main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

About Dark Empire 2's reprint . . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Excellence, Jul 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I didn't realise Dark Horse had a forum, so when I peeked around it was fortuitous luck I found this piece. With all the recent news about Dark Empire 1 and Empire's End being reprinted, I thought this might be informative.

I copied a post from Randy Stradley there:

Yes, sonny, there will -- eventually -- be a new edition of DE II. First, though, I have to wait until our current stocks are whittled down a bit. See, we just recently went back to press on DE II, and we still have several thousand of them in the warehouse.

So unfortunately it seems like DE2 won't be reprinted with hopefully a far better cover front for quite some time. He also commented about wanting to get the new Empire's End out "as soon as possible."

This is good news, isn't it?

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, unlike DE1, DE2 could go for a better cover (the original DE1 cover still rocks the most though).

Still, I wouldn't say it would be worth it to wait on DE2 if your already getting DE1.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    As soon as it comes out in a month, I'll hope Amazon has it. But it's a pity DE2 may not be reprinted---or was it unpopular? Reviews say it's a perfect duplicate of its predecessor.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    DE2 wasn't as well recieved as DE1, but it was still fairly well recieved. EE however, generally gets negative response, but is still needed to close the trilogy out.

DE2 isn't getting reprinted yet simply because there are still tons of copies "in stock" at places from it's previous printing.

5. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    EE was also haphazardly reduced from 6 issues to two. It made for a very rushed conclusion to the story.

6. snarf5181

snarf5181 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    DE II is easily my favorite -- way better than the the other 2 from the perspective of a jedi fan.

7. JoruusCbaoth

JoruusCbaoth Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2003
    DEII makes a lot more effort to fit in with the later-published continuity than DE did, that's for sure. It's not really DE's fault, considering it was written for Marvel in 1989, but then the license switched hands and it spent 2 years on the shelf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.