main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

About a simple Dooku Costume.

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by anakin_skywalker_sct, Sep 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakin_skywalker_sct

anakin_skywalker_sct Jedi Master star 5

Apr 18, 2001
    Yeah, before you got crazy with impatience and frustration at a newbie to these parts of the forum, I checked the FAQ and the Dooku link didn't work, and I couldn't find a thread on him other than making his lightsaber in the first 10 pages of the forum. So, here I am to ask a question of you wonderful costuming folk. Hope you don't mind.

Basically, I know where I can get everything for a Dooku costume for Halloween except for the cloak and chain. Anyone got any ideas for something simple I could use for this? I'm not much of a sewer. Also, about the lightsaber, are there any Dooku sabers that retract completely or is there only the electronic one that has a big lump of the blade sticking out making it look like a candlestick.

Thanks for your help.

2. Sarlacc_Pit

Sarlacc_Pit Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2001
    Look on eBay for an Imperial Officer's uniform, as that is what he wears with a different belt....and cape, of course.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    The Rubies Dooku sabre retracts fully, and its good timing as its almost Hallowe'en, and the local Wal-Mart here has them for under $10 CDN (Probably about $6 US)

Its not perfect, they had to lose part of the curve by the emitter so the blade can full retract, but its not that bad. Like any toy, the blade is thin, and looks kinda dumb, and the handle is oversized compared to the prop.

It didn't stop me from buying one though (and a Mace Windu one)!

4. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    For the chain, you can go to a big hardware stores and look for this Darth Vader's Cape-like chain. Use the smaller one (Vader's is quite large). Then maybe get 2 round brooch that can pass off as the end of the chain. The brooch is also good for easy attachment to the cape since it got the pins.

For cape, you can try to use one of the commercial patterns meant for short cape, Just make the opening bigger and add the "padding" to the shoulder part.

Or make it like Vader's but a lot short.

Personally IMHO, Dooku's costume is another costume you can do quickly and cheaply if not aiming for 100% accuracy (50% maybe? :D ) My friend only need to dig through his wardrobe and make the cape to make his.

5. ChancellorGoauld

ChancellorGoauld Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I don't know if you have any reference photos, but I think it would be worth me mentioning that Dooku's cape has a big black stripe down the back... almost half the width of back, but centered.

6. Padawan_Learner_Yoda

Padawan_Learner_Yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 3, 2002
    Hey ChancellorGoauld are you sure about that black stripe down the back of Dooku's cape? I've only seen AOTC twice, haven't had much luck finding good photos of Dooku online, and haven't seen the 12" figure. I'm making my own Dooku costume and shooting for 85 - 90% accuracy. If you or anyone else has a good link to a photo of his cape then that would be damn cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.