main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abner Ravenwood

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn, Nov 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Are there any official pics or descriptons of this man? I could really use one.

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Don't know if this is any help;

> The character named "Fedora" (played by Young, Richard) in the credits was, in the script, originally named Abner Ravenwood, Marion Ravenwood's father and Indiana's mentor who was mentioned in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981). ( Last Crusade Trivia)

Also this page suggests Abner will appear in Indy IV, but I'd take that with a grain of salt.

And here: ...studied at Chicago under Professor Abner Ravenwood (perhaps modeled after the Oriental Institute?s James Henry Breasted).

He probably pops up in a RPG or comic somewhere, but I couldn't find any reference to such an appearance... :(

This is the closest I got...

3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    Thanks JP.

Since there appear to be no actual views of Abner, I guess that makes my job a little easier - make him up. :D

4. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Well there were a few episodes of Young Indy where he is studying in Chicago. Though I don't think Ravenwood appear, I can't be sure, my memory is a bit fuzzy.

5. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    If I remember correctly in the old Further Adventures of Indiana Jones from Marvel Comics, Indy and Marion went searching for Abner somewhere near the end of the series run. (It was about 34 issues, I think.) I don't remember if they found him or we ever SAW him though. It's been a long time and I've lost most of my old comics in moves. :( Good luck, though! :)

6. ComicDude

ComicDude Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2001
    I'm almost positive that he was described in the books as having red hair and a beard.

7. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    I bet he does appear some where

8. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    The new Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb manual features (or at least mentions) Abner Ravenwood. Whether this extends to a physical description of the man remains to be seen.

[i]For example, I knew that The Emperor's Tomb takes place in early 1935, just before the events of 'The Temple of Doom,' so any character references made towards Dr. Abner Ravenwood shouldn't contain knowledge that Indy couldn't have had (Indy doesn't reunite with Marion until 'Raiders' in 1936). [/i][hr][/blockquote]

Check the full article here;

[link=http://xbox.ign.com/articles/385/385544p1.html] xbox.ign.com [/link]

9. PMT99

PMT99 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 23, 2000
    jp-30

How can Abner appear in Indy IV when Marion mentioned in "Raiders" that he's dead?

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb is not "Indiana Jones IV", it's a computer game set immediately before Temple of Doom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.