main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Absence of Fear-A JA Fanfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Renton Kenobi, Jun 22, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
  2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    So sad...I just love it!!!

Hurry back Renton.

3. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  4. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    to the top !!!

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Renton..you must post....please!

6. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
    Uppity!!!

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    and up again

8. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    I'm sorry u guys...I know it's awful of me to keep you waiting like this. I will post tomorow.

9. JediRogue9

JediRogue9 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2000
    Come on Renton! I gave you two! You owe me!

10. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Need....another....post....! C'mon, were dyin here!! ;D

aa :D

11. PadawanKenobi

PadawanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    And now a reminder from our sponsors: IT'S TOMORROW. POST POST POST! :)

12. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    ack come on Renton you've got me hooked

13. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Renton, are you throwing another party? You cannot for the love of the force leave us like this....please help this poor boy. :)

14. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    No, there is no party. Work. GRRRRRRRRR!
    Anyway...I post now.

15. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    The early morning sun's heat made Obi-Wan stir in his sleep. Rolling over he opend his eyes to see Miaka sleeping next to him. She looked so peaceful as she slept. A lock of loose hair fell in her face and Obi-Wan quickly brushed it back so as not to disturb her. He moved his ailing body down next to hers and watched Miaka sleep. Studying her, Obi-Wan kissed her eyelids and slowly climbed out of bed. Should he take the risk?

It was a fifty fifty chance. He could come out of it alive and well. Or he could die on the table. He had studied up on the procedure, there were only a couple of documented sucess stories with the procedure. And he wasn't sure if he wanted to take it. He would rather die among people he cared about than on a surgery table among healers.

But there was so much for him at the temple. Miaka, his best friend since forever. Bant, his other close friend. So many he would never be able to see again. Not until those became one with the force.

Then there was Qui-Gon.

He knew his death would be exceptionally hard on him. Qui-Gon would have lost yet another padawan. Obi-Wan didn't think his sensitive heart would take loosing another. But the loss of him was diffrent than loosing Xanatos.

"Obi-Wan?" Miaka mumbled as she began to wake up. Her eyes fluttered open. He smiled. "What time is it."

"8:00." Obi-Wan told her. She sat up in the bed and rubbed her face. "You have to work." She shook her head no. Miaka looked at him and smiled. Obi-Wan laid next to her again and she laid her head on his chest. "Miaka?"

"Yes Obi-Wan." She whispered. Pushing her off him he turned to her with the most intense gaze. Taking her hand into his he started.

"Do you want me to take the risk and have the surgery?" He winced when he asked. Miaka gaped, she could not believe she asked him such a thing.

"You mean you want me to decide if you live or die?" She was obviously hurt that he had asked her this. To have the fate of another's life in your hands is something that Miaka couldn't deal with.

Yet, she was a healer, she dealt with this everyday.

But this was diffrent, it was Obi-Wan, her Obi-Wan! The one she grew up with, they had went through training together in the temple. They had too much of a history in eachother's life. Miaka began to weep silently, her emotions getting the best of her. Reaching a hand out Obi-Wan knew he shouldn't have asked. She swat it away and got out of bed.

"How could you ask me that?" She cried. "Making me decide wether you live or die??" Miaka grabbed her robe and ran out of the room crying.

Obi-Wan frowned and put his head into his hands. Almost as if on cue, Qui-Gon entered the room to check on him. "Obi-Wan?" Shoting him a 'don't talk to me look,' he put his head back into his hands and began to cry. "What's wrong."

"What's wrong???" Obi-Wan mocked. "What's wrong???" He laughed at the question. "Master you can just look at me and see what's wrong!" He stoped enough to get out of bed. "I'm dying, at twenty-three years of age. I look at other people my age and I begin to wallow in self pity. Which is such a non-Jedi thing to do." He wiped his tears with the back of his tunic and continued. "I try to accept this as my fate, that it is the will of the force. But then I see all my friends. Miaka, Bant, everyone. And all I can think is that I am being punished for something that I didn't do!" Qui-Gon slowly walked over to him, not wanting him to turn him away. Obi-Wan turned to Qui-Gon and looked him right in the eyes. "Then there is something else."

"What's that?" Qui-Gon asked, almost in tears himself. Obi-Wan wiped his eyes and started again.

"Out of all those people there is only one who I think I couldn't loose." Qui-Gon just looked at him again. "I don't want to loose you Master." Obi-Wan didn't try to stop the tears this time. He just let them go and he slumped back onto the bed. Qui-Gon put his arms around him.

"You will never loose me Padawan." Qui-Gon said through his own tears. "You will have me until the end." He choked back on those wor

16. Renton Kenobi

May 24, 2000
    I POSTED! :D AREN"T YA PROUD????

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    I am very proud and what an awesome post it is.

18. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    so sweet Renton so sweet

19. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000
    Oh! :sniffle: That was entirely sad, and wonderful at the same time! UP!

aa :D

20. PadawanKenobi

PadawanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    That was so sad and sooo goood. Thanks Renton, I needed that! :)

21. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Darn proud Renton, but still wanting more.

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    doobie, doobie, doo....

25. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Renton..found this thing on page 8 !!! It's lonely for a post !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.