main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

About Hutts...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gennosuke, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gennosuke

Gennosuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    Is Jabba a typical specimen or is he someone who let himself go? I'd been contemplating a fic revolving around a Hutt who, their equivalent of a young adult is slender, can move quickly without the need for a repulsorlift and considers obese Hutts like Jabba as going soft. Is this completely non-canon?

2. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    In general, Jabba was actually quite active as a Young Hutt (he was even a mercenary at one point) and there's other examples of Hutts who aren't morbidly obese. There was even a Hutt Jedi Knight at one point.

However, Hutts generally regard their immense size as signs of status and wealth. They're a very long lived race that prizes cunning and luxury over physical strength/courage.

Your fellow would hardly be impossible but he'd be more than slightly "off" from his fellow hutts.

3. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Aren't slimmer Hutts considered sickly ?

4. _Kris_

_Kris_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2006
    The skinny Hutt outta Darksaber was considered quite the freak by the rest of his species wasn't he? [face_thinking]

5. Jedi_Master_Luc

Jedi_Master_Luc Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Wasn't that on account of his birthmarked face? Or am i remembering the wrong Hutt?

Master Luc

6. Lumiyas_Head

Lumiyas_Head Jedi Master star 2

Jul 10, 2007
    The birthmarked faced Hutt was Durga. And yes, he was considered a freak who should've been terminated after his birth however, his father saved him. I seem to remember the skinny Hutt too. Wasn't he Durga's servant?

7. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Durga and Jiliac (Jabba's aunt/uncle) also had a fight in A.C.Crispin's Han Solo-trilogy and boy were they moving fast.

8. Lawlbringer

Lawlbringer Jedi Youngling

Aug 1, 2007
    Wasn't there a nice Hutt chancellor?

9. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    Blotus the Hutt ruled the OR for 275 years some eightthousand years BBY.

Vote for Blotus. :)

10. Darth_Shpydar

Darth_Shpydar Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 31, 2006
    :p

11. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    IIRC, even the fat, lazy-looking ones like Jabba are still immensely strong (and blaster-resistant!) despite their apparent lethargy.

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    *fixed

13. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    Jabba's bling should've been a Credit sign, not a dollar sign.

14. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    Young Hutts get around on their own slime without repulsor sleds. Queen Jool is quite slender for a Hutt. She also doesn't drool.

Zorba the Hutt had a long braided beard. Unclear whether it was false or not, but he evidently thought it suited him. He also eschewed the repulsor-sleds.

More research needs to be done on Hutt sexuality. Do they choose a sex before or after reproducing? Do they prefer to self-fertilize, for dynastic reasons? So many details to be clarified before my own magnum Hutt opus.

15. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    Let's also not forget Beldorion, who in addition to being anomalously Force-sensitive, was a lean, muscular warrior.

His beard was real, the result of a recessive genetic trait. Jabba also had hair when he was younger, but it all fell out as a result of his depravity.

16. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Don't worry. That'll be fixed in the SE.

17. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    I think generally (with Jool as an apparent exception, unless...) Hutts identify themselves as Males except when pregnant.

John, is Jool pregnant? Are there gonna be Junior Joolies squirming around Rik's place when Cade comes back to celebrate his successful mission to the Sith Temple? :p

18. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    does that mean that Gardulla was pregnant in Episode I, or was she in the minority for Hutts by being more female. it could also be simply a hormone/lifespan thing.

- if a hutt is around another hutt, the more dominant one stays male and the other one exhibits more female characteristics.
    or
    - at certain stages in a hutt's life, it tends to be male, and at other stages, tends to be female - having to do more with age and the body's ability to determine whether it is mature and healthy enough to gestate (ie healthy hutts tend to female at some point, while unhealthy hutts might remain male (or neutered). of course some hutts who don't want to reproduce might be able to affect their health (like with diet) to stay non-female.

it is interesting that we associate this hermaphroditic species as being male unless we see the signs of it being female .. and not vice versa (kinda like with teddy bears - they are engendered as male, unless someone puts a bow or lipstick or other definitive female gender markings on it - but naked, the bear's a man, baby!)

19. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    It seems that Hutts look normal except when they are in a Special Edition, then they look terrible. But after that they go back to looking normal again. Some weird life cycle thing. Hutt DNA abhors a Special Edition.

20. sonnymyson

Dec 7, 2004
    =D= [face_laugh] =D=

Personally I think Zorba had a stick-on beard. Jool even has to stick on her eyelashes.

21. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    I now imagine Zorba with a Groucho Marx Stick on Glasses, Nose, and Mustache.

"They won't notice me if I wear this!"

22. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
  23. Matthew78

Matthew78 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 16, 2006
    I liked Beldorian the Hutt, his picture in the old EC really shows exactly what he looks like and he is very muscular and snake like in appearance, he looks healthy and is almost 12 foot long and incredible specimen in this case, his Jedi training made him appreciate being strong and healthy instead of fat and lazy like the other Hutts, somewhere along the line the entire species became pathetic and lazy and viewed being fat and bloated as a sign of status because of wealth and priviledge, where i come from it means you are a fat lazy person that is too stupid to take care of yourself properly or just dont care about taking proper care of yourself, how a species as intelligent as the Hutt's belive a weakness like being fat and lazy as sign of strength is astounding, very stupid and foolish thinking, Beldorian had it right being strong and healthy is better and looks better, the Hutts are guilty of Sloth and Gluttony two of the seven deadly sins that are also the easiest two to avoid.

24. sonnymyson

Dec 7, 2004
    Oh, I don't know; If you ever read The Art of the Deal TPB you will see Hutt physicality in action. Jabba had his disgusting qualities, but weakness was not among them.

25. MasterB

MasterB Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2007
    picturing the galaxy's thinnest Hutt is like picturing the galaxy's tallest ewok!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.