Amph ABC's "Once Upon a Time"

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Show Spoiler
    Well, yeah, but I would still think that Cora's going to put it in the box at some point. But maybe not.
  2. Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Show Spoiler
    While it's a leap to believe that Hook can steal a heart, I'm willing to believe it...mainly because Hook's lover, Mila, had her heart taken from her in front of him and he hangs out with Cora...so perhaps Hook is just at that point in his evilness where he is able to take a heart. Perhaps you don't need magic lessons so much as pure evil intent?

I think that Cora hasn't put it in the box because she's able to control what Aurora says when she has it in her hand. I also think that Hook, if he did take her heart, took it while Aurora was sleeping. Grahame was able to help people despite Regina's wishes because Regina wasn't controlling him, since she had his heart locked away. Perhaps she wasn't aware you could control people using their hearts.
  3. Jabba-wocky Force Ghost

star 8
    It is Probably (open)
    An issue of active control. One has to be actively handling it to exert any influence over actions, and it becomes impractical and unwieldy to do this for multiple people, or even for one single person for extended periods of time. So at some point, you just put it in a safe place, and run the risk of having the person do something you didn't intend, banking on the fact that you can always correct it later.
    Last edited by Miana Kenobi, Nov 28, 2012
  4. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  5. Juliet316 Force Ghost

star 8

Hit the reply button and you can see the spoilery text.
  6. Jabba-wocky Force Ghost

star 8
    Oh, crap. Yeah, apparently you can't use apostrophes.
  7. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  8. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    Hook sounds so much like The Disciple from KOTOR 2 I had to look it up to see if it is the same person(it's not).
  9. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Show Spoiler
    Okay, glad they explained how Hook was able to get Aurora's heart. Overall, had some good wrap ups in the episode. :( for Regina that they didn't invite her to dinner. I know she was the evil queen and all but, at least an invitation would have been nice!
  10. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Show Spoiler
    Soooo... why didn't Hook just stick his hand in this magic water?
    Sith-Lord-Gunray likes this.
  11. s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod

star 7
    spoiler (open)
    Yeah I thought that was what Cora meant at one point that she was going to allow him to heal his hand. So Cora said she doesn't keep her heart inside her, I'm wondering if perhaps Hook has found a way to steal her heart and is somehow bringing it to Emma as a final peace offering and that's how they'll defeat her. I liked how we got several answers to things in this episode and I'm excited that Mulan and Aurora are not done and are going to try to save Phillip.
  12. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Show Spoiler
    Roommates and I have decided that if Mulan and Aurora find Phillip, they're either going to demand living in a 3-some couple or the two of them are just going to hook up.
    ma_petite likes this.
  13. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
  14. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    Just speculation - if Cora's heart is somewhere else, what if someone else is controlling it?
  15. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Ooooooh brownie points to SLG. :D
  16. ma_petite Jedi Master

star 3
    If that is the case then I hope it is Gold as the very evil mastermind behind everything.

(mobile sock of s65horsey)
    Miana Kenobi likes this.
  17. SoloKnight Jedi Master

star 4
    My thoughts after this episode:
    Show Spoiler

I really do not miss Charming. Like. At all.
    Maybe it's just because I grew up with Xena and Gabrielle, but Mulan and Aurora seem rather into each other. Seriously, that whole "Is this your first time?" when putting her heart back in. ANd then when they leaned in, I honestly thought they were gonna kiss for a moment.
    Regina saved everyone and then no one invited her along to dinner? Oh, that sad sad look on her face.
  18. Narutakikun Jedi Knight

star 4
    Catching up on this show on Netflix (Still in early season one). Really enjoying the show - a lot more than I thought I would. Henry kind of annoys me sometimes, and I could take or leave Emma, but like many genre pieces, it's the villains that make this show - Lana Parrilla as Regina, and of course Robert Carlyle, who I've enjoyed watching since Trainspotting.

Anyone who wants some good commentary might want to subscribe to the SQPN Secrets of Once Upon A Time podcast, too.
  19. Valyn Jedi Master

star 8
    So with the reopening of Fantasyland in Disney World's Magic Kingdom, my work was visited by the actor and actress that portray Prince Charming and Snow White from this show. Snow came to our restaurant and had dinner at a relatively secluded table near the back, next to a pair of anamatronic elephants. Only myself and a I few other employees recognized her. Apparently not many of my coworkers have even heard of this show.
  20. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
  21. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
  22. Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus

star 8
    Last night's episodes had some pretty funny lines.

Show Spoiler
    So logically, all they would need to do is have Cora!Regina go near Pongo and have him freak out and then real Regina go near Pongo and be all sweet and have someone (who will probably be either Emma or Henry) figure that out.

And I thought they killed Jimminey! I was so sad!
  23. VadersLaMent Chosen One

star 9
    SPOILS! (open)
    I was quite glad he lives on and look forward to Regina having a talk with him after at some point. I also look forward to a possible wizard's duel between Regina and her mother. I hope they spend a little extra cash on the special effects.
  24. Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Show Spoiler
    I was sooo worried they'd offed Hopper! I did an eye roll that Regina was sitting in her car not 20 feet from the bus stop and no one noticed? Uh huh. I hope they don't drag this out too long though. Not having Cora and Hook interacting with everyone is going to be boring.
    s65horsey likes this.
  25. Narutakikun Jedi Knight

star 4
    What are the spoiler tag rules for this thread?

Anyhow, a few thoughts:

Lana Parrilla is an amazing actress. This show really should be a starmaking role for her.

The actor who plays Henry is visibly growing up throughout this season. They probably ought to deal with that in-story somehow.

Show Spoiler
    Emma bought the dog's memories a little too easily. There was plenty of evidence against Charming in the whole Kathryn thing too. In addition, though I don't think he's lying here, she trusted Mr. Gold a little too easily.

Why did the dog's memories not include Regina!Cora knocking Archie out, dragging in John Doe, disguising him as Archie, and dragging Archie out the door?

How did she get Archie out the door and into the hold of Hook's ship, anyhow?

Snow was kind of a doofus in the past. Seriously, Regina told you outright that she hasn't changed and shouldn't be trusted. What possible reason did you have to doubt this?

Rumpelstiltskin truly is the master of puppets. He played Regina - and Snow - like a pair of fiddles in this episode.

The Blue Fairy is a really lousy shot.

One wonders why Regina doesn't seem more concerned about who's setting her up.