main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Abortion: Why not?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba Nekhbet, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    This seems to be a thread about moderator editing issues and the personal fantasies of others.

Is there a place where one would post a video like this:

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  2. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I thought the purple text made it clear that it was me. I and Merk are the only ones who use it, and Merk is not a JCC mod. I'll add my name next time. I've often seen mods my senior edit posts without giving a reason before, when the reason is or should be obvious to the person whose post was edited. In this case, the entire post was one sentence that was a lewd comment directed to J-rod, suggesting that he gets sexual pleasure from news that anti-abortionists might characterise as a "win" (the word "win" is mine, Darth Guy's sentence was different). Conferring with fellow JCC mod, heels1785, I suggested that the post was distasteful and did not contribute anything of substance, to which he agreed, and I subsequently removed the post's content. Now that I have basically reinstated Guy's post with prettier words, I hope my explanation is to your satisfaction.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  3. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    We all saw it the first time, Hef.

You don't have to repost it under some guise of awareness to signal boost it.

4. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I mean, if you've been a mod for... how long now? And don't know the difference between editing with "snip" and editing with "inappropriate flame" then I can't help you. No one needed a full description, but I've seen mods get corrected for not putting any edit reason at all for at least fourteen years. Seems like it should be pretty straightforward. Sorry I don't keep track of who posts in purple, I'll write it in my diary.

@Hef - I watched that and I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. You think people in abortion clinics are regularly performing infanticide on healthy babies that accidentally get delivered instead of aborted?

5. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Speaking of not understanding the point, what is your point in having this conversation? In this thread of all places? What are you trying to accomplish?

6. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Well at first I was trying to figure out who edited the post and what was edited out, since apparently the new board software allows @Violent Violet Menace to choose to edit anonymously and only notify the person he edited, which has never been acceptable for a mod to do. It devolved from there because he's never been able to just own a mistake and correct it, which would have ended the whole discussion.

I'm trying to get it back on track now. You'll notice the part you didn't quote from my post was a response to Hef's video.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  8. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    I didn't specifically intend to do it anonymously. The new forum software just says "edited by a moderator" by default.

9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    You've just made your workload unbearably large, V.

soitscometothis, vin and Boba Nekhbet like this.
  10. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Yeah. Because it wasn't relevant to my calling you out for publicly bashing a mod in the abortion thread. Just like the part of the post I didn't quote wasn't relevant to this point.

11. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    What are you trying to accomplish?

12. Outsourced

Apr 10, 2017
    Exactly.

13. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    When I see Darth Guy get edited while talking to J-Rod, I feel like I more or less know the reason.

14. a star war

a star war Force Ghost star 5

May 4, 2016
    It's about precedent. This is the same mod who thought it was all right to edit people's posts and lock the thread. It's the same kind of shadiness. Transparency must be upheld.

15. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005

In the context of late term abortions, and as attested to by those in the video, it is the practice of this clinic to instruct women in labor to immediately contact them for a potential live infanticide where no attempts will be made to help save the life of or give comfort to the just born infant.

16. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    This entire thread has turned into an abortion.

I wish the mods would vacuum it away.

17. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    I'm not sure where you're getting that. The doctor said if you deliver while you're on the way to the clinic you should still come to the clinic. That's what any doctor would instruct, since she'll need post-natal care. She said "we'll help" - she never said or implied anything about infanticide. Assuming this person doesn't have an OB-GYN, where else is she going to go? It would be irresponsible for them to tell her not to seek medical care from a physician directly after giving birth.

soitscometothis and Outsourced like this.
  18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Just curious -- but if the prognosis is for the child to struggle, painfully, to breathe for somewhere from 1 - 3 hours and then die by suffocation -- would you prefer that to happen vs. sedation methods available to any consenting adult in hospice at end of life?

19. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Typically she could also call the closest hospital, wherever her other family and neighbors deliver live babies, and see what transpires.

20. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    She should go wait in an emergency room for hours instead of going to the physician she has an existing patient relationship with who is ready to see her immediately. Gotcha.

21. Hef

Hef Jedi Master star 3

Jan 30, 2005
    Premature infants do thrive when helped to survive, given incubator (struggles to breathe), warm human comfort, etc.

22. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Or be $14,000 in the hole.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This is where there is a chance for survival -- I'm talking where prognosis is 100% fatal, post-birth. You're arguing a non-existent condition.

24. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    but, you, know, it depends on how premature, the birthweight, etc, and a lot of these extremely premature infants carry significant health issues with them into the rest of their lives IF they survive. I know it's fun to get all outraged about the margins of practice, but trying to figure out what to do at 23 weeks is an experience that only a tiny fraction of women have whether they want the baby or not and no one envies them their selection of choices, and maybe you're not qualified to judge.

FatBurt and dp4m like this.
  25. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Abortion doctors only do harm. It's part of their Hypocritical Oath.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.