main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Non-highlighting because it's from an older episode.

My roommate has a pretty good theory on who Cora is. Mostly because of in the Regina flashback earlier this season with Rumpel giving her the magic book and his comment about knowing her when she was a baby.

She thinks Cora is the miller's daughter in the original Rumpelstiltskin story. Now granted, Henry Sr wasn't a king, but it's definitely plausible.

As for last episode:

We had a debate earlier about if Lancelot was really just Cora, how did Cora recognize Snow AND know her and Lancelot's backstory? Or was that actually Lancelot that greeted her. Snow recognized Cora, yes, because she looks the same, but the last time (that we know) that Cora saw Snow, Snow was just a young girl.

Handmaiden_Yane likes this.
  2. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm putting this under a spoiler tag just for Kate...

I saw an image set on tumblr of Jamie Dornan and now I am super upset all over again that Sheriff Graham is dead! Ugh! Why, Regina, why!!!!!!

3. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    No worries about spoilers - I'm leaving until I finish Season One and catch up on Season Two.

4. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I'm glad you're watching it, Kate. :)

5. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I was kind of worried that they might have broken the spell too soon, but Season 2 is turning out to be quite interesting. Love the return of Cora - what a B-[face_nail_biting]! Was shocked at what happened with Aurora's prince. Can't wait to see what they do with Captain Hook!

6. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    Loved the first season. Still on the fence about this season. Not sure splitting up the story lines was a good move as I find Charming incredibly bland and Henry incredibly annoying. That being said, I am looking forward to a Regina/Cora smackdown.

Also, did anyone else feel just terrible for Regina last episode when
    Henry invited her to lunch and her face just lit up and then he blew her off and stole her keys? I mean, I know she's the villain, but dude, that was cold kid.

7. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Totally agree with you about Henry & Regina. She was just so excited!

Also, I just hope that they won't split up the storylines for the entirety of Season 2. I hope they'll come together at some point halfway or something.

8. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I'm really hoping David gets some more James/Charming qualities as this progresses because his Wussy the Weasel act is annoying right now. :p

Miana Kenobi and Handmaiden_Yane like this.
  9. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yes, that made me feel so bad for her.

Okay, so I'm totally on board at this point and agree with some of the episodes dragging. The Rumple/Belle episode was awesome and I loved that they didn't drag out finding her until Season 2.

- I want a Nova/Grumpy reunion - in fact, why didn't he rush to find her when he got his memories back?
    - I want Geppeto to find August already.
    - Katherine and Fredrick need to get a reunion as well.

I read the EW article and can't wait to
    find out how Snow and Charming are able to communicate with each other across realms.

10. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002

11. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah but I want to see the actual reunion - I thought he just went into the room. I need to rewatch that.

12. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Ahh, okay. Yeah, I wanna see the follow-up too.

13. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I thought no one went to the room. We just saw him laying there immobile and then he blinked.

14. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I distinctly remember a young child (I really think it was Henry) running to Gepetto and taking him to August's hotel room.

EDIT: Rewatched the end of episode 2. Gepetto does go to August's room, but August isn't there. Gepetto just picks up Pinnochio's/August's hat.

15. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Right, that's what I remembered.

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I just caught up with seaon 2.

Poor Phillip! And Aurora! But she's so un-Aurora-like (at least, she's much different than the Disney version I love), so every time I see her, I just think, "Princess Mary!" They should have just let her keep her real accent, though; the fake one keeps slipping. I do really like Sarah Bolger, though.

Charming and Henry are okay, but the people in Storybrooke need to keep developing, or they're going to get boring. I was also really sad for Regina when she was so excited and Henry ditched her. I think that's a little too fast for a Regina redemption, but I hope she's on her way.

I'm also bummed that the Enchanted Forest is so changed. And I was hoping that Grahame would be alive somehow in there ... I still miss him! Much more fun than August.

I had the same thoughts about the man in the opening sequence of the season--that he's either Baelfire or Henry's dad. But I think he's too young to be Baelfire. He went through the portal to our world when he was 14, but Rumple had already become himself when Snow was a girl. Even if his age was frozen for 28 years, he's still too young.

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I miss him too. :( I want Jamie Dornan back!!! I mean, I like August, but I prefer Graham.

18. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    I keep thinking "Princess Mary" too . :p

NYCitygurl likes this.
  19. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    Princess Mary? *googling* Ahh, The Tudors.

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    If you're interested in that period of history (and don't mind the occasional historical inaccuracy :p ), it's a great show. I thought Sarah Bolger was fantastic as Mary, so even though I'm not a huge Aurora fan, I still love her.

21. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Oooo another bad guy into the mix! I like it! I was actually thinking last week that I didn't think we had enough of the bad guys from the fairy tales yet so I'm pretty pleased with this week's episode. I don't particularly care as much about the Storybrook stuff right now and am disappointed that this Snow/Charming split now means we don't get to advance both their stories weekly, but I guess perhaps it will cause the show to last longer which I would like. I geeked out during this episode probably because I've been spending too much time with my 2 yr old nephew and watching Jake and the Neverland pirates...I need a life.

22. Katya Jade

Jan 19, 2002
    Yeah, Tudors is awesome. If nothing else, watch it for Henry Cavill- yummy.

I can't believe I didn't peg him as Smee in the tavern. Duh. I knew Cora had something to do with that part of the Realm not being affected by the curse, but I'll be interested to see how that plays out.

I am bummed about the Snow and Charming split too but I guess they have to fill up the season somehow.

Oh and thanks to the writers for giving us Charming in a wife beater. Yummy yummy.

23. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I loved the Hook story. And I didn't catch that it was Smee.

As for Bae, what if he actually got transported to Neverland, and became Peter Pan?

As for Belle and Rumpel, I loved that he gave her the library, just like in the Disney film. And yay for potentially future Belle/Ruby adventures!

And based on next week's preview, OMG WHALE IS DR. FRANKENSTEIN.

[​IMG]

24. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    That's pretty much what I think every time we get one of these shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I can't watch the Tudors, especially not after taking a course in the Tudor Monarchy. I can stand the occasional historical inaccuracy, but I can't stand the huge glomps of historical inaccuracy that they engage in...two sisters combined into one, marrying the wrong king, and killing said king when no sister ever killed any king? I...can't. However, there is a small bit of me that continues to be morbidly interested, but I'm afraid it's going to make my blood boil and cause me to yell/throw things at the screen...

Anyway, sorry...back on topic.

I loved the Storybrooke storyline this episode! Belle was awesome and I'm glad she stood up to her father and Rumple and yes, I love that he gave her the library too!

Mila annoyed me so much. What a b****. She cheats on Rumple, then abandons her son? I'm kind of okay with Rumple killing her. I don't blame him, after what she did.

Interesting that Hook is teaming up with Cora!

I would love it if Bae was Peter Pan, but I'm kind of still hoping for him to be Henry's dad...haha.

Just wanted to share this gifset of the OUAT characters paired with their Disney movie counterparts. :) It's awesome!