scene i know of is the following lines:

A column of CLONE WALKERS marches across the forest floor. The STRANGE CALLS of the alien forest creatures of FELUCIA suddenly stop. The Jedi AAYLA SECURA and her CLONE TROOPS brace for an ambush.

AAYLA: Steady. . . . steady . . .

They all look around for signs of the enemy. CLONE COMMANDER BLY moves up behind the Jedi.

AAYLA: (continuing) Bly, do you think they're Droids?

BLY: No.

BLY blasts AAYLA in the back. The OTHER CLONES fire on her as she hits the ground.

And i think, according to EU, Aayla and Commander Bly had become great friends throughout the Clone Wars - sort of like Commander Cody and Obi-Wan.

Great scene, awesome planet.

- O_F

4. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Lord_of_all_Noldor Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2005
    Hehe, Aayla is hot when she falls dead. [face_mischief]

5. loebs

loebs Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2005
    god bless ILM hotties. AMY ALLEN FOR PRESIDENT 2008!

6. MASTER_JEDI

MASTER_JEDI Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 22, 2001
    Yes, she was a powerful Jedi but I didn't like her death at all. I would have liked to see her kill a few troopers before she died but since she's a woman she's not supposed to have that kind of savy about her, even when she dies. Her death scene made me angry, all for the reasons stated by the creator of this topic. She was a woman and I found her being all shot up very appalling.

7. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    I never understood why aayla wasnt on the council, or at least made a master.

Her and her master, Quinlan Vos, were on different planets in the clone wars, so maybe she wasnt his apprentice anymore. This would qualify her for promotion.

If i was the council, it would of been a wiser choice to put her on the council instead of anakin (seeing as there was a space open, which shaak ti left open)

Anyway, back on topic. Her death was the second best of the 66 montage (did stass allie even see the clones pull back!) It would of been nice to have some dialouge from her though.

And isnt felucia rumored to be the planet E.T comes from

8. Padme-Wan_SkyWindu

Padme-Wan_SkyWindu Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2002
    I was thinking about the brutality of this scene not too long ago, actually. I never interpreted it as Aayla going out like a punk, or as being demeaning to women, or anything like that. I thought it emphasized the sadness of Order 66 - especially if one takes into account the Aayla/Bly friendship that was mentioned earlier. I feel like the only way this scene would have been more impactful is if it had been a Jedi that had been given a somewhat larger role in the previous films (along the lines of Ki-Adi or someone).

9. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I don`t think it showed she was weak or was demaning,anyone can be taken off guard and (unfourtantly) killed

10. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    I like the sequence, but her acting when falling is poor. She looks like she just fainted, not like she's getting hammered with blaster fire.

Can't really expect much though.. she wasn't exactly hired on her acting merit.

!snap

11. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    What the hell?

12. Kenobi_Kid

Kenobi_Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    Its a funny thing but, until I saw this scene in the theatre, I hated Twi'leks. Yup. Couldn't stand them. I'd never liked a single one. I thought Bib Fortuna was ugly and sleazy and Oola was a ***** and the Twins from TPM annoyed me and I didn't like Aayla in AOTC.

But when the Clones shot her, I somehow felt that I had misjudged them. I was strangely moved by the sight of a young woman being so ruthlessly disposed of by the soldiers she was leading. And it isn't enough to shoot her, they practically pour blaster fire onto her, even when its clear she's already dead. It was a very well done moment and helped to make the order 66 scene all the more moving to me.

So do not mourn Aayla Secura, her death was not in vain. It redeemed an entire race for me.

13. Royal_Guard_TK-539

Royal_Guard_TK-539 Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2004
    I think it was rather well executed, as was all of the Order 66. It worked well to show how the Jedi had grown to trust the Clones, how the war must have exhausted them so that nearly none of the Jedi reacted early enough to save themselves. The Jedi were very tired and Palpatine clouded their vision so that nearly none could survive Darth Sidious´ evil plan. Very good!

14. JediRaanic

JediRaanic Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2001
    I liked how in BF2, there was a little narrative by Bly possibly? about how they had regreted killing her and such.

15. Jon_Bon_Kenobi

Jon_Bon_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2004
    I dont think she went put badly (Although I agree the acting could have been slightly better!)

Thing is, if you look at it, Yoda had the best chance to defend himself.

Ki-Adi Mundi - Lots of clones. Held back and then shot him full of holes.
    Aayla - Lots of Clones. Held back and then filled her full of holes.
    Yoda - TWO clones, stood RIGHT BEHIND HIM.

Yoda escaped because they put TWO clones up against him! The idiots!
    :)

16. ImperialMarchFace

ImperialMarchFace Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    After watching Ki-Adi put up some form of a fight against the Clones that turned on him, Aayla does appear to go out like a punk. Yeah, Ki-Adi's saber was already lit, but Aayla just turns around and the way she flails when she's falling to the ground makes her look weak. I didn't like that we saw Ki-Adi go down fighting and the rest of the Jedi were just killed before they ever had a chance to fight back. I think they should've shown more Jedi attempting to survive the Clone attack, but I still love the sequence.

17. LittleGreenManYoda

LittleGreenManYoda Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2005
    I was reading somewhere Commander Bly was not only friends but I think that he was attracted to her and they might of had a relationship. As far as General Aayla death it was very tragic to me because she was the only Twi-lik I ever thought was hot.

18. MASTERANNIE

MASTERANNIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    as for me i don't think in the movie aayla's death isn't well-expressed: you see her stopping while the clones have their weapons, then she pauses, then turns and finally they shot her...too much time...

19. DewbackRider88

DewbackRider88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2004

I thought Ki-adi mundi stood LOOKING at his clones for longer than aayla stood INFRONT of her clones not looking at them. I mean, Ki could SEE his clones pointing guns at him, why didnt he move after first seeing them aim at him.

All the other jedi were shot in the back or in situations where they couldnt know what was about to happen (plo koon)

20. Commander5052

Commander5052 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2005
    As most likely the biggest Bly fan around, I feel it is my duty to assist this thread.
    Bly was friends with Aayla. Not lovers, not boyfriend-girlfriend, friends.
    And on the topic of Aayla's death, i always thought before seeing RotS that Bly would let Aayla live since they were such good friends.

21. MASTERANNIE

MASTERANNIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2005

yeah of course, but even for aayla it's not different...it seems she couldn't sense what was happening...

22. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    Aayla Secura's death was the funniest thing in the whole movie!

Her spidey sense never tingled. She just kinda ambled along and then fell instantly. And then was shot in the back over and over and over again. I honestly don't know who went out more of a punk, Secura or Fett. Heh.

What kills me is that she is so completely unaware. No vibe, no nothing. She didn't even have an uh-oh moment before she was felled. Easiest Jedi kill EVER.

23. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    I chalk at least part of that up to the fact that what's-her-name isn't an experienced actress.

edit:
    sorry, Amy Allen.[face_blush]

24. Circle_Is_Complete

Circle_Is_Complete Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2005
    Aayla threads always seem to get attention [face_laugh]

Just so everyone knows I never meant it to sound like I personally feel she went out badly or that her skills were lacking. I just mean it makes the movie darker when children are murdered without remorse and women(powerful or not)are shot in the back and then countlessly and unessesarily. It shows the monsterious nature of the Sith and the darkside.

25. Divia

Divia Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    I wouldnt have minded if she had spoken or defended herself. Oh well. I guess all her action was kept to the comics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.