main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I feel like all this episode revealed is that Emma's still angsty and the Duke of Weasleton is still annoying.

Though I could be mistaken. All I really care about right now is that Regina and Robin scene.

Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I liked the backstory stuff -- good design and costuming. They actually got some period accuracy here: Napoleonic uniforms and Empire silhouette gowns, which fits the period before the film. Very nicely done, people. Almost makes up for the derivativeness of all their other costuming -- almost.

Though speaking of which, it was perfectly obvious who the duke was as soon as he was mentioned. They really didn't need to do the Weaseltown bit. I do like that he's a total sleaze though.

Edit: oh, and I forgot to mention that the backstory means that the Arendelle line of succession makes no sense at all.

Also lol Mjolnir.

3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Having nothing better to do, I just shattered watching this show...and I'm liking it.

What have I gotten into? :eek:

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I missed Meow Meow ?!?

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's just chilling in Rumple's castle.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

6. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Which now offers up so many questions.

Like how did he get it in there? Can magic really move it or can I have these funny images of Rumple getting super frustrated as he tries to move it and it won't budge.

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I just like the idea that it means Loki and Rumple might've met at some point.

Oh the shenanigans the two could get up to...

Revanfan1 and Mia Mesharad like this.
  8. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Or the image of Belle cleaning everything and just casually lifting it up to dust underneath and Rumple's face being like ".... WUT."

9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    So, um, Not So Little Red Riding Hood is...a frigging werewolf. Yeah....

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, I had thought that was the Winter Finale so was disappointed with the end. However!!! That conversation between Emma and Gold was possibly one of the best things they've done on the show.

Also, they finally got to the point of why Elsa and Anna have shown up this year and made it make sense!

11. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The Gold and Emma conversation was good, but I missed the reasoning why Elsa suddenly showed up this season, apparently...

I had the TV on while I was doing stuff around the house. This season hasn't really held my attention.

12. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Elsa and Anna's storyline was to show one magic / one normal and for each, especially the person with dangerous magic, to love themselves -- warts and all. Then the flip-side with Regina and Henry -- Regina's always loved herself but Henry has to come to grips with loving himself as a normal, in the same way his mother needed to come to the same decision as a magic user.

13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    The Gold + Emma scene was extremely well done. Kind of hope the rest of the show stays in line with that.

dp4m likes this.
  14. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Um. Question: is there any episode in which anyone ISN'T crying like a sap? It's getting to be a bit ridiculous. And annoying. Much like Regina I Wanna Be Good But Can't Help Being Bad And I Hate It Or I Love It? Jesus...

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "Would you go in there?"
    "Never in a million years."

Not only does it get past Emma's BS detector -- as it's not a lie -- it's totally true to Gold's character. I'm actually trying to think if he's ever lied to Emma once since she's been in town...

16. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    Who has been crying? I mean this season has been extra whiney with characters (especially Emma), but I figured that was because they're leading up to the inevitable badassery of the villains.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I haven't seen the two-hour special yet, but Gold is starting to worry me. Looks like he might be turning back to his more villainous side after his heroic side came out in Season 3?

18. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    I guess I can think of that old fable about a certain scorpion crossing a river on another beastie's back. Of course, I guess the Real Bad Guy is the **** of a writer that has set the players in their seemingly unwavering paths.

19. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013

The show's main characters are whiny and generally unproductive in every season. Imo, Robert Carlyle is what's kept the show afloat.

20. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Oh yeah, Robert Carlyle. Goddamit Marvel, that guy is Loki in the flesh! Fire that lil twit Hiddleston and give the horned helmet to the guy that really deserves it.

Miras-Etrin likes this.
  21. Only-One Cannoli

Aug 20, 2003
    I never realized it before, but that's a spot on casting. He really is Loki.

Miana Kenobi and Darth_Invidious like this.
  22. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    That was an interesting way to wrap the first half of the season. Nice to see that they didn't wrap up everything as a single arc.

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    It warmed my heart a little that Gold wants to save Henry too. And kill everyone else in town, but awww.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000

I think this is a 12 episode half-season arc. There was an episode preview for next week, and that preview said it was the last ep before the mid-season finale.

25. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Maybe it's because of the screaming kids, but I couldn't really understand what Gold was doing. Can someone sum up his evil plot and explain what happened to the Snow Queen?