main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

He was planning on cleaving himself from the dagger so he'd have all the powers without any drawbacks and then leaving Storybrooke to conquer the world (or at least have his way with it).

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  2. Ezio Skywalker

Ezio Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    Oh Rumpelstiltskin. You just couldn't be happy with what you had.

JEDI-RISING likes this.
  3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Come on, Rumple. Don't be like that, bro. [face_sigh]

This is seriously a bummer to me after all the character development he had from mid-S2 to the end of S3. I mean, once he killed the Wicked Witch, I knew he was probably going to fall back into his old ways a little bit, but this...? I can only hope by the end of the series that he had a Jack Sparrow-style turnabout where his true love changes from his power back to Belle. Rumple's my favorite character; I don't think I could stand it if he died a villain.

But then, all I can say is "bravo, writers" for making me care about a character so much and then snatching him away and saying "Nope."

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Eh, it was true to himself. He couldn't stop the spell, and he couldn't allow Anna to be freed because she knew his plan. He still wanted to save Belle and Henry (his blood) and he still wants Regina to "get her happy ending" too...

He's a fantastic character!

5. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Yes, and half his magic is Robert Carlyle.

Ezio Skywalker, Revanfan1 and dp4m like this.
  6. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    True. I still enjoy him.

I guess I was just spoiled by selfless!Rumple in Season 3. :p

7. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I'm glad he went evil. Pretty sure Regina is going to head back down the same path again after this season is done, and I look forward to that too. The best part of this show is the greyed out characters, and everyone has been so black and white good/evil this season. The snow queen was the only redeeming character there, and they had to go and off her like a *****. :mad:

8. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    True enough. Emma's never been my favorite character, and as much as I love Snow and Charming, they're becoming more and more the Archetypal TV Parent of late, never doing anything beyond providing guidance for Emma and being made jokes of (waiting up to see how her date with Hook went, etc.), and not doing anything important. They were great in S1 (especially in the Enchanted Forest) and S2, IMO, and they had some seriously good episodes in mid/late S3 (Charming's fight with his fear standing out to me), but in S4 they've been about as dull as can be. I mean yeah, they have a baby now. But that doesn't mean they have to suddenly become roughly as interesting as watching paint dry.

9. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Yeah I definitely agree. I always liked Snow especially, when she was more of a main character. Maybe next season, again. They seem to have given them a break because of the IRL baby.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    The show runners put it quite well. They said that Rumple wants to, and usually will choose love if he has the ability to. Unless the other option is power. And then he'll always choose power. Because that is who he is.

So he was completely willing to let Belle have the dagger because he loved her. But when he saw the hat in the mansion, the choice of power and being able to free himself of the things that gives others (like the Wicked Witch) power over him won out over his love for Belle.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  11. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    My brother read an interview online (can't provide the link, he just read it to me) and it said Snow and Charming's roles will pick up in Season 4 pt. 2, and will be directly tied to Cruella de Ville (who is not magic in and of herself, but her coat is, apparently). Also, Rumple is "definitely the big bad for this season."

12. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    Apart from the last sentence, all the other stuff is definitely covered in THR's interview.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The last was covered at least on TVLine.com

14. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    Saw the premier. Didn't really care about it. But, damn it, I can't quit this show. I know it's the same thing over and over with only two good actors surrounded by irritatingly bad actors, and silly plots...but I can't bring myself to stop DVRing it. Sigh.

Miras-Etrin likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    They went full-Fantasia...

16. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY for sadly eating ramen and YAY for a Mr. Cluck's reference.

Reginnnnnnnaaa! She was freaking out over The Dark One's dagger, so now I'm curious whose name is on it. I'm betting it either says Emma or Cora.

17. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    The Author, who ever he is, maybe doesn´t give everyone happy endings but he is very generous when it comes to plot armors and magical plot devices. For me, the show is textbook definition of the guilty pleasure.

18. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    "If you're having trouble sleeping, I have something that can help." lol

19. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i just wonder if the author is going to be named Walt

20. Revanfan1

Jun 3, 2013
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  21. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    This show is something I secretly watch but never tell anyone because it's a nerd indulgence of mine. It's one of the coolest concepts out there, if not always in execution. As a kid I wrote a couple hundred page book about what would happen if all Star Wars characters existed at once (I was proud of it :D) and any such concept has an innate appeal to me

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Erm, what? All the characters in the OT did exist at one time????

23. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i was right ;)

24. Dingo

Apr 23, 2001
    No, you were in the same ballpark. They said that one of the authors was Walt. But the current one (and essentially the one for the last 30 years) was the Peddler that was released from the book.

25. Ezio Skywalker

Jan 29, 2013
    I am proud to announce that I have finally quit the repetitive train wreck that is OUAT. My DVR has been cleansed of incessantly whiny protagonists doing incessantly stupid things.