main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion About the age thing...best reference is Star Trek

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Guybrush, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    The problem I have with their ages is that they're too old to be the main protagonists. Supporting roles, yes. This isn't Star Trek, so stop inferring that it is. Star Wars should be a generational thing, and not the other way around. Let's not make the same mistakes as Star Trek, shall we?

thesevegetables likes this.
  2. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Already read it. They say that Hamill and Fisher will make an "appearance" because that's the only information that has been confirmed so far. I still think that Luke will be the main character. But that remains to be seen I suppose.

3. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    It also says the Story will focus on a new generation of heros. That to me does not include Luke as the main character.

4. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I really hope this information is wrong re: Luke & Leia - I've already given my reasons for why I don't think they should be in the new films (see my previous post).

And, this is bringing to mind the last three films I saw CF in: "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back" (2001), "Fanboys" (2009?!), and a more recent entertaining but cheesy B-grade horror film in which she played the den mother of a sorority house; IMHO, her appearance in all three films was either intentionally or unintentionally hilarious :D So, if she is in the new SW film, I will have a hard time containing my laughter in any of her scenes because I will be thinking of these movies...

thesevegetables likes this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Has anybody seen the way she talks nowadays? I mean, it's like she just came out of a bar. I don't know, man, I really don't. And Hamill. Sigh. I guess I have a little hope for him.

I pray...pray to god they aren't going the be the lead characters. here's hoping their kids are what this whole thing will be about.[face_praying]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.