main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  2. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    But the real question is can she beat Mr. Freeze?

3. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Yes.

Victor Fries < Sub-Zero < Elsa < Captain Planet

4. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I wanna know when we are gonna see Marvel characters on this show?
    Of course Darth Vader needs to show up. I mean can't have an evil villain show without Darth Vader. Ok maybe next season.

Is it me or does WWE Monday night raw have better writers then Once upon a time?

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Hayden Christiensen isn't doing anything at the moment.

*ducks*

6. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    I think it was rather silly. I understand the obvious rationale, but the way it was presented was the silly part. It would have been much less silly had Charming already have been an accomplished sword fighter, and Anna re-inspired that ability within him after years of the mundane. But even how it was presented "Oh, my guards taught me a thing or two.." (eh, being taught a thing or two must have been the result of starting combat training when you were 6 like a Spartan warrior or something) and then literally, after probably 4 hours of training, Charming is doing sword slash-wheel kick combos against trained guards? Oh well.

I like the spin on Bow Peep though, and the overall episode was decent-The scenes with Snow and the generator being the best.... (Go buy a flashlight!)

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  7. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    What about Iceman from the X-Men?

8. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I liked that twist as well, it's a bit of a nod at the fact that not every fairy tale was as sweet and innocent as some of the modern tellings of them make them out to be.

And Mary Margaret reminding the trio that they lived for so long without electricity before was hilarious, as was "Stop saying letters!!"

It's good to see that Elizabeth Mitchell will be the villain this season (so that's 2 Lost alumni that will have been). I really want to see her and Lana Parilla working off each other

Mr44 likes this.
  9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Well, I was mostly thinking of the courageous heroic type of thing. I liked how it undermines the entire show's narrative that David is this uniquely courageous peasant, because he actually got it all from Anna. Of course, demeanor is different from fighting, which is a skill. But on that subject...

You forget that royalty are better than lesser men. I have no trouble with the idea that Anna is a superbly talented warrior.This is Disney -- that is basically one of the most important lessons that they try to teach our children :p

Of course, that only explains Anna's skill. There's no reason that David, dirty commoner than he is, should have such ease picking up those skills in a matter of minutes.

10. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    D'oh!

11. Lord Vivec

Apr 17, 2006
    We still need to compare her to Glaceon and Frozone.

12. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Well three, if you count Naveen Andrews doing Once Upon a Time in Wonderland as Jafar.

13. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'm fairly certain that this was my face when they killed Hans on tonights episode
    [​IMG]

but knowing my luck they'll f-ing ressurect him :mad:

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Happy to see more of Arendelle. It turns out that their military actually consists of more than just palace guards, but actually has some generals too. Who knows, maybe they'll actually have a government official or two instead of just a royal family and a bunch of servants somehow running the whole country :p

That said, a war with Hans and his people would've been more interesting. Those scenes just seemed to serve as a vessel for introducing this Snow Queen person, whoever she actually is (not sure if I buy her story). But oh well, at least the set and costuming were nice.

Regina continues to be this show's star though. Really liked her scene with Henry -- just really well acted. Henry continues to have the personality of a log, but nobody expects any better. I'm curious to see where things go to her, and am glad that she's continuing down an interesting path instead of backsliding like I feared during the first episode of the season.

15. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I really think that the Frozen scenes in this are the weakest - the dialogue is awful and the acting is terrible. I just feel that whole plot line is kind of...stupid. The other storylines, even the cheesiest, have had a little bit of cleverness to them. This one is watered down and filled with "oh hey we mentioned another Frozen dialogue reference!" Everyone else is great though besides those parts... really glad the knave has finally joined. And Elizabeth Mitchell is amazing as always.

16. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Why was Elsa wearing a bright blue gown while hiking through the forest with Kristoff? Even Snow White and Belle had traveling attire different from ballroom gowns.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Just watched the second episode of the season; I thought it was pretty good. Some of the Frozen references were pretty blatant ("Aren't you cold?" "It never bothered me."), while some were at least a little subtle ("Ooh, I love sandwiches!"). I think this season's off to a pretty good start.

18. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yeah, it was bothersome. I approve of their decision to use the film's story and lore, and make it a followup -- but come on guys, that doesn't mean slavishly using only the "iconic" film outfits and designs. Be creative! That's what this show is known for, the variety in costuming and design.

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

FTFY. :p

20. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    once upon a time there was a restaurant called olive garden! sooooooo good!

21. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I like that (at least for now), the writers aren't backsliding on Regina trying to be good. And I liked how she was honest with Henry about her plan and that he's on board to help her. "Operation Mongoose" made me lol.

While Henry's pretty boring and not great in the acting department, I think Regina's the best part of the show.

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The captured urn scene bothered me. Kristof had a sword in his back. Run forward you dumb ****.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  24. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Hook was the best part of the episode.

25. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Tbf she made that dress out of magic so that probably saves on some wear and tear.