main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN About Time!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by RogueNine, Jun 19, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueNine

RogueNine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000

The Episode I -- The Phantom Menace DVD is finally coming!! Woo-hoo! Can't you tell that I'm just a bit overwhelmed?! I'm sorry -- I just don't know what to say...getting choked up...*sniff*

2. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Yay!!!! :D

Too bad I don't have a DVD player... [face_plain]

~*~Bria

3. Keiran_Halcyon

Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2001
    You crack me up Bria, you and Lando deserve each other :D That is if you can find a Lando_Calrissian on the boards. Back to the subject, I have the movie so I wouldn't get it for DVD not to mention my sister wont let me touch her brand-new laptop that has a DVD player.

4. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Hey, R9! Good to see you back! :D

I'm excited about the DVD as well!

5. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Yay! And it looks to be quite packed with bonus materials! :D I'm a happy man! :D (Maybe in the director's commentary Lucas will explain why he put in so much Jar Jar)

And like Mara said, good to see you back R9!

6. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Here's a link to an interview with Lucasfilm's Jim Ward about the DVD from DVDFILE.COM

www.dvdfile.com/news/special_report/q_and_a/ward_jim/index.html

The Digital Bits also has a different interview with Jim Ward, a little info about a possible 2-disc "Willow:Special Edition" DVD also releasing this fall, and speculation that a DVD of SW:ANH might be released in time for the 25th anniversary next year. Time will tell. Here's the link:

www.thedigitalbits.com

Doh! I just noticed that theforce.net also has links about both of these things. I looked at theforce.net last. I just check those two sites regularly for DVD news and happened to see the stories. No biggie I guess.

7. Vader2000

Vader2000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 1999
    Yay!!! TPM DVD! It's about time ONE star wars movie gets DVD treatment. I'm very glad Lucas did a commentary. Spielberg has yet to do a commentary on any of his movies yet.

8. JediGemini

JediGemini Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, I can't wait! Now, if only I had a DVD player...

9. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    I don't really see the point for Speilberg to do a commentary when almost all of his DVD's have such extensive behind the scenes material. I think it would just be repeditive.

I've heard rumors the Raiders of the Lost Ark is supposed to be his first.

Besides, he's just too darn busy.

A tad weary about the Star Wars commentary. It may just be edited interviews. I really hope he actually sat down and recorded one...but there are too many paricipants on the commentary track for that to be the case.

10. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I read in an interview that the commentary is scene specific. They sat each of them down to record a commentary on each thing and later edited them all together for the most interesting stuff.

11. Jedi_XandMan

Jedi_XandMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 23, 2001
    Thanks Crummy.

Now it's must have.

Dammit, and I bought the Widescreen collectors box. Oh well.

12. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    :p to Keiran_Halcyon. I've already found my Lando on the boards, thank you very much! :D

~*~Bria

13. RogueNine

RogueNine Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2000

Thanks, MJS and SC, I'm trying to make the effort to post more messages on here -- but don't worry -- I do read the posts, so I know what at least is going on!

Other DVD news, I recently purchased American Graffiti, which has an excellent interview with George Lucas and others that helped make the movie. A recommended flick to anybody!

14. Keiran_Halcyon

Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2001
    Dangit :mad: I was going to change my name to Lando_Calrissian and ask you out :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.