main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abeloth, Kessel, and Centerpoint (fotj spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by BennyM, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BennyM

BennyM Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2007
    Sorry if this looks weird in advance, posting on my cell phone.

In Outcast Allana goes wandering on Kessel toward the steady feeling she has, ends up at the tomb and it's safe to say that what she felt was part of Abeolth, right? Then Allana hears the voice from the moon above her... Why would the voice be coming from there? Is there something about that moon that I'm missing?

If kessel is Abeloths tomb, what was centerpoint to her? Weapon that could destroy her? I'd like to hear your thoughts on the matter

Again, sorry if this is confusing, kinda throws me off posting on this haha

2. BennyM

BennyM Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 20, 2007
    Just had a thought, the moon allana hears the voice from is the same planet the new sith visit and find abeloth on?

Also.. Leia mentions that she thinks kessel used to be a much bigger planet with an atmosphere and blah blah, maybe centerpoint was used to destroy abeloth partially? Trapping part of her there somehow?

3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was meant to be Abeloth.

As for the moon... I don't really know the setup of the area, how Kessel is situated relative to the Maw and the planet where the Sith find Abeloth. I guess it could be the same place. The voice Allana acts certainly does seem to fit the characteristics of want and need that was associated with the "tentacle".

4. CaelumExternus

CaelumExternus Jedi Master star 2

Apr 2, 2005
    What's the deal with the garrison moon being in Outcast anyway? Was it only partially destroyed or something?

Anyway, I thought Abeloth's voice didn't come from the moon, but the sky:

"They were not from the tomb. She stared up into the pinkish sky, seeing only the distant sun and a sliver of the former garrison moon. The thought came from there."

I can see where you would interpret it as having come from the moon, because that's the last thing mentioned in the second sentence. But the "distant sun and a sliver of the former garrison moon" bit is what Allana saw in the sky; it serves as a description of the sky, but isn't relevant other than to describe what Allana saw when she looked at it. The sentence still functions without it, and still has meaning.

"They were not from the tomb. She stared up into the pinkish sky... The thought came from there."

I could be wrong, but that's what my interpretation is. And it's my understanding that the Maw is visible from Kessel, so...

5. Wordslinger

Wordslinger Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 5, 2009
    Im not at all sure, but i got the feeling the the Maw was created by centerpoint station. now that centerpoint was destroyed, kessel and the maw itself are coming apart, the latter revealing the planet the Sith encountered Abeloth on. The station the mindwalkers were on is probably connected to centerpoint too, explaining why it was in such critical condition with the alarms and stuff. bottom line, the maw was Abeloths prison, centerpiont go boom, now Abeloth is free. Or something like that. If im totally off, then i need to do some rereading...

6. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Here's something, Abeloth was an ancient Lord (hence the Kiliks and the possibility of Rattaka in sinkhole) who ruled in a similar way to Palpatine did in recent times only worse. Kessel was her home base planet, or at least where all the slaves were housed. The planet she was found on by the Sith was her home planet. The things that defeated her found out they couldn't completely banish her so they built Centerpoint and Sinkhole to maneuver Blackholes into a position that'd make it impossible for her to leave the Maw. Now that Centerpoint is destroyed, the force keeping her in the Maw is gone and she is starting to enter the Galaxy at large.

During one of the battles with Abeloth, Kessel was destroyed to the point where it is now. The winners built all the things under Kessel to prevent Abeloth from getting all the tech that she left on Kessel. Now that the destruction of Kessel was stopped in Outcast, Abeloth will have access to the things she needs to further her influence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.