main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

About Hutts...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gennosuke, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtNOWIS

LtNOWIS Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    [image=http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/8/8e/Squash.jpg]

2. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Randa the Hutt is pretty skinny.

[image=http://images1.wikia.com/starwars/images/thumb/1/11/Randa_the_Hutt.jpg/345px-Randa_the_Hutt.jpg]

3. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    Randa is just sucking in that gut for for the photo..Apparently, Randa's bought into that culture of thinness deal that the fashion mags try to push.

4. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Unlike some Hutts, Randa has two bowls by his Repulsor Sled: One full of tasty little amphibians, the other for throwing them up into.

5. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    I also saw some skinny young Hutts in the background scenes of Dark Times number 3 and 4. Obviously juveniles; nearly walking on their tails.

6. Gennosuke

Gennosuke Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2007
    Maybe the fat Hutts are strong and tougher than they look but part of me keeps pointing out how Jabba was finally laid low- your slave girl strangling you is kind of an embarrasing way to check out, isn't it?

On an unnrelated note, does anyone else think the pre-Special Edition Sarlacc was scarier, because we didn't know what was at the bottom of the pit looked like?

7. sonnymyson

sonnymyson Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2004
    Leia had the Force on her side. And longer arms! Not a fair pair-off at all imo.

8. CrazyHillbilly619

CrazyHillbilly619 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2007
    Beldorion has been mentioned before, but here is his wookie page:

He is probably the best precedent for your fanfic, in fact depending on the era your story is set it could even be about his Old Republic days. Good luck!

9. Senator_Cilghal

Senator_Cilghal Jedi Master star 5

Jul 19, 2003
    actually, we know Jabba was WAY fatter in ROTJ than in the Crispin books, EGAS has a quip where Han says he thinks Hutts change personalities when they get all fat and sessile, and mentions Jabba's temperament changing when he "got huge" between the Crispin books and ROTJ. This seems in part to explain why in the Prequels, Crispin books, comics, and ANH he is fully mobile (can "undulate") whereas by ROTJ his momentum is limited to "sidewinding" (acc to Tales from Jabba's Palace).

BTW, where is that funny fan pic of "Nixon" Blotus?

10. Feathered_Hair

Feathered_Hair Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2007
    Jabba had to let himself go pretty fast, though. Since in the '97 Special Edition version of ANH he was looking pretty thin and fit (for a Hutt) if you ask me. He was even moving on his own at that point.

11. Robal_Krahl

Robal_Krahl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 23, 2003
    I know Beldorian has already been mentioned, but I thought I'd post a picture:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/TheCosmicCastaway/Beldorian_Leia_Duel_TEC.jpg]

12. Valin__Kenobi

Valin__Kenobi Author: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji star 4 VIP

Mar 30, 2004
    Although in that pic he also has a really weird nose and some "Dagwood" hair sticking out the side of his head, so I'd be hesitant to use him as any sort of normative example.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.