main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

About the Gentle Giant scans?

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I'm not sure if this correct, but I heard that Gentle Giant would send a picture out to everyone who got scanned. Is that true, or is it just those who were selected to actually have a model done who are getting something sent to them?

2. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 19, 2002
    Fluke_Groundrunner,

If I remember correctly, each person who got their head scanned would be sent a color scan of themselves. however, I'm more interested on who actually got their likeness sculpted onto a Jedi mini-bust!

That thing was cool! Being that they were only doing it for 2 days and with like 120 people, just the fact taht you were getting scanned just like Lee, Portman and McGregor were. Plus, it finally gave me a chance to see myself with a fully 3D head in the computer (well not quite, as each head scan only coveredfrom below the chin and cut off part of the top of my hair, but still, cool!)

3. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    It cut of my hair too, but they took my picture so maybe they can fill it in somehow.

4. ObiWanJane

ObiWanJane Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 1999
    My boyfriend bought one of the Mace Windu busts. We were impressed with how much it looked like Sam Jackson. This appears to be the future of action figure/bust production.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    my brother recieved his picture of his head scan today, it was a black and white laser print-out. Big deal, I thought it was going to be in color.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.