main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Abortion

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by Katana_Geldar, Nov 18, 2012.

1. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Well Texas just passed that anti-abortion bill that closes most abortion clinics and women's health centers. Considering the reaction, I think the GOP just lost next year's elections.

2. Obi-Ewan

Obi-Ewan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 24, 2000
    Preventing the creation of a human being during the act of sex by placing a physical barrier between the gametes, which are human cell, and unite to become distinct human organisms, is murder by prevention.

Murder, by its very nature, requires destroying a life that already exists. Preventing the creation of that life negates the argument. You can talk about abortion being murder all you want; the argument still requires a fertilized egg. You can't murder an unfertilized egg any more than you can murder a sperm--and I masturbate on a daily basis. By that logic, a married woman is committing murder every time she menstruates, and the couple commits a murder every day they don't have sex.

VanishingReality likes this.
  3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Your argument is going to fall on deaf ears... he thinks masturbation is a mortal sin, as well.

4. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i can see that. since the billions of sperm cells in ones body all has the right to a life outside a tissue

Vaderize03 and harpua like this.
  5. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Eh, it's Texas. Not surprised here.

Wonder what the courts will do.

Peace,

V-03

6. Obi-Ewan

Jan 24, 2000
    since the billions of sperm cells in ones body all has the right to a life outside a tissue

Right, shmight. Only one or two per load ever successfully fertilized an egg.

Wonder what the courts will do.

Clearly, they think SCOTUS is now conservative enough to overturn Roe v. Wade, and they expect a fight over this bill, and that it will escalate to the Supreme Court. This is, after all, the court that castrated the Voting Rights Act. On the other hand, it's the same court that ruled against DOMA and Proposition 8.

7. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Since God is omniscient, that means he knowingly sends babies to couples that he knows will abort them. Therefore, God approves of abortion.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  8. Obi-Ewan

Jan 24, 2000
    Since God is omniscient, that means he knowingly sends babies to couples that he knows will abort them. Therefore, God approves of abortion

Wow, you really haven't listened to "Every Sperm is Sacred" have you?

"Let the Heathens spill theirs
    On the dusty ground.
    God shall make them pay
    for each sperm that can't be found."

Clearly God has souls in his possession that are meant to be given a body through each and every sexual act, and man and woman alike shall burn in Hell for every obstacle they placed between the man's seed and its natural target. Every sperm that can't be found robbed these souls of the body they needed. With the exception of miscarriages, obviously.

"Look at them: Bloody Catholics, filling the bloody world up with bloody people they can't afford to bloody feed."

9. vypernight

Nov 1, 2012
    gott love how certain people want roe vs. Wade revoked but cry and point at the 2nd ammendment if you so much as ask for any sensible gun-control bills.

10. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    God must be very pissed off at all the sperm that don't make it then. Out of the millions that are part of the average ejaculation, only a very few actually get to the egg...if the egg happens to be there. And then there's the question about whether the egg actually makes it to the next stage.

And that's putting aside the fact that there are only 30 days in an entire year that its actually possible for the average couple to conceive.

11. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    off-topic

12. vypernight

Nov 1, 2012
    Yes, because a being that supposedly created the entire universe actually cares what you, on a tiny rock spinning through the universe, are doing with your body.

13. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    off-topic and image-only

harpua and FatBurt like this.
  14. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Don't think the court will overturn Roe outright.

Gut it, yes, overturn, no.

The backlash would be unprecedented.

Peace,

V-03

15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I can see the ruling now. Times have changed. Just as racism does not exist anymore, unwanted pregnancies do not happen anymore.

16. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Brah, I know you're really into Catholic dogma, but the Church does not see contraception as murder. Contraception does not destroy a unique human life. Contraception is intrinsically evil and a mortal sin because it contravenes God's purpose for the sexual act - procreation. It is not a "murder by prevention," it is a disordered abuse of a biological function created by God for a specific reason. You of all people on these boards should understand that.

Jedi_Dajuan likes this.
  17. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    he's probably operating on some OG greek tip that you vat2s cant comprehend. probably read about it in a scroll written by some dude whose name ends in "-ius", no less

AaylaSecurOWNED likes this.
  18. Obi-Ewan

Jan 24, 2000
    Contraception does not destroy a unique human life. Contraception is intrinsically evil and a mortal sin because it contravenes God's purpose for the sexual act - procreation.

So I guess it's just as evil to have sex during a woman's least fertile time as it is to have it during her menstrual cycle when the Bible declares her unclean.

Just as racism does not exist anymore, unwanted pregnancies do not happen anymore.

I work in an urban Title I school. One day there should disabuse anyone of the notion that too many women are having abortions. I work with the kind of girls who should, but don't. The only thing that scares me more than this many unwanted pregnancies is the thought that they may not be unwanted after all.

19. Zapdos

Jan 7, 2013
    when in doubt; don't do it.
    you have to be absolutely certain that all of your sperm will make millions of babies when you have sex.

20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

This is tonight?

I guess I was too busy trying to figure out how to smuggle my tampons into the Texas state legislative building to pay attention. My bad.

God wants us to hate sex. That's why he only gave us reproductive organs for the transportation and fertilization of the egg and growth of the embryo into a baby, and no organs just for sexual pleasure.

Oh, wait...

21. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Can an institution with such a widespread, double-thumbs-up for kiddie rape condemn anything as "intrinsically evil" anyway?

Plus let's face it, the Catholic Church has been behind more deaths than abortion. Let abortion catch up before judging or is the plan to retain the lead?

Vaderize03, Jedi_Dajuan and Rogue_Ten like this.
  22. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    This isn't about all life, ES. It's about pre-life and the life immediately after conception. Bear in mind that the demographic who seethingly fight to make abortion equivalent to murder in law are the very same who seethingly fight against such things as welfare, socialized medicine, properly funded education, etc. It's not about protecting life. The voting record indicates that this demographic doesn't care what happens to the fetuses after birth, as long as they are born en masse.

I want to also point out for those arguing about the immorality of masturbation that sperm is generated on a continual basis for the majority of the human male's lifespan, whether it is used or not. It's a renewable natural resource at the most fundamental level.

Lastly, laws and human rights in the United States are not based on a theological concept of morality. Lemon Test anyone? All of this banter about wasting body fluids and immorality is moot.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "...as long as they are born en masse."

You know, maybe they have a point. Kudos to the Catholics for being proponents of the highest number of births possible, no matter the circumstances. After all, people are dying every single day and in spite of Darth Plagueis' and Voldemort's efforts, nobody has unlocked the secret to stopping this--at some point, every single person on Earth will die. Horror of horrors. If somebody doesn't make all women have babies, as many babies as her uterus can handle, life on Earth might cease to exist.

24. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    They're not that bothered what happens to them once they're out of the womb though.

Just don't hurt them when they're in there

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Then just about every man-wife couple throughout time has engaged in murder multiple times by having sex during the less-fertile times of the month as well as measures involving "good timing".

By your standard, "God" engages in murder then by "creating" infertile males and females. They have sex in an attempt to have children....but something stops it. They are unable to conceive. Murder!

Murder involves the taking of a life. You are talking about taking away the ingredients necessary. That is not the same thing. You cannot murder non-life.