main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Abortion: Why not?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Boba Nekhbet, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Maybe he does. We'd need a quote to confirm though. Where could we easily find one, even if not paying too much attention?

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    If the Republicans campaigned on making abortion illegal they'd lose right ? What was Trump's position on it in 2016 ?

3. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Yup. "Vengeance is mine" saith the Lord. Unless you're a Republican, in which case it's "off with their heads." Love me those heartland values!

If the Republicans campaigned on making abortion illegal they'd lose right ? What was Trump's position on it in 2016 ?

If you think that's why Trump got elected, you would be incorrect. He ran on economic issues, not social ones. Ironically, it's the social ones that are most likely to get him--and Republicans in general--thrown out of office. Making women slaves to their bodies is not a majority viewpoint any longer, and hasn't been for decades. Trump and the GOP ignore that at their own peril. It hasn't stopped them so far, but the harder the push, the greater the blowback.

Also, how many state seats have flipped from Republican to Democrat since 11/16? I believe this week the number hit 38, when Democrats flipped a rural NH seat that Trump won by 20 points. I don't believe abortion had anything to do with it, but clearly, his positions are not resonating with the majority of Americans. Being loud doesn't make you right, or popular.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But that's not why he won...

Yay racism!

I believe the top single-issue voting blocs in the US are:

1) Guns
    2) Abortion

I'm not sure what #3 would be...

5. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    more guns

6. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
    4) Dey took 'er jerbs!

7. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    The good news here is, most millennials are left-leaning and backed Hillary Clinton. If they become a consistent voting block, that spells trouble for the GOP.

It's a big "if", but social media seems to be changing the equation. Time will tell.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    People said that in the 60s and 70s too I'm sure.

Jedi Merkurian and Vaderize03 like this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nixon made military service voluntary in an effort to dial back the anti-war protests, and it worked.

My generation is the one that didn’t make too much noise. We didn’t protest Iraq much (OK, I did, but I am who I am) because we were not required to go based on a draft number. The economy was great when we were in our 20s. The first mass school shooting, at least the first that got much press, happened when we were in our late 20s or early 30s.

Millennials and/or post-millennials may be a generation that makes as much noise as the Boomers did. And I hope they are.

10. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    I was wondering who Snake People were until I remembered my Chrome extension that switches millenials to snake people.

Rogue1-and-a-half and vin like this.
  11. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Isn't j-rod usually against things that might suckle a nipple meant for him?

12. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    The Kentucky legislature passed a ban on D and E, a common procedure used not only in elective abortions, but also when women have incomplete miscarriages and present with vaginal bleeding (which can be life-threatening in certain circumstances). If the ban is upheld, it will force physicians to perform the more dangerous and invasive dilation and curretage (D and C), which is not in the best interest of the patient. The bill now heads to the governor’s desk for his signature.

I’ve said it numerous times, and I’ll repeat it here: if you’re going to ban abortion, punish women, or doctors. Apparently, a new bill in Ohio would do just that.

Yep. Life in prison or execution for mothers. Just let that sink in for a moment.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  13. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    what the ****

14. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    I meant to say “punish women, not doctors.”

Autocorrect strikes again!

15. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Americans' views on just about every issue basically line up with the Democratic Party. But half the country still voted for Trump because...Fox News tells them that Democrats are evil.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Why can't Christians just **** off with their beliefs? I mean, in general.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  17. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Because one best pursues personal spiritual growth through draconian legislation, the removal of all dissent and forced behavior modification. Duh.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    As Christ himself intended.

19. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    You should always tag me in posts where you mention me. It shows courage.

That said, metaphorically speaking, no nipple is just provided for me or anyone. I had to go out and get my own. Everyone does. Check the other thread for details. :)

20. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    J-Rod and heels1785 like this.
  21. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I guess I must have missed the start of this whole 'nipple' conversation and I've now decided I'm going to most definitely miss the rest of it as well.

Juliet316 and dp4m like this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, let’s move on.

Juliet316 likes this.
  23. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    The Evangelicals you mean,Or as i call them,the modern Pharisees.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Talibamericans.

25. Vaderize03

Oct 25, 1999
    Awkward to pronounce.

I prefer "Evangelocrits", myself.