main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abortion: Pro-Choice or Pro-Life? (v3)

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Aunecah_Skywalker, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    Of course, but the point stands. Either way, abortion rates are down.

2. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    It is a wonderful thing to be sure. It is beautiful when you give people a choice and they choose life. :) Liberty and wisdom trimphs.

3. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    It is a wonderful thing to be sure. It is beautiful when you give people a choice and they choose life.

It's not that they're getting pregnant and choosing not to have an abortion. They're just not getting pregnant in the first place, because they're using birth control properly. Except for people who have "abstinence-only" education, which is why they get knocked up more frequently and have higher rates of STD transmission.

It's beautiful when you give people a decent education and they don't screw up their lives.

4. Jedi_Cyana

Jedi_Cyana Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    And unfortunately in a lot of places, Sex Ed is frowned upon. My school, for instance, won't entertain the idea of having a class.

5. SaeseeJim

SaeseeJim Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2003
    I think the only time abortion is exceptable is when there is complications that could result in death to the mother(yes it does happen).If the mother dies you would lose more, if the baby dies and the mother lives then she can(in due time) try to have another

6. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    And unfortunately in a lot of places, Sex Ed is frowned upon. My school, for instance, won't entertain the idea of having a class

That's horrible, and negligent. Is it a private school? Where are you?

Would it be possible to organize a student group giving out educational materials and holding info sessions? I think the Red Cross does HIV education, too. I know my girlfriend was involved in her local Red Cross youth program and she went around to different schools in her area with other teens giving safe sex talks.

7. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    When you say sex ed, mean aids prevetention classes, right? Sex ed is just a class teaching kids about what sex is and what genitals are.

8. LemmingLord

LemmingLord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2005
    Right on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.