About the Cubs

Discussion in 'Chicago, IL' started by Uilmuteiz, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That_One_Fan Jedi Padawan

Yes..please listen to that guy above me!

"Away put your weapons..I meant the Cubs no harm!"

Please forgive me! Now..when is the next Chicagoforce meeting? I really really really need some friends in Chicago
  2. TheExecutor Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was reading a story put out by the Associated Press, earlier today, and
    they disclosed this fans name: Steve Bartman. A story on the local news
    showed that the police had to station squad cars around his house because of
    threats. They showed the squad cars: Northbrook Police. They also gave his

With that information, I was able to find his address and phone number. I
    took me less time to do that than to write this response. Apparently,
    others have done the same, but with the intent to harass Mr. Bartman. By
    early this morning, the Bartmans' had SBC disconnect their phone number.

I saw the game, too, and my recollection was that it only affected the Cubs
    getting another out on the Marlins. The score was still 3-0, Cubs. I also
    recall quite a few people reaching for that ball. Yet, this poor guy will
    probably have to change jobs and move because a few lunatics will want to
    take it to the extreme.
  3. Jedi76 Force Ghost

star 3
    Well another year another loss wich sucks I like the cubs and they played thier asses off Florida is a good team but if the best team money can buy gets in they have no chance in hell against them. Hopefully next year the cubbies will be back. If I was that fan I would get out of chitown never return to Wrigly I know its the friendly confinds but some people wont understand that I hope hes ok what he did was dumb but its not worth doing something extreme to him over it
  4. Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA•

star 6
    I heard on the radio that the fan was a youth baseball coach, attending Cubs training camps on a regular basis, and some other things that would, under normal circumstances, make him a super fan...it's just sad. That, and in the end, he didn't even get the ball.
  5. Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Master

star 4
    Keep your head up The_One_Fan. Things may look bad now but they will get better.

The bottom line is that the Cubs still had a chance to win that game but lost due to poor pitching and fielding (as stated above). On top of that, they still had Game 7 to win but didn't do it then either.
  6. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    the curse of the goat continues!!!!

muahahahahahaha!!!
  7. Hawk-Bat Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah. I was almost thinking if we won or lost the fans were gonna track down the decendants of the goat and the farmer and saluter them both.
  8. Amber_eyes Jedi Master

star 4
    Farmer? Brush up on your Chicago history, boy! The owner of the original goat was Sam Sianis, owner/operator of Billy Goat's Tavern under Michigan Avenue by the Tribune building. He tried to take the goat to a Cubs game (bought a ticket for it too) but was told he couldn't take is in because it smelled. He promptly put a curse on the team that lasts up to today.

(BTW, the Cubs lost that series and Sam sent them a telegram that said "Who smells now?")
  9. darthgoat Jedi Master

star 4
    and no i am not related to the original goat.

however, i AM related to mrs o'leary whose cow is alledged to have started the chicago fire. the real fire not the soccer team. :)
  10. Mos_Eisleian_Radio FanForce CR Secretary Chicago IL US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Y'know, Star Wars fans have a lot in common with Cubs fans. We Star Wars fans keep hoping George will make a movie as good as the original trilogy. Things seem promising based on pre-publicity. Even while watching there are parts that are fantastic. But, in the end it gets bogged down with mistimed ideas. And we keep thinking that maybe he'll get it right in the next movie. Of course, there are no more movies after Episode III.

Phil
  11. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Does that mean the Cubs are moving to Charlotte after next year?
  12. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Oh come on Mos Eislian Radio, George isn't that bad.. but I have to admit I like the analogy there.

Still, I'm convinced that we are judged on all the actions we've taken in our life and not only on a few of them. the cubs will grow up and they'll win eventually.

of course that fan is indeed in trouble for the next couple of years, and I'm sure he'll never be admitted in Wrigley's stadium again, but I mean come on, don't you all remember that "grounded for life" episode where the Exact same thing happenned ^-^

he'll live.
  13. That_One_Fan Jedi Padawan

of course that fan is indeed in trouble for the next couple of years, and I'm sure he'll never be admitted in Wrigley's stadium again

:eek: Oh..Do you really think I'm screwed for that long???? :eek:

No more Wrigley for me? :_|

In that case I may just take Florida up on their offer to shleter me there for a while.

Oh Great Chicago..I love thee sooo much!
    Why are u doing this to me?? I'm so mad that I'm gonna find a way to 'foul' up Episode III!

Chicago..you label me a ruiner...so therefore I will be a ruiner!!!

14. JodoKast74 Jedi Master

star 4
    In the Sun Times editorial section, someone wrote in that the "Foul Line Fan" was not a true Cubs fan. A true Cubs fan would have been on his cell phone!! :p
  15. Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling

star 4
    All I know is: until this month, the cubs and I were tied for playoff victories in the past decade. Now, they've got six more than I do.

I'd say they did a Hell of a job this year. It was heartbreaking to see them get so close and fall short, but who can really call this year a disappointment?

Go Cubs.

-Le Penguin
    "Lemme hear ya!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.