main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Absence of Fear-A JA Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Renton Kenobi, Jun 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    Pull your kleenex out boys and girls
    If you thought "I Turn To You," was sad.
    Try this on for size.
    RK
    ~~~~

The echo of lightsabers clashing against eachother filled the silent hallways outlining the practice halls of the Jedi Temple. Master Qui-Gon Jinn was sparing with his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi. Both had been sparing with eachother for a good amount of time. Which was usually an allirght thing, but Qui-Gon saw that Obi-Wan was becoming tired rather quickly.

Qui-Gon looked at his padawan with much concern. He was sheet white, and sweat was pouring off him. Qui-Gon stopped and told Obi-Wan to do the same. "Obi-Wan I think we should stop for today."

Obi-Wan's brow came together. "I am allright Master." Master wiped his forehead, Qui-Gon notice that he his hand was shaking.

"No, Obi-Wan we'll stop." Qui-Gon turned his lightsaber off. "We have doen enough for today." Obi-Wan nodded, not wanting to argue anymore. Turning off his lightsaber he turned to walk away and he had to catch himself. He stood up slowly and collected himself. "Are you allright?"

"Yes Master, just a little bit tired." Obi-Wan picked up his robe and walked out of the practice hall. But before he could get out the door he braced himself up against it. Before Qui-Gon could get to him Obi-Wan slumped to the floor becoming unconsious.

~~~

2. Wizards

Wizards Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 1999
    oh no. how could you smile?

3. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Oh no please don't leave us hanging like that. Please POST MORE!!!!!

4. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    you are so WICKED! Give us more than that! We your loyal fans DEMAND it!!!

5. Katri Tai

Katri Tai Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 26, 2000
    Great now I won't be able to sleep instead of worrying about Obi-Wan & cursing the cliff-hanger

6. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    you got me hooked already.

Kim B

7. padawanmac

padawanmac Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 1999
    Ooooooooh wow! This is intriguing! More please! Pretty please?!

8. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Hehehe...
    I need to get the other thread closed.
    Katri
    I didn't mean to make you not sleep...I post I post!

9. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    "What do you mean you don't know?!?!?" Qui-Gon fumed. "You have poked and proded him all day and you don't know what's wrong?"

The Master Healer sighed. "These things happen Master Qui-Gon. We just don't know what happend." Qui-Gon glared at her. "We don't know what's wrong with him."

Qui-Gon rubbed his face with his large hand. It was so infuriating, he just wanted to hit the healer. "Is there anything you can do for him?" The healer checked a chart and then looked back to Qui-Gon. "Well?"

"We put him in bacta, to help his muscle pain." The healer shook her head sadly. "I've never seen it so bad."

Qui-Gon clenched his fists until his knuckles were pale white. "May I see him?" The healer motioned to the door behind her. "Thank you." Qui-Gon hurried into the healing ward. He saw one of the most talented healers Miaka standing next to the tank they had Obi-Wan submerged in Bacta in. Miaka had her gaze fixed on Obi-Wan. The two had been friends since they were both old enough to walk.

Sensing Qui-Gon in the room she turned and faced the Master. Her red eyes were filled to the brim with tears and her cheeks were swollen with tear marks. "Master Qui-Gon, hello."

Qui-Gon nodded in response back. "Hello Miaka." He motioned to Obi-Wan. "Maybe you can tell me something useful, these other healers are not telling me squat."

"Well..." Miaka pulled out a test form. "This is Obi-Wan's normal midi-chlorian count." Qui-Gon observed the numbers. "And this is his count taken today." Qui-Gon gaped. His count was cut in a fourth of it's normal count.

"What does this mean Miaka?" Qui-Gon asked. "What is this?"

"It's called Trighi, it's a rare disease." Miaka went to explain. "It's a virus, it is only found in species that are force sensitive. It reproduces inside the body and feeds off the midi-chlorians. Until the host is to weak to sustand the virus and it comes to the end of it's life cycle."

"Then what happens to the host?" Qui-Gon asked, almost not wanting to know the end answer.

Miaka looked back at Obi-Wan. Still looking at him. "Since it eats the midi-chlorians. It kills the host life force, until it dies, or becomes a vegtable."

Qui-Gon walked over to the tank and put his hand on the glass. Obi-Wan was unconcious, but he seemed to relax a bit since he felt his masters presence beside him. //My Padawan\\ He mentally called to him, not knowing if he was too weak to know he was talking to him.

His question was answered. Obi-Wan's eyes shot open and startled Qui-Gon. Now Qui-Gon remembered why they sedated him when they put Obi-Wan in the Bacta tank.

He didn't like the idea of confined spaces.

//Master?\\ Obi-Wan cried mentaly. //Master! What am I doing in here?\\ Obi-Wan thrased his body. //Please let me out! I don't want to be in here! Please master!\\ Miaka was allready on top of it.

"Get Obi-Wan out of there now!" The other healers pulled Obi-Wan out of the tank. Gasping for air, Obi-Wan weakly reached for his master and said his name.

"M..Master?" The healers moved aside to let Qui-Gon move to Obi-Wan. Now lying on a stretcher Qui-Gon took Obi-Wan's hand into his and intertwined his fingers between his padawan's wet and slippery ones. "What happend? I don't understand master."

