main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

about flyers......

Discussion in 'Archive: FanForce Activities' started by Jedi_Knight_Birr, Sep 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    i am trying to get a fan force going in my town. i have heard of people handing out or hanging up flyers. what kind of info do you put on them? I want to hand them out but im not sure what to put on them. and where are good places to put them out at? like comic shops, book stores???

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

MTFBWY

2. Corran_Horn_

Corran_Horn_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    Colleges, coffee shops, comic books shops, specialty bookshops are all good places to post flyers.

3. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    I'm currently putting mine up in comic and roleplaying shops. I keep meaning to post at the local university, but have been busy.

I tried a couple big chains, toys and bookstore, but got nixed. Apparently big business is too big to care about the customers. :(

So far, no luck.

My flyers say: Wanted

STAR WARS
    fans

to start a local Fan Force fan club, connected with others on TheForce.net

(then, my contact info)

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Try going to the ffden group in the Yahoo groups area, we have a copy of one of our flyers from back in May up in the file upload area. That should give you an idea of what to for a flyer.

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Good ideas, here, folks.

With AOTC coming out in November, I'd recommend talking to local movie shops about posting them there when the DVD comes out.

Another thing that can work is having business cards with your info on it. I know I talked to quite a few people at Barnes and Noble and at TRU who were looking at SW stuff, and I wished that I had cards or mini-flyers to hand out with info. Basically look for places where people might go for SW type stuff. :)

6. Southernjedi

Southernjedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Obey Wann,

The cards are a pretty good idea. You can leave those lying around in bookstores, etc., for people to find.

(Plans to run out after work late tonight to Wal-Mart and buy blank business cards.)

7. StarFett

StarFett Jedi Master star 2

May 28, 2002
    Here is a flyer I made for our fan force's meeting this month as an example of how one could look.
    BTW let me know what you all think-

----------------------------------------
    Attention Rebel Scum!
    Oh, and you Imperial dogs to?

The Alaska Fan Force will be holding a
    Star Wars Fan Force and Gaming meeting November 24th at the Spenard Boscos.

This meeting will last from 4pm-6pm at this location. After the meeting the group will go out for food and drinks.
    The Gaming and Meeting session is completely free.
    (Bring money with you if you wish to eat.)

{insert image here of an AT-AT fighting a rebel fighter}
    -----------------------------------------

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.