main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

About the new ROTS poster

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    I noticed that on the online store that its double sided meaning the reverse picture is on the back. How will this look without a light? I have the other 2 prequel posters that have the watermark, but the back is plain white. I just ordered the ROTS poster and will get it professionally framed, but am nervous it will look like crap if it doesnt have a back light? And it doesnt look like the online store offers the other type like I have. Can anyone clearify this for me. Much appreciatted.

2. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    It will look just fine without a light.

In fact, the only time you'll really notice a difference between a single and double-sided poster is when you put a light behind it.

I do agree, it's a bit of an odd choice, considering they were selling single-sided ones last time...but for the sake of your collection, this one should look just fine next to your others.

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thx buddy.

4. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
  5. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I ordered it too! I have all the other posters Teaser and Theatrical for TPM and AOTC. I have reprinted posters for the OT.
    Yeah, don't worry about the double-sidedness of the posters, they will look fine in a frame. Perhaps you can put a piece of white paper behind the poster, it may make things a bit brighter, but it won't make that much of a difference.

6. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I was thinking of waiting for the official one-sheet to come out like they did for TPM and AOTC, with the watermark on the back. Does anyone think that I am making a mistake and that this will be the only official release of the poster?

7. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    I don't think this would be the only release, spook.

8. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    "I was thinking of waiting for the official one-sheet to come out like they did for TPM and AOTC, with the watermark on the back. Does anyone think that I am making a mistake and that this will be the only official release of the poster? "

See this is what has me stumped, last 2 times they released both. The Watermarked version and the double sided? I loved at the HQ version of the poster and it has all the same markings, even the version B title. I'm wondering if they are just doing this type this time.

9. Koto-Ogami

Koto-Ogami Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2003
    This -is- the official one-sheet release. For TPM and AOTC the official site sold only a watermarked, single sided version. For ROTS they are selling a double sided version. Its just as official as before, maybe even moreso.

The double sided ROTS one-sheet will look FINE in a normal frame. Its single sided posters that suffer when shown backlit (since they only have color on one side), not double-sided posters shown normally.

10. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Me and my Cousin are going to buy two,one for autographs at C3,which we will frame,and another for just having the poster

11. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    I'm planning on picking up one, myself. It would look so great next to my Episode II one....If I would ever get my Ep II one back. :( I left my Episode II posted at my good friend's house before they moved, because his girlfriend has access to get it laminated. Well, sadly enough, they moved recently, and now my posted is "missing". Damnit!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.