Shh...Qui-Gon wiped some of the bacta off of Obi-Wan's face with his callused thumb. "Rest now Padawan, I will speak with you later." The healers went to move him but Obi-Wan reached out and cried for them to stop.

"Master...will you stay with me? Please, I don't want to be alone. Don't make me be alone." Obi-Wan cried.

Qui-Gon nooded and cupped Obi-Wan's cheek in his hand and weakly smiled. "I will be with you padawan, I won't leave your side."

Obi-Wan smiled weakly and let go of his masters hand. "Thank you Master, thank you."

"Let these healers attend to you first." Qui-Gon reassured Obi-Wan. "I will be in your room waiting, I promise you." Obi-Wan nodded and the healers took him off. Miaka walked behind Qui-Gon and put a friendly hand on him. "Twenty-Three Years old Miaka."

"I'll promise I'll find a cure Qui-Gon." Miaka told

10. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    That was beautiful!!!

11. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    How old is Obi in this one Renton????

12. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I thought I posted something on this already??!? Maybe it was on the thread you had to close? Anyhoo... I am liking this thread. I can't wait for more, I have my extra large box of kleenex at the ready!!!!!

13. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"Twenty-Three Years old Miaka."

Qui-Gon didn't know when they brought Obi-Wan to his room. But it must have been late. He had been sleeping and was wakend by the movement in his padawans room. Most of the healers had left, but a few had stayed a bit longer to recieve orders from Miaka. As the few of other healers left, Miaka sat on the bed by Obi-Wan. She took Obi-Wan's hand between hers and spoke in her and Obi-Wan's native language. It seemed to realax him a bit. Miaka turned to see that Qui-Gon was sitting in the room and nodded to him, and turned back to her patient.

She took her other hand and rubbed his hair and kissed him gently on the forehead and walked over to Qui-Gon motioning to step outside. Qui-Gon got up from his seat and walked outside. As she shut the door she turned to Qui-Gon. He could see in her eyes that she was exhausted. "What's wrong?"

"It's just awful to see him like this." Miaka rubbed her wrist chronometer. Opening her robe she pulled out a small vile of pills and handed it to Qui-Gon. "These are pain killers, keep them with you for him. Obi-Wan will probably need them."

"How did the bacta help Miaka?" Qui-Gon asked. "Did it help any?"

Miaka shut her eyes putting herself past the exhaustion. "It slowed it down some, but not more than that."

Qui-Gon sighed and looked at the vile of pills and then looked back at Miaka. "Why don't you get some sleep Miaka? You've done enough for today." Miaka looked at her chronometer.

"Maybe I can get thrity minutes." Qui-Gon shot her a look. "Hey look Qui-Gon, I'm a healer, not a knight, my clock is diffrent then yours and Obi-Wan's I've gone with 5 min for two days straight.

"Don't over kill Miaka." He warned. "I don't want you sick as well."

"Okay daddy." She smiled jokingly at Qui-Gon. But Qui-Gon didn't smile back. "Geez Qui-Gon...joke it was a joke."

Qui-Gon gave a dry smile. "I'll let you get to work healer."

Miaka glared at him and made her way back to the healer ward. And Qui-Gon walked back to Obi-Wan's room. It stabbed at his heart to see his padawan as he is. He looked over to Obi-Wan's bed that his padawan was laying on. He was curled up entangled in his comforter, in a cold sweat. Qui-Gon walked over the his padawan's side and put his hand on his padawan and rubbed his back gently. Obi-Wan turned over and looked at him. "Hi Master."

"Hello Obi-Wan." His voice tore at his heart. He sounded almost like a child. Obi-Wan went to prop himself up but Qui-Gon put him down. "You need to rest." Obi-Wan nooded and put his head back down his pillow. Qui-Gon put his hand on his padawan into a force induced slumber. "Rest padawan rest."

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    So how did Obi-Wan come down with this disease in the first place? Natural causes, or was he deliberately poisoned?

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    okay, my head is back on straight. I love this story Renton...it's my new favorite. Please post more soon.

16. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
  17. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    The poor boys.

Excellent story Renton.

18. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    I post now.

19. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Good. This such a good story.

20. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    You know you are tired when you can swear that you see the letters on the page waving at you. Miaka thought wrly. She has gone three days without a wink of sleep. Trying to find a cure for Obi-Wan.

And she was getting no where fast.

Disgusted with the latest book she tried her luck at she turned it off and threw it against the wall. "Damn it!" She banged her head against the desk.

"Frustrated you are Miaka?" Miaka flinched at the sound of Jedi Master Yoda's voice. "Exhausted you are, need your rest you do."

"But Master, I need to find something to help Obi-Wan with." Miaka retorted. "He's my friend. And I want to help him."

"Helping you think you are, by killing yourself in the process?" Miaka looked at Yoda with disgust. "Young Obi-Wan displeased with you if hurt yourself in the process. Rest you must, in order to help Obi-Wan, take care of yourself as well."

Miaka knew she would be here to ungodly hours in the morning if she tried to argue with Yoda anymore. Without saying a word more, she picked up her bag and bowed to Master Yoda. He bowed in return and wobbled out the door.

Well I won't hurt to check on the patient before I go to sleep.

