main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

About da*n time! (Rebel Dream Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LanceJade, Mar 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    If you guys have read beyond the kissy scene, Kyp analyzes his feelings towards Jaina and realises that he doesn't love her. I don't think Kyp is going to die. I am a little worried about Lando,though. AA did a great rehab job on him, and it was very amusing, almost as funny as the blob races.

I think that Jag is being presented as being annoying in the same way that Han was a bit insufferable and annoying. His actions are being logically explained and Jaina doesn't seem to find him as irritating as before.

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    Tuna, Tuna, Tuna! Can't you see that he was trying to convince himself he doesn't love her when he really does? Duh! It's gonna come to something, I know it. That was foreshadowing if ever I've seen it.

3. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Tsavong_Lah

- I think that we actually do see Lowbacca for a few moments while they are retelling the story of Dark Journey to everyone.

4. Darth Tuna

Darth Tuna Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 1999
    Don't you think Kyp dying to sacrifice himself for the Jaina is way too obvious a plot ploy? Besides, Kyp has lots of plot possibilities now that he's been rehabilitated, but Jag pretty much exists to become Jaina's consort.

5. GoldenVeila

GoldenVeila Jedi Master star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I can see it going either way right now, as far as Kyp dying or not. The New Jedi Order, as much as I like at at times, can be so depressing! Everything I didn't want to happen in a Star Wars book, as well as many things that I did want to happen. I wouldn't be able to stop reading it if I wanted to, but killing Kyp? He has replaced Anakin as my favorite (living) male character, so I would be really mad. I've only now been able to mention Anakin or re-read scenes with him without feeling a twinge of sadness and regret that they had to kill him off like that. What is up with this, kill every character that starts to show potential, as well as kill every character that starts to lose their potential or is too hard to write? (Chewie, Lusa, possibly Raynar..)
    Didn't Denning *want* to kill off Kyp, but wasn't allowed to? I hope that enough people decide there is still a reason for him to stick around. (as character popularity obviously doesn't matter to them :mad: )

6. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    He wanted to kill off Kyp but COULDN'T? Damn... So close, yet so far....

j/k

7. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    *chants*
    zekkzekkzekkzekkzekkzekkzekkzekkzekkzekkzekk
    *end of chant*

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    That's what he said in the interview. Maybe he'll make it through the NJO after all!

Nike, you're a riot.

9. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    Tooo bad we just didnt kill him. Now Im actually starting like the guy.

10. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    i've always been a closet kyppie :)

11. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    Nike, you're a riot.

i'm so glad i amuse you JJD :)

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron