main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abe Lincoln + Vampire Hunter = Greatest Book Ever

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Jedi_Johnson, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    [image=http://nerdsoftheroundtable.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/abe_lincoln_vampire_hunter.jpg]

So in my journey across the web I came across what could be the greatest book to come out this year entitled Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. And yes this is a real book it ships tomorrow. From what I can tell its from the same publisher that did Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. And to be honest it looks to be hilarious. Here's the excerpt Amazon had:

Indiana, 1818. Moonlight falls through the dense woods that surround a one-room cabin, where a nine-year-old Abraham Lincoln kneels at his suffering mother?s bedside. She?s been stricken with something the old-timers call ?Milk Sickness.?

?My baby boy?? she whispers before dying.

Only later will the grieving Abe learn that his mother?s fatal affliction was actually the work of a vampire.

When the truth becomes known to young Lincoln, he writes in his journal, ?henceforth my life shall be one of rigorous study and devotion. I shall become a master of mind and body. And this mastery shall have but one purpose?? Gifted with his legendary height, strength, and skill with an ax, Abe sets out on a path of vengeance that will lead him all the way to the White House.

While Abraham Lincoln is widely lauded for saving a Union and freeing millions of slaves, his valiant fight against the forces of the undead has remained in the shadows for hundreds of years. That is, until Seth Grahame-Smith stumbled upon The Secret Journal of Abraham Lincoln, and became the first living person to lay eyes on it in more than 140 years.

Using the journal as his guide and writing in the grand biographical style of Doris Kearns Goodwin and David McCullough, Seth has reconstructed the true life story of our greatest president for the first time-all while revealing the hidden history behind the Civil War and uncovering the role vampires played in the birth, growth, and near-death of our nation..

And even better, the publishers created a YouTube trailer for the book. I swear, I am not making this up. I couldn't help but laugh when I watched the trailer.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter Trailer

2. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    Better then Battle Pope?! :eek:

3. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Of course... Lincoln is American. [face_flag]

:p

4. Spider-Fan

Spider-Fan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2008
    But he doesn't have Jesus for a sidekick. ;)

5. Aytee-Aytee

Aytee-Aytee Jedi Master star 5

Jul 20, 2008
    You know what would be cool?

Abraham Lincoln fighting vampires in bullet time.

Oh...wait...

6. Neo-Paladin

Neo-Paladin Jedi Master star 4

Dec 10, 2004
  7. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    LOL, I love it.
    Have you seen this-
    [image=http://www.harpercollins.com/harperimages/isbn/large/8/9780061976018.jpg]

8. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I want to read this.

This=made of win.

=D=

9. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    While I think this trend is wearing thin this does look freaking hilarious.

10. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    There is also Sense & Sensibility & Sea Monsters

[image=http://xophe.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/sense-and-sensibility-and-sea-monsters.jpg]

11. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I've read both Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and just finished Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters. I will likely own Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter before the morrow.

12. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    more lulz
    [image=http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TlV2F4EqL._SS500_.jpg]

13. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Pride and Prejudice and Zombies was a disappointment, not that I was expecting much. It's a book built around a running gag that wears out its welcome in about 15 pages. If I didn't already know the Pride and Prejudice text it might have been more more fun.

That's why Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter might a better story if it's 100% original text rather than a timeless classic interpolated with zombie gags.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That trailer is pretty good. I'll be looking for this when I'm at the bookstore!

15. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    The trailer was....very bizarre but funny.

I do want to know what editing effect they use when they have black and white with another color in the same frame though.

16. Natasi

Natasi Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2008
    This was on my radar awhile back but somehow the date sneaked up on me. Any book that has its own ******* trailer is okay by me.

17. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    This could also be amazing!

18. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    I sense Disney Lawyers sharpening their knives.
    [image=http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/cd/DavyJones400px.jpg]

19. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    What's next:

Amelia Earhart, Dragonslayer?

Albert Einstein: Steampunk Cyborg?

Benjamin Franklin, Werewolf Decapitator?

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is the "original" book. The rest are knockoffs (yay public domain). This Lincoln is the first new book by the same guy.

And I only like the concept of PaPaZ because plot developments being hampered by couriers getting eaten is just brilliant.

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I enjoyed PaPaZ and have already a request for this book with the library.

22. Jedi_Johnson

Apr 6, 2002
    Thanks to Amazon my copy of Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter is on its way! :D

23. Aytee-Aytee

Jul 20, 2008
    Nope.

[image=http://xf1.xanga.com/bcac07e4d7d30162055735/b122078805.jpg]
    Franklinstein

24. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    O.M.G.. I'll post this as well on the other thread running here. I can only shake my head and sigh. Hollywood folks will make a movie about any rancid, smelly turd if they think they can make some money out of it.

25. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I want to see this battle:

[image=http://www.liberateyourlincolns.com/abe_lincoln.jpg]

VS

[image=http://www.truetwilight.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Edward-Cullen.jpg]