main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

about the cancellation of the OT showing in Jersey

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by QuiDonJinn, Apr 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuiDonJinn

QuiDonJinn Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2004
    I just read the article on this site about the company who was going to show the original trilogy in a theater in jersey. They are "baffelled" as to why. Im not so sure I am so confused on the subject, but I dont know the actual reason. THE TRILOGY IS COMING OUT ON DVD THIS YEAR!!! I had the honor of talking to Jerry Seinfeld and asked him why they had not put his series out on DVD. He said (paraphrasing) that they are still making money through syndication. Well tweak that a little and that could show you why Lucas doesnt want it shown in a theater. If the movie is fresh on some peoples minds they are less likely to buy the OT when it comes out. Sure they will probably buy it later but early sales seem to be important in the market. Hell we are lucky that we have the first two out on DVD, I remember signing more than one petition to get it put out on DVD. Of course if it had come out originally on DVD there may have not been that collectors box that had the film snipet, and the book for episode !. I dont recall them putting something like that out for the DVD release of Episode 2, but maybe I somehow missed it. But it just goes to show that Lucas has his own way of dealing with the market and this move does not surprise me at all.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Drat! Was looking forward to that.

Also, on side note, another reason Sienfield isn't on DVD, from what I've heard, is because Jerry wanted like 90% of the profits.

3. JediMasterDylan

JediMasterDylan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 8, 2003
    Uh, Seinfeld is coming to DVD in the Fall. I dunno what Seinfeld told ya but the two real reasons it's taking so long are:

A)Jerry himself said in an interview last year they wanted to hunt down all the cut footage from as many episodes as they could find.

B)The studio is currently offering peanuts (compared to Jerry) to the supporting cast for commentaries. Michael Richards is the only one who has agreed to do commentary tracks so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.