~~~~~~
    I post more tonight, I promise.

21. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    More Please!!!!!!!!!!!

22. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Yes more.

23. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Okay...I do not like this new board. It took me a very ver long time to try to find this story.

I am as red as a lobster.
    And it's time for Obi-Torture!

Hehehe...That rhymes!

RK~The Scottish Jedi

24. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    Obi-Wan stirred in a painful, nightmare filled sleep. He had never felt so helpless, or had never felt that much pain. As the pain reached it's height he felt two hands touch his forehead, and the pain subsided somewhat. It was tolerable now, and he was able to relax. Opening his eyes he saw a blurred figure sitting next to him. Taking his hand, Obi-Wan cleared his vision. Giving a weak smile as he saw who was sitting next to him.

His friend Miaka sat next to him. And he couldn't be happier. Obi-Wan weakly told her. "Thank you." She smiled and took his hand into hers and kissed it gently.

"I wanted to check in on you, to see how you were." Miaka said gently feeling Obi-Wan's forehead for any sign of fever. He grined and took in Miaka's own worn appearance.

"I've been better." Miaka stared at Obi-Wan, almost as if she was looking into his soul. Her eyes always seemed to have that calming feeling to them. "Please don't tell me you are loosing sleep over this." Miaka grinned. "Miaka, don't kill youself." Obi-Wan brushed a few strands of her loose hair out of her face. "Promise me you won't hurt yourself."

"Ria no tei." Miaka whispered in her and Obi-Wan's native tounge. Which translated roughly to 'I promise.' Miaka leaned over to Obi-Wan and kissed him gently on the forehead. "Love you." Obi-Wan smiled and replied softly. He hadn't heard her say that in a long time.

"Love you Miaka." Obi-Wan gave her a hug and she pulled away. Miaka smiled at him and turned to head out the door. "Remember what you promised."

She smiled. "I will." Obi-Wan smiled. "Now, get some sleep." Obi-Wan nodded and turned over and fell back asleep more faster than he thought he would.

Miaka slowly shut the door, not to disturb Obi-Wan, and she let out a heavy sigh. Miaka had known Obi-Wan her whole life. Her and him had been best friends as long as her memory could tell. Even though now they didn't see eachother that much anymore. When they did see eachother, they were insaparable.

The day they brought Obi-Wan into the Medical Ward, Miaka saw her whole life come to a crashing hault. The thought of him becoming one with the force and her being left with out him in her life was un-thinkable scenario.

And as much as she did want to admit. She loved him deeply.

25. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Keep it up Renton, great story. By the way thanks for the FF.NET feedback !! It's is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.