main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST About that Episode 8 "Luke and Leia" article...

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Articulate, Dec 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    This clearly involves potential ST spoilers, even though it's not about TFA, so I put it here. Also, I couldn't find any other threads about it, in which to put my two cents, so if there is one, feel free to merge with no offense taken.

Just wondering how many people actually came to the implications this article came to, regarding ep. 8 & 9

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...-plans-around-star-wars-episodes-8-9-20141214

To me, the context in which "Luke and Leia storyline" was said couldn't be more clear. He was talking about the Saga as opposed to the spinoff films. "Luke and Leia storyline" in this conversation clearly means the storyline that everybody knows as opposed to the stories that are tangental to it in the spinoff films. It amazes me how often I read articles that are not only un-researched, but are astoundingly lacking in common sense regarding normal human interactions. To not even bring up the likely version of what he meant seems disingenuous to me.

So to anyone who is actually confused about the "Luke and Leia storyline" comment or thinks it significantly spoils anything, I'd say you have nothing to worry about and may probably be digging too deep. IMO.

2. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    That was literally the worst article I have ever read. How long does it take someone to get the point?

Darth_Articulate and HankSolo like this.
  3. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    they were obviously talking about VIII and IX, as being part of the Skywalker Saga (which is an obvious assumption) and to separate it from the spinoff movies.:p

5. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    When Luke, and Leia die, the skywalker saga ends.
    In order for the Saga to be complete at nine, Anakin's bloodline must end.

dekaneas likes this.
  6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    Not necessarily, one of the Skywalker/Solo descendants may finally bring peace (balance of the force) to the galaxy. At least for a longer time, to start a new saga maybe 1000 years ahead.

dekaneas likes this.
  7. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    That would be to unfamiliar with casual fansm Disney is more likely to spend the next forty years filling in the gaps of one to nine.

8. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    The main thing I noticed was the lack of any mention of Solo. Could mean nothing, could mean quite a bit. [face_thinking]

Darth Malgus and Kylo Ren like this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    This is being discussed in that horrid thread where all unsubstantiated horrid rumors are being discussed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.