main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

About da*n time! (Rebel Dream Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LanceJade, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    GoldenVeila - sadly enough I think I was doing the same thing! I was slamming my forehead on my palm saying "What is he thinking!?!" and "Yes!!!"

2. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I have a sad confession to make.

I was mildly upset all day about the whole 'Jag/Jaina' thing, after I read it that morning. I finished the book that night.

Then I read that scene three more times.

Why? I don't think I could explain that any more than Jaina could explain what it is about Jag. I don't like him, but I don't hate him.

My only possible explanation is that I'm trying to hang onto the extremely rare bits of 'romance' in the NJO books. I dunno. That's what I tell myself.. [face_plain]

* Oh, but I must say Jag was really annoying me with that "Jaina, I knew you were going to choose that target because.." stuff.

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I totally agree with you, GV. Especially about the annoying thing.

I was sooooooooooo mad when I read that. I must say if it had to be done, it was sweetly done. But he was a jerk to her the whole rest of the book, so I was kinda hacked.

I cheered up, however, when I came to that part where Kyp's thinking about Jaina. I laughed soooooooooooo hard. Here he was sitting there telling himself he wasn't in love with her when he really was...lol!

I love Kyp!!!!!!!!!

*ducks behind Infiltrator's table as thousands of sharp objects are hurled at me*

4. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    I dont know.... I think that Jag's actions and attitude are completely reasonable after the way Jaina treated him in DJ.

5. KeaJade

KeaJade Jedi Master star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    How bout this: JJD, you can have Kyp, but Jag is all Jaina Solo's.

6. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
  7. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    Yeah.. Jaina Solo can have Jag. :p I'll take Zekk, since no one else really seems to care about him anymore..

The one mention of him in Rebel Dream: "Also on the ship was Zekk, the former street urchin from Coruscant who.." etc.

8. KenixKil

KenixKil Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    just a couple of things(well, may be more):

Who cares about this lovey dovey stuff, this ain't a soap opera, its meant to be about war and survival, hense the title "Star Wars".

If i had to choose between Kyp and Jag, my answer would be easy: Jag. The reason being that at least he ain't a jedi. It seems every character in the NJO book series is a jedi. Jedi this, levitate that, healing trance this - its beginning to get right on my tits.

And one last thing, that dude that done that top ten things(its about damn time), well you missed one: bring back the bounty hunters, bring back Fett!

9. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I really wanted Jaina to end up with Zekk... oh well

10. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    Im not sure how bringing back Boba Fett could help enhance the story... Not only that, the 10 list was things that happened in RD... not that we want to happen. :)

11. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    I'm predicting a semi-love triangle including Jaina, Jag, and Kyp.

Possible scenarios I dreamed up:
    1. Kyp sacrifices himself to save Jaina and tells her how he feels. Jaina is torn b/c well... Kyp just gave his life for her but she does love Jag.

2. Jag dies... Jaina heartbroken. Falls for Kyp.

3. Jag and Kyp duke it out over her. May the best man win.

Don't beat me up for theorizing! It's all I have to do between now and May! (Ok, so I should be studying for classes and finals but I mean really... where do those rank in comparison with Star Wars? ;) )

12. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    [chanting]Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk Zekk[/chanting]

I know it's never gonna happen, but I really really really wanted Jaina to end up w/ Zekk... darn...

13. LanceJade

Mar 26, 2001
    You seem to be in a chanting mood.

14. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
  15. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    Yeah.. Jaina Solo can have Jag. I'll take Zekk, since no one else really seems to care about him anymore..

ZEKK'S MINE!!! you can't have him!!! he's been mine for years!!! :p

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

16. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Destiny_Skywalker, I really like all of your scenarios. :D

And to whoever's hacked about the love situtation, what would SW be without it? I mean, what would the OT be with out Han and Leia's relationship? Love gives us a break from all the action and lets us in on the character's lives. If we weren't, then would we care who won the war?

17. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    I'm in agreement with Destiny_Skywalker and JJD. As Wedge said after his family arrived on Borleias, "A moment ago he'd had nothing but a mission. Now he had a future again, a future he could hold to himself, a future he could squeeze and hear and smell." IMO It seems to be the underlying theme in RD. My question is, "Where's Winter and Gavin's family?"

18. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    winter and Tycho are married, aren't they? Tycho was there, but she wasn't.

I have no idea about Gavin's family.

19. Darth_Infamous

Darth_Infamous Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    XenixKil...if you don't want to read about JEDI go and read the X-Wing series then. Star Wars is about the JEDI as it is about Romance as it is about the story of the Droids as it is about the ultimate triumph of good over evil. The freakin series is called THE NEW JEDI ORDER for pete's sake. Of course there's gonna be a main focus on the JEDI...sheeesh

20. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    About damn time ?? This is probably the most forced relationship in the NJO and is the only thing I didnt like about RD. It seems to me they rushed things, but hell, that should make all of the Jag marks happy. ;)

21. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I totally and completely agree with DVader. duh. It was incredibly rushed, and I'm hoping it's for the reason ReaperFett says it is: JAG IS GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    the third scenario!!

Jag and Kyp duke it out!!
    and...
    amidst the fighting, Zekk returns, and sweeps Jaina off her feet, whilst the other two fight, unrealisingshes gone, hehe

23. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Nov 27, 2001
    Zekk/Jaina wishers unite!!!!!!!

24. GoldenVeila

Aug 16, 2001
    Tahiri-Solo : Hehe. :D Yeah!

Nike- Yeah, well I've liked Zekk for 'years', too. :p Although we must remember, he *is* a fictional character after all. As much as one hates to admit it sometimes..

25. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Kyp may be fictional, but he is MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.