main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST About the actors: Who do you see becoming the next Harrison Ford?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by rhymecheat, Jan 8, 2016.

?

About the actors: Who do you see becoming the next Harrison Ford?

1. Daisy Ridley

12.8%
  2. John Boyega

20.5%
  3. Adam Driver

7.7%
  4. Oscar Isaac

37.2%
  5. None of them

21.8%
  1. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agreed. Ford has effortless charisma and charm. You either have it or you don't, and he has it.

DarthAhem and MOC Yak Face like this.
  2. Sgt. Carver

Sgt. Carver Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2015
    Avatar's success may be proof of that.

3. moreorless12

moreorless12 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2016
    Not sure any of them will become as big as Ford but I suspect Oscar Isaac has the best chance of becoming very successful if he gets the right role, either in a future SW film or elsewhere. The same combination of charisma and excellent acting chops as Ford.

4. Jabberwock2137

Jabberwock2137 Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 16, 2013
    LUCKY BREAKS!!!!.....? Harry stamped his mark on a half dozen of the cornerstones of popular and sci-fi culture....Rick Decard....Indie .....Han of course......Jack Ryan.....Richard Kimble....Dr. Richard Walker.....to name but a few....
    Lucky.... you know, the more I practice the luckier I get.... (some famous golfer or other)
    By the way.....Has anyone else noticed that Oscar Isaac's built his career on playing a complete C#*t...

& none of them have the inate charisma, which Harry had in spades in his heyday

5. Colm

Colm Jedi Master star 2

May 19, 2005
    I agree with others about none of them getting to the status of Harrison Ford. That type of fame, even for already famous actors, is like winning the lottery.

6. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    You know .. looking back now, it seems that Harrison was "destined to be a star" etc etc etc. As someone who has been watching his films since the early '80s, I have to say that a large part of his success has to be attributed as well to his Indiana Jones role (for which he is/was far better known and liked than as Han Solo, back in the day). It seemed that he was at great risk of being typecast and the films he did between and after the SW saga were reflections of his attempt to establish an "outside SW" career. He wasn't that successful in "Hanover Square" and even the amazing "Blade Runner" - recognised rightly, imho, as an absolute classic SF story, had a pretty lukewarm response when it was first released. It was only after he won acclaim in "Witness" that he seemed to be taken more seriously as an actor.

Looking back now of course (and aided not a little bit by the absolutely amazing no fuss attitude he seems to display after surviving several horrific physical injuries in recent times), he is an acting legend.

So.. if you take career longevity as a marker of success - and ask, who, of the newer cast members are likely to be paid gazillions to star in SW 40 or whatever, when they are in their early 70s ... I would say that the ones with acting chops (as displayed so far) are likely to fit this bill - hence, probably Oscar Isaac and maybe Adam Driver.

Daisy Ridley is a trained singer and spent five years training in musical theatre. I would be very surprised if she doesn't get her dream role of Roxy in "Chicago" on Broadway or the Westend, after the films are done.

I hope that John Boyega will likewise have some success, but I think it is too early to tell. He can act very convincingly as an American (one of the few criticisms about his performance I've yet to read, is that he didn't nail the accent), so I think that the range of roles he can play are greater than Daisy, for instance (though she will probably surprise me).

As for the other actors were mentioned by others as examples of "stars" ...and I am really sorry that I have to type this out -... "starlets" like Margot Robbie (she can act, but her amazing appearance seems to be as well what has gotten her ahead so far in her career) are limited by their so-called self life. I would not currently put Michael Fassbender and Alicia Vikander in the same category as Chris Pratt (do you see him acting in a period British drama or "War and Peace"? no. me neither) in the same category as Robbie and Pratt. Fassbender is an acclaimed actor (Shame anyone?). Alicia is young and having a breakthrough year, but despite of whatever you may think of her, she can really ACT - that is, sell you the lie that she is the character, rather than a very attractive star, playing a